It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reconciling Creationism with Evolution: both are correct...

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Teaching it as science to children
They are lying to children that abiogenesis is evolution or those with authority are making a claim

I don’t care what it is but it’s a fact it’s being done padawan, you can not deny what is happening little one, deny everything but not it is a fact

First lesson, observe, listen, seek and tell lies and you will not have to expand your mind to the truth, deny reality padawan and you will grow strong in your space magic skills

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: Raggedyman

Nope. As a priest to the Morrigan. Nope. Try again

The Myth of Cu Chulainn

Cu Chulainn was a warrior and Morrigan fell deeply in love with him. She tried to seduce the warrior but he rejected her. Unable to deal with the rejection, she set out to seek revenge.

She tried to use her magic to increase his inner strength but needed him to be still and near her in order to do so. Because she was a shape-shifter, she appeared to him for the first time as a bull. She told him to run but he refused and kept on his path.

Poor Morigan, tried magic to get a man to have sex with her and still failed seemingly.
Not a feminist at all was she

m.youtube.com...

But hey, your a priest ...

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:57 PM
link   

You still don't understand. A text book is not proof of anything. While a chapter night mention abiogensis in it. No credible scientist would try to tie evolution to abiogenesis.

So you've shown nothing Raggy. Beyond a continued ignorance of science.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 04:59 PM
link   

An Morrigan (the Morrigan) was a Goddess of soverignty of the land, War, warriors (viz Cu Cuchulain), divination, and magic, among other things. You clearly don't know your Irish myth, if you try to use that little snippet about her as your only source. Try War Goddess: The Morrígan and her Germano-Celtic Counterpart by Angelique Gulermovich Epstein.

Again, you don't know anything about Pagan cosmology, just like you know nothing about science. You are also a very poor troll.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 05:43 PM
link   

edit on 12-2-2019 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 06:54 PM
link   
What is funny to me is that people that de-couple abiogenesis from evolution on a scientific basis, just don't care about the total truth of the whole concept. They only care about being correct about the definition of what the science is called because it works for them intellectually and emotionally. Technically they are correct, but you can be technically correct and still be wrong in a different way, and everybody knows it, this happens in court rooms everyday.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33
What is funny to me is that people that de-couple abiogenesis from evolution on a scientific basis, just don't care about the total truth of the whole concept. They only care about being correct about the definition of what the science is called because it works for them intellectually and emotionally. Technically they are correct, but you can be technically correct and still be wrong in a different way, and everybody knows it, this happens in court rooms everyday.

Yeah exactly. Abiogenesis sets up all the cellular necessities, and is a requirement or primer to set the stage for evolution. Separating the two is often used as a smug tool to show how much someone knows,

"well, I'll have you know, that abiogenesis is not the same as evolution, you're so scientifically illiterate, etc"

The fact is evolution has never been seen in a lab. Fruit flies remain fruit flies, mice remain mice. Nor has abiogenesis been demonstrated. Even under ideal controlled lab settings orchestrated by intelligent human beings we can not replicate the non-life to life transition. Making it all the more unlikely that random chaos could produce anything better! People can believe whatever they want, but abiogenesis and evolution are based entirely on faith and extrapolated data and it should not parade itself as empirical fact by any means. It is not science, it is a faith-based religion.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Its nice how you try to ascribe why science keeps these separate to feelings of not wanting truth. You know as opposed to the fact that they would be separate mechanisms.

But tell you what, you believe that
Because you only have belief, not proof

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 08:05 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

You are making some unfounded assumptions. Abiogenesis does in no way have to set anything up. It is simply first life.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Its nice how you try to ascribe why science keeps these separate to feelings of not wanting truth. You know as opposed to the fact that they would be separate mechanisms.

Oh you mean like the categories of Chemical evolution and Biological evolution are separate mechanisms and therefore not linked to each other at all, ok I got it now, it's so clear, thanks for explaining that.

edit on 12-2-2019 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

Another vomit worthy response. You are on a role!

Evolution and abiogenesis have absolutely nothing to do with one another.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
The fact is evolution has never been seen in a lab. Fruit flies remain fruit flies, mice remain mice. Nor has abiogenesis been demonstrated. Even under ideal controlled lab settings orchestrated by intelligent human beings we can not replicate the non-life to life transition. Making it all the more unlikely that random chaos could produce anything better! People can believe whatever they want, but abiogenesis and evolution are based entirely on faith and extrapolated data and it should not parade itself as empirical fact by any means. It is not science, it is a faith-based religion.

Welcome back, Coop. Good to see you have advanced your knowledge on evolution and aren't just repeating the same old debunked bull# again... Oh wait. Nevermind.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:07 PM
link   

You are right of course Padawan, that’s why I linked a YouTube video of the pagan priestess calling Morigan a bunny boiler
That is why I can teach you lessons padawan, because I get others with more knowledge than you to teach you young padwan . I know I don’t know so I defer to more learned people padwan, why you are the student, I got help from your own kind.

I know nothing of Pagan cosmology but the YouTube link of that priestess calling Morigan a bunny boiler was cool, way to cool

Nothing to do with me noindie, I just linked the video.
If it hurts your feelings it is not my comments, just another pagan priest with clearly a different opinion

Don’t go all Morigan hissy fit at me, just reporting what I found
edit on 12-2-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

All you have to do barcs is show some repetable, observable and testable ...
Oh wait, never mind

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Barcs

Nope again, just your opinion, I just read an article from a scientist that believes in evolution but doesn't hold that viewpoint, says they have to be linked, now we are finally getting somewhere, finally a evolutionary scientist with intellectual honesty, and I know he is not alone......... so look for my new thread on the subject coming soon.

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:27 PM
link   

You still don't understand. A text book is not proof of anything. While a chapter night mention abiogensis in it. No credible scientist would try to tie evolution to abiogenesis.

I don’t understand anything, really?

What I understand is there is a school textbook stating abiogenesis is evolution and I understand you are denying that textbook exists

I understand that, do you

It’s in credible you keep denying it’s a school book in a school science class
Padawan, stop and comprehend, don’t comment padawan, stop and think, just stop think, validate that a science class, science book, science teacher discussing Abiogenesis is evolution in the science book being taught by science teachers in a science class at schools, now padawan stop and think

posted on Feb, 12 2019 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I don’t understand anything, really?

What I understand is there is a school textbook stating abiogenesis is evolution and I understand you are denying that textbook exists

I understand that, do you

It’s in credible you keep denying it’s a school book in a school science class
Padawan, stop and comprehend, don’t comment padawan, stop and think, just stop think, validate that a science class, science book, science teacher discussing Abiogenesis is evolution in the science book being taught by science teachers in a science class at schools, now padawan stop and think

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   

No I not saying in the west I'm speaking historically about the creation of monotheism. You argued that science was supported by the church but the evidence clearly speaks for itself
you did defend the church , you said that if it wasn't for the church science wouldn't have taken off as well !

i'm not a feminist I'm an egalitarian there is a difference

There are still religions alive in the world today that treat women as second class citizens
to deny that is ignorant and delusional

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 07:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman
a reply to: sapien82

Interesting thread, might offend feminists so be warned

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Very good , If I was a feminist it may very well offend me , but considering you wrongly assumed I was a feminist because I was defending your attack on female deities as "sex workers " was a grave error on your part.

Thanks

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I don’t defend the churc re it’s crimes, I would have thought a person capable of simple comprehension would understand that in the post

The reformed church under Martin Luther introduced education and hospitals but you don’t know history so I am wasting my time

No thanks Sapien, you are ignorant and not worth the time

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join