It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS is lacking political balance

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
How did I miss that Slayer post?! Thanks for sharing that!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Thank you for your contribution. But balance is definitely what I’m focused on here. And respect.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:32 PM
link   
The mud pit has had a detrimental effect on ATS. It has made difficult to have a rational debate with others. The mud pit mentality spills over into other threads as well. I was drawn to ATS for their higher standard but the mud pit has lowered that standard.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
a reply to: Assassin82

This a great post, and I appreciate the time and thought you put into it

I'm going to deviate from the script though and go conspiracy theorist...

I have noticed a significant drop off of left leaning posts recently. To be specific, the drop off coincided with the media purge -- ooops! I mean layoffs -- a few weeks ago.

Maybe -- just maybe! -- for these purposes, we can divide ATSers into three categories: Leaders, Followers and Independent Thinkers. To be more specific, the "Leaders" would be political operatives posting here to create/lead the narrative... the "Followers" would be those who repeat and even elaborate and exaggerate the narrative provided by the "Leader"... and the "Indies" are those who don't follow either party's narrative.

If the "Leaders" on the left were purged along with their comrades in the media, and they no longer have a job to do here, and they stop providing the narrative, then the "Followers" have no one to follow... no one to parrot... no one to give them their talking points. Hence, much less posting in the left's echo chamber.

On the other hand, we have to take into account the impact of the Q thread, and how many Qsters come initially for the Q thread and then wander into the other threads and forums, thus increasing the echo chamber of the right... or at least the Trumpsters.

If there is any truth to the above, then I expect that folks on the left are simply regrouping and preparing for their next propaganda blitz.

If none of the above is true, then I will simply say that ATS is like a pendulum that swings from one side to the other, and this is a temporary state of being!

I like this! Maybe....who knows. Worth exploring at least.

link   

originally posted by: Assassin82
Well, that was just a bit of a joke. Maybe not a good one I guess.

Your guess is right, at least for me.

I mentioned in the OP that Wiki, or any open sourced platform like Wiki wasn't reliable. I added it for context.

My only problem is that you said it was Wikipedia when it's not. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have posted on this thread.

link   
This site has turned in to pro trump central and it's difficult to come on here without being dragged in to a click bait Trump topic. The actual meat and bones posts of ats that I had originally joined for are few and far between
I find myself going on YouTube or listening to podcasts to get my conspiracy fix.

Being on ats is like being at Thanksgiving dinner with 6 drunk uncle's spewing hatred and political division and calling anyone that doesn't agree with trump a libtard sjw, amongst a slew of other "talking point" names meant to make anyone that doesn't agree a low iq having non America loving low life.

I feel like ats has been infiltrated by 4 chanesque trolls that spend 99 percent of their time on here brewing hatred for the left and anyone anti-trump. I mean seriously these people seem well read, can type eloquently and have what appears to be a higher level of learning but yet they spend upwards of what seems like 12 or more hours a day posting, posting, posting...when you sit on a website for that much time a day do you have a job do you have a life do you ever venture out of your house to see the real world or do you get your view of the world from Trump's Twitter and right wing sources?

It's no wonder you all think the world is going to hell, you guys are too busy taking Alex Jones word for it!!!

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Tough tata's. When I returned to this place it was infested with loony lefties and Antifa apologists. I'd say this is a giant turn for the better.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I might be alone on this but does this thread get anyone else thinking that this could be a good idea....

Get one of the owners to create a thread just for members to discuss ATS improvements and get member input on how to improve the site for everyone left and right hell even let those wacky dudes in the centre or those who just don't care about conspiracies involved.

I really do think that this site is on the cliff of the cyber abyss, why not just let us members, owners and mods all talk it out, Then the adopt most the popular and easiest to enforce changes can be made. I know not everyone will agree with suggestions but am sure that we could come up with something.

Just a suggestion....
edit on 26-2-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin
I might be alone on this but does this thread get anyone else thinking that this could be a good idea....

Get one of the owners to create a thread just for members to discuss ATS improvements and get member input on how to improve the site for everyone left and right hell even let those wacky dudes in the centre or those who just don't care about conspiracies involved.

I really do think that this site is on the cliff of the cyber abyss, why not just let us members, owners and mods all talk it out, Then the post popular and easiest to enforce changes can be made.

Just a suggestion....

While I agree in principle, I don't see it happening, as it's a source of revenue for the owners and, therefore, it's their right to make all decisions in regards to their moneymaking ability.

If I did have input though: get rid of the mud pit. It spills over into every other forum and drags those down to the same level.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

I totally agree its up to those who are making the money off the free site what they want to do, but as the members who use the site daily I am sure some of us would have some suggestions as to how to improve things on all sides.

Take the mud-pit for instance, I think most site traffic goes through there, but what if we removed stars and flags from it, what if we issued a set of clearly established rules. again just ideas.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

and most are trump supporters....

I can just see you spit when you type Trump...lol

link   

originally posted by: Djarums

originally posted by: LSU2018

Whoever took the time to edit the information on Wikipedia really needs to move on with their life. What a whiny turd burglar. Unreal/hilarious.

I gave up on that hope about a decade ago.

We do have a special type of hater. Some people are so obsessed that they actually become deranged and lose any sort of "humanity" they may have had before their bad interaction with us. I mean... one of those wikis (I forget which one but they did give me a glowing mention as well) actually encouraged people to sign up for ATS and mock one of our beloved staff members for having terminal cancer. He's since passed and is missed every day, but it gives you a feel for what kind of people we're talking about here.

Yeah I've seen y'all mention him in the past. People can be real hateful when they're desperate or angry, and that's what we've seen going into these Wiki sites and editing them. I assume any Tom, Dick, or Janie can go in to edit. I didn't read every page between 2 and 13, but I'm betting none of the lefties on here read the part that said the information in the Wiki had too many unsourced opinions.

link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi
The mud pit has had a detrimental effect on ATS. It has made difficult to have a rational debate with others. The mud pit mentality spills over into other threads as well. I was drawn to ATS for their higher standard but the mud pit has lowered that standard.

I totally agree. The mudpit is like a virus infecting the overall conscience of the site. Free for all insults and adolescent meme's in place of rational debate. Theres also a negative side.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: narrator

Go back to a 2015 thread. There are lots of democrats that became right leaning when they watched Trump work towards making this country better.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I mentioned in the OP that Wiki, or any open sourced platform like Wiki wasn't reliable. I added it for context.

My only problem is that you said it was Wikipedia when it's not. If it wasn't for that I wouldn't have posted on this thread.

I mentioned earlier that if I could go back and erase it, I would. I tried searching for ATS information and came across what looked like Wikipedia. And again, whether it is wiki or not, I said in the OP I wasn’t trying to source to my claim.

But regardless, one of you guys sure did piss off a previous member. Enough for him/her to go and write all that.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: lakenheath24
ATS...Fair and Balanced.

The opportunity is there. The mods can direct and guide the forum, but much as everyone has a cell in their hand with a blank look, was it wise to think all aspects of behavior and decorum would not change as well. It's the times we live in. and with MASS anonymity it will only increase. It will be self destructive in the end. ATS had a long ride, now it's losing it's intended purpose.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

As long as I'm not expected to sing kareoke after tequila shots 😂

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

You have my respect. I am taking myself out of your excellent thread because I do not feel like I contributed anything.
Thanks for a good afternoon.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
My $.02 is and a couple of friends that are on here agree that this is the only place a political discussion can be had without someone being banned or just abused so bad that they leave anyway. A couple of other places you say anything that doesn't tow to the proper left or right depending on the site the name calling starts then a partial ban or full one. The mods here at least force people to have a bit of respect.

You are right... Facebook is a lot worse. I’ve had people call
Me really nasty names there. This is really a much better forum for dialogue. Facebook is truly not fair and balanced. Shadow banning prevails there.

posted on Feb, 26 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

You have my respect. I am taking myself out of your excellent thread because I do not feel like I contributed anything.
Thanks for a good afternoon.

You have though!

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join