It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reconciling Creationism with Evolution: both are correct...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 02:37 AM
link   
There is no reconciling them. Creation is evidently true. Evolution is fake pseudo-science.

posted on Feb, 16 2019 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Toothache
There is no reconciling them. Creation is evidently true. Evolution is fake pseudo-science.

Which one is dependent on the scientific method? And which one is dependent on faith?

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

How would you actually know that person is a respected pagan? You have no way of judging it. I've mentioned two very respected members of the community, one a published author, the other a preist (like myself) dedicated to the Goddess.

You are cherry picking your sites to back your spurious attestations. Start with Wikipeida. Now read the introduction and see "The Morrígan is mainly associated with war and fate, especially with foretelling doom, death or victory in battle."

Next move to War Goddess: The Morrígan and her Germano-Celtic Counterparts by Angelique Gulermovich Epstein. It was her PhD thesis. Myself and several members of the Celtic Reconstructionist community were allowed to read this prior to her examination. Go to the opening paragraph, in a PhD thesis, this details the crux of the following thousands of words.

"The Morrígan was the war goddess of the pagan Irish. She is a goddess personifying war the way the ancient Irish saw it: loud, chaotic, glorious, bloody and heroic. She is savage and deceitful, bloodthirsty, revelling in the gore of battle. She comes as a carrion crow or a hag, portending or causing violent death. Yet she is no mere demoness. She fights for her race, the Túatha dé Danann, against the invading Fomoire. She has a strange relationship with Ireland's great warrior Cú Chulainn: by fighting him, she forces him to rise to his greatest glory. Under other names — Nemain, Macha, Fé, Badb, the Washer at the Ford — she shows aspects of motherhood, sorcery, prophecy and teaching."

No where in either of those sources do you see fertility. You are a typical uneducated Christian, who assumes all the Goddesses were simple fertility deities. As opposed to actually being far more complex. In Irish Myth An Dagda (the Dagda, the Good God (he was good at all skills, he was a Samildánach (equally skilled in all skills)) came to An Morrigan and bargained with her for victory. He was a Druid, and previous Cheif of the Tuatha De Dannan. he was in essence subservient to her, as she was the land itself, thus she is a Queen, deity of sovereignty of the land.

So you do not have to believe me. But you have to be able to do research to keep up with me neighbour. Just as with science, your home schooling fails you here.

Slan let, do not the door hit your toin.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:11 PM
link   

With regards to Science, in especially Evolution, you are ingorant. You ignore facts, you throw insults. Then you somehow decided to try and show you were better at Pagan cosmology than others here. The result, again ignorance.

You do not have critical thinking with regards to sources (Youtube and a femminist web site, vs a PhD thesis, an author and a respected priest I cited)

Thus as Master Coomba tagged you, you are a Padawan Learner.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Toothache

You can of course prove this? Go on.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

That’s great noindie and all I see in every post you place in relation to creation is confirmation bias
I have seen few atheists run a critical eye, show a gram of doubt, note that there is no real science offered in the evolution theory.
Circumstantial evidence, sure, empirical evidence, nah

Your faith in evolution staggers me, sincerely I can not believe how readily you accept everything you are told

Your respected author priest? Seriously, you are arguing that some author, a PhD person is your evidence over YouTube. Prove it.

You want me to believe someone because of their tile
I want you to believe in the bible because of its title

I stated I know nothing of your paganism, I deferred to someone else’s opinion
I will take YouTube over your internet Facebook priest
You deny empirical evidence
It’s a joke noindie, it really is.

edit on 17-2-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Its not faith neighbour. Its having worked in the field. It is having actually crunched the numbers from the experiments. But here you go building a strawman arguement again.

The respected author (Morgan Daimler) is considered one of the leading researchers into Pagan Irish Mythology. The PhD candidate had peer reviewed sources for her thesis. YOU had a feminist website and a youtube video. You are like an antivaxer, you google something, then argue with an expert.

So yeah, you don't understand Science, you don't have a clue about paganism. Yet you argue about it.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Yours is the straw man

I know nothing to little of paganism and you are saying I claim I know paganism.
Never claimed that, your straw man
I have used in my opinion respected pagan believers in my links

There are many female fertility gods, that’s a fact
en.m.wikipedia.org...
Wikipedia, how dare I, worse than YouTube

This argument from authority has to stop, I don’t know, care or respect Daimler
It really begs the question, where did Daimler get his information from, pagan bibles, hearsay, word of mouth?
His credibility is now shot, in my opinioN

You don’t understand empirical evidence, show faith in possible religious hacks and have an opinion different to mine
That and you don’t believe the bible

Believe whatever you want but don’t tell me I build straw men when that’s all you have been doing

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

The respected author (Morgan Daimler) is considered one of the leading researchers into Pagan Irish Mythology. The PhD candidate had peer reviewed sources for her thesis. YOU had a feminist website and a youtube video. You are like an antivaxer, you google something, then argue with an expert.

If I introduced you to John Piper, one of today’s most respected theologian, PhD, book author, blah blah blah and got him to teach you about the bible, would you care, really? You are like an antivaxer Noindie, arguing with an expert, someone way beyond your knowledge.

But because your person has these things I should take note, I should care about their opinion; do you get it?
I don’t know how I can explain the nonsensical nature of your argument in a way you could get it

Watch this again please

edit on 17-2-2019 by Raggedyman because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

originally posted by: Toothache

Which one is dependent on the scientific method? And which one is dependent on faith?

Be grateful if you could show me the scientific method used in evolution
Do that and I will stop asking and accept evolution as a fact

The empirical evidence please

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Neighbour. I've posted you three names of experts in the field. Including a PhD thesis, which has now been reworked to a book you can buy, rent, or find in a decent university library. It is not an argument based on authority.

Oh and Morgan Daimler is a woman. You really are a bit biased there
SHE got her information, from translating herself the old irish texts which remain, working with local (Irish) people, and other Celtic Recons such as myself. John Becket similarly has done this (as have I). See you are missing the point. There are a considerable number of texts from Ireland, discussing the Tuatha De Dannan, which is one group of the deities of the Pagan Irish. Where did your so called expert get their information. Where did your feminists get theirs?

Read the materials I have provided, or recant. Until you do, you are being willfully ignorant.

QED

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 09:33 PM
link   

You don't read too well.

Angelique Gulermovich Epstein is the the person who wrote the thesis. Morgan writes books, based on the extant. Lore. Again, you rely on youtube videos. Not actually reading the source material. I've read it. You have not.

Here,

Nem co doman.

Doman fo nim,
nert hi cach,
an forlann,
lan do mil,
míd co saith.
Sam hi ngam,
gai for sciath,
sciath for durnd.
Dunad lonngarg;
longait- tromfóid
fod di uí
ross forbiur benna
abu airbe imetha.
Mess for crannaib
craob do scís
scís do áss
saith do mac
mac for muin,
muin tairb
tarb di arccoin
odhb do crann
crann do ten.
Tene a nn-ail.
Ail a n-úir
uích a mbuaib
boinn a mbru.
Brú lafefaid
ossghlas iaer errach,
foghamar forasit etha.
Iall do tír
tír co trachd lefeabrea.
Bídruad rossaib síraib rithmár,
‘Nach scel laut?’
Sith co nem
bidsirnae.

No fertility Goddess to be seen in there.

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Motgan Daimler could be a kangaroo for all I care
What’s wrong with you
I don’t care

I don’t rate your experts, they believe in fairy myths for my money
A PhD in fairy myths so it’s not relevant to me as the bible isn’t to you, why is that so hard to understand

You said that because they had a PhD, we’re a priest, I should note what they say
Remember this

Then you go on about old texts, I can do the same with biblical texts and you would ignore it completely
The bible, both New Testament and old have thousands of texts that millions of people have poured over for many centuries and you want me to,consider your text

How can you have a disconnection between what you are saying and what you condemn me for saying

Female pagan gods were mostly fertility gods or were related in to some form of fertility, that’s a fact. I am sorry if that hurts your feelings, not all but most, especially in the A&NE

posted on Feb, 17 2019 @ 10:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

You can of course prove this? Go on.

Of course I can. I just don't feel like it.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 06:53 AM
link   
here is a list of all the female deities we know of

Female Goddesses

the Majority have nothing to do with fertility

As for intelligence and the advancement of humans

Seshat

Seshat

Seshat Seshat.svg Seshat, depicted in a leopard skin, inscribing the years of reign for the king on the palm-leaf rib which served for tallying up the years and so had become the hieroglyph for "year".[1] Name in hieroglyphs R20 t B1 Symbol Unknown seven-pointed emblem above her head.[2][3][4][5] Consort Thoth (in some accounts) Parents Thoth Seshat, under various spellings,[6] was the ancient Egyptian goddess of wisdom, knowledge, and writing. She was seen as a scribe and record keeper, and her name means she who scrivens (i.e. she who is the scribe), and is credited with inventing writing. She also became identified as the goddess of accounting, architecture, astronomy, astrology, building, mathematics, and surveying.

Pay special attention to "credited with inventing writing"

So much for fertility
well at least we were able to record the word fertility since this Goddess gifted us with writing !

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Thread drift

something I just noticed about Seshat , she is noting the years of reign along the spine of a palm leaf by making notches
the Celtic peoples of Britain done this on stones and trees using Ogham !

there are stories of the tribal peoples of Britain especially Ireland and Scotland coming from Egypt

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 09:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
here is a list of all the female deities we know of

Female Goddesses

the Majority have nothing to do with fertility

As for intelligence and the advancement of humans

Seshat

Seshat

Seshat Seshat.svg Seshat, depicted in a leopard skin, inscribing the years of reign for the king on the palm-leaf rib which served for tallying up the years and so had become the hieroglyph for "year".[1] Name in hieroglyphs R20 t B1 Symbol Unknown seven-pointed emblem above her head.[2][3][4][5] Consort Thoth (in some accounts) Parents Thoth Seshat, under various spellings,[6] was the ancient Egyptian goddess of wisdom, knowledge, and writing. She was seen as a scribe and record keeper, and her name means she who scrivens (i.e. she who is the scribe), and is credited with inventing writing. She also became identified as the goddess of accounting, architecture, astronomy, astrology, building, mathematics, and surveying.

Pay special attention to "credited with inventing writing"

So much for fertility
well at least we were able to record the word fertility since this Goddess gifted us with writing !

Wow awesome, you found ONE that wasn’t, good onya👍🌈🤪yay you

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Ahh, ok. Fair dues then. I don't feel like believing you.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

Thread drift indeed. Also it was only the Irish who used Ogam. The version of Irish prior to Old Irish is known as "ogam" (the Old Irish spelling is Ogam, modern Ogham).

The book of invasions has Scotia as the daughter of a Pharaoh, and the stone of kings (one of hte 5 treasures) being the Pharaohs pillow.

There are also stories of the Sons of Mill coming via Spain. Which is actually slightly born out by genetic studies.

Stories evolve, just like biological species.

posted on Feb, 18 2019 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Most are not.

Sif, not a fertility Goddess.
Brigid Not a Fertility Goddess.
*Haéusōs (the Proto European deity of the dawn) Not a Fertility Goddess.
Most Indo-European Goddesses we know are more likely to be River deities, not Fertility ones.

Lets keep going
Artemis. Not a Fertility Goddess
Athena, Not a Fertility Goddess
Dhat-Badan Not a Fertility Goddess
Ayao Not a Fertility Goddess
Oya Not a Fertility Goddess
Asherah Not a Fertility Goddess (she is the Queen of Heaven in Semitic faith, you follow a Semitic Faith neighbour)
Aide Not a Fertility Goddess
Artio Not a Fertility Goddess (she's a Bear Goddess)
Tailtiu (the Foster mother of the God Lug) Not a Fertility Goddess.
Badb (Badb Catha, Badhbh), Macha, Nemain most certainly not Fertility Goddesses
Cailleach. Oh most certainly Not a Fertility Goddess

You seem stuck on female deities being fertility deities. Here is the thing. Especially in Indo-European cultures, deities are very seldom the Deity of X (war, fertility, whatever). They are more complex.

So Again you are proven wrong.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join