It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren Tax the rich to pay for childcare for everyone else

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Just a thought on this.

Like Obamacare the only way to make this feasible is to make it manditory

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: rickymouse
We have more important issues than childcare costs to deal with in this country. There are a lot of grandparents that will take care of kids, yet the young do not feel the grandparents should be bothered.

I think maybe the grandparents feel the grandparents shoudn't be bothered. We raised the kids. Now we have to raise the kids' kids? I don't think so. Take care of your own kids.

Come and see the wonderous thing called familial warmth and joy!

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 03:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: JDmOKI
a reply to: JAGStorm

How come the solution to everything is more taxes. Don't be naive and think it just stops at the wealthy

Oh I'm not naive, nor do I think this will stick with the ultrarich. In the end it will be middle class paying for just about everything.

Get real.

By then, there won't be a middle class anymore because no one will be able to afford being middle class.

By then, we'll be Venezuela -- everything will be free to those who can afford to buy it on the black market.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

We have more important issues than childcare costs to deal with in this country. There are a lot of grandparents that will take care of kids, yet the young do not feel the grandparents should be bothered.

I think maybe the grandparents feel the grandparents shoudn't be bothered. We raised the kids. Now we have to raise the kids' kids? I don't think so. Take care of your own kids.

Come and see the wonderous thing called familial warmth and joy!

By taking responsibility for my grandkids when my kids won't? No thank you. Come visit. Experience familial warmth and joy. Then go home. Retirement does not mean I'm at your disposal.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 04:28 PM
link   
This is a great idea!

It's kinda like Section 8 housing. All the landlords keep those houses/apartments in tip-top shape for the tenants. There are absolutely no slumlords who are just getting a check from Uncle Sugar.

I mean, absolutely no daycare operator would run a shoddy business just to collect a government check, right? They would use that extra government money to provide outstanding care for your children, not just pocket it.

I'm sure that the government will fund enough positions to ensure proper oversight, like they always do.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Sorry, I avoid the cost of childcare by not having children. Can't afford it? Don't have kids. Not my responsibility to cover for your mistakes that you can't afford.

Don't we do that with all the welfare children and kids in foster homes and adopted kids.
In Calif. an adopted parent can get $780 a month for adopting a handicap child.
But yes, when needed it helps, but where is the fair and just come into place, we really just can't pin point it.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I haven't read this bill yet so I don't know if I agree with it or not, but in principal I would have no problem paying more taxes for other peoples daycare. As long as it's a fair amount.

I have no kids of my own and never will. But I don't mind helping struggling parents.

Better than those kids getting neglected and ending up in jail where I will have to pay taxes on them anyway.
www.reference.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 06:59 PM
link   

I don't mind having the grandkids and great granddaughter over, I prefer to get them when they no longer need diapers though. I didn't change one grandkids diaper, I told my daughter I wouldn't. Then the great granddaughter is over and I changed her diapers. I won't be changing my great granddaughters kids diapers though just like I did not change my granddaughters diapers. Since I changed my daughters diapers, they have to change their kids diapers, not me.

I use that every other generation rule, otherwise I would be changing diapers all the time.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

Quick question that I often ask anyone who is for raising taxes.

Is the government spending the money that they already take from us, wisely?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Yes and no.

Do you really believe that not one dime is spent wisely by the government of any states and the fed?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Of course not!

I do believe that 10 cents out of every dollar the government takes, is spent wisely.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:37 PM
link   

but in principal I would have no problem paying more taxes for other peoples daycare. As long as it's a fair amount.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:42 PM
link   

How about. . . oh I don't know. . . . humbly requesting that the money that government already takes, be spent wisely before supporting giving them more.

Wacky idea.

I know.

I'm sorry.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Right now this appears to just be warren talking about things she would like to happen.

I'm going to save my opinions on this when /if it becomes a bill.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 07:51 PM
link   

If you're for higher taxes, then you're part of the problem.

Something to keep in mind.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

Of course not. So those without resources need to understand that having children just isn't in the cards for them. This includes abstaining entirely from sexual activity entirely or doing so safely

The public is not obligated to take care of their kids or facilitate them having children. Frankly, it isn't my/the public's problem

Here's my statement to them: Figure it out
edit on 2/19/2019 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2019 @ 08:09 AM
link   
It's cheaper to buy a sex bot than have a kid.

If you want to act like animals.

Act like animals.

Or PROVE we are an enlightened,evolved species.

And control your junk.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join