It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren Tax the rich to pay for childcare for everyone else

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:16 AM
link   
www.tmj4.com... olPmG2egsPfNNUHV_pw8GLUB54

The care would be free for families with incomes below 200% of the poverty level -- about $51,500 for a family of four. Those earning more would pay a subsidized fee based on their income, with no household shelling out more than 7% of their income.

Universal childcare for all......

Daycare is a small fortune, and I truly feel for parents struggling with it. I don't however think that taxing someone else is acceptable to pay for your decision to have kids. This sounds harsh, but if you can't afford children/childcare don't have them. Birth control is cheaper than it has ever been.
I really hate when any politician uses the word "free". We know it's not free, it comes at a cost to someone else.

I think this will be a huge trend in the next election, what is being given away for "free". It is just sad that some people might see this as a good thing.
edit on 19-2-2019 by JAGStorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

The proposal marks the Massachusetts Democrat's second major policy outline to be unveiled this year as she competes for the 2020 Democratic nomination. Last month, Warren released a "wealth tax" plan aimed at the most affluent Americans whose net worth exceeds $50 million.

Networth Not income.

Warren is one of the vile,most EVIL persons in this country.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: neo96

It is kind of funny watching the libs try to out lib and out give-a-way each other. It’s going to be a crazy year.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Sorry, I avoid the cost of childcare by not having children. Can't afford it? Don't have kids. Not my responsibility to cover for your mistakes that you can't afford.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Only 7% of someone's income?.......how generous of them.

Not saying childcare isn't a good thing but this proposal is not very well thought out.

Is every new idea going to boil down to basically "tax someone else" for that benefit?

A national run Daycare would probably be a horrible Idea and cost far more than projected.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I thought that people were concerned about the decline in american born children? Wouldn't this help in addressing that problem?

I don't really care either way (not american), the complaining just seems inconsistent.

link   

link   

The care would be free for families with incomes below 200% of the poverty level -- about $51,500 for a family of four. Those earning more would pay a subsidized fee based on their income, with no household shelling out more than 7% of their income.

That should scare the hell out of you.

200% BELOW the poverty level.

a 7% cap no matter HOW MANY children parents have.

Subsided fees.

On top of a persons net worth.

Net worth is determined by assets - liabilities.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: wheresthebody

I thought people were for the 14th amendment.

That protects the INDIVIDUALS RIGHT to life,liberty,PROPERTY and EQUAL PROTECTION under the law.

Not creating a slave class to pay for Warrens idiotic snip.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hypntick
Sorry, I avoid the cost of childcare by not having children. Can't afford it? Don't have kids. Not my responsibility to cover for your mistakes that you can't afford.

Just going off on a little tangent. Recently I saw an ad for a lady asking for child care.

She wanted someone to pick her toddlers up from daycare and watch them at home, and on the weekends.
How incredibly sad is that?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Sounds messy, I'm glad my mother fled that country 35 years ago so I don't have to be so afraid all of the time.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Sounds like what FDR did to the Japanese, and the rest of the Americans confiscating gold and silver because he felt like it.

AKA pure fascism.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:46 AM
link   

must suck to be american

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Letting the rich pay for child care is better than letting them watch your child but still both bad ideas.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
I will solve every problem with one simple idea. Congress just takes 100% of our wages and just give everybody a weekly allowance to buy vegan groceries. See how easy that was. Wheres the evil genius button.

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Sounds like what FDR did to the Japanese, and the rest of the Americans confiscating gold and silver because he felt like it.

AKA pure fascism.

Oh don't you worry, it's not just about daycare, don't forget there is a war on drugs too.
No mention of where the money would come from, but probably more of the same.

The bill would authorize $100 billion over 10 years to combat drug addiction

www.vox.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Only because morons elect people like Warren

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

i thought elections were rigged?

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

So Warrens solution to fight drugs is giving people free drugs!

As a US senator for Massachusetts, Warren has built a formidable record on the opioid crisis, which now kills more Americans than gun violence or car crashes. She’s called for more research into alternative painkillers, including medical marijuana.

I can't stand that #

posted on Feb, 19 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Well,,,as much as I despise Liawatha, if you think about the globalists and their goal of importing people from 3rd world countries because we in the western world are not having enough children, it would make more sense to incentivize OUR OWN to have children.

Why import those who's way of life are not compatible with our way of life and subsidize them with welfare and all the bennys?

Orban in Hungary even gets it. Start incentivizing your own to have children, instead of importing people who don't assimilate to your way of life?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join