It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reconciling Creationism with Evolution: both are correct...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman

Right so you conveniently ignore the 30 years war as a part of the Lutheran reformation ? You know History , you cant pick and chose the parts of history that conveniently support your own agenda its intellectually dishonest.
what use are schools, hospitals and churches when your killing millions in sectarian wars?

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:37 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I am not ignoring it, history and brutal. Luther was not Jesus, he made mistakes
But
He also introduced education and hospitals birthed by the church that broke away from the Catholic system and gave birth to the West and equality women have today

What you seem to ignore

What use are schools, hospitals and churches you aren’t being serious are you?
Are you that ignorant of the society you live in today?
What use, just look around you, alternately, deny everything you see

I sincerely can’t understand how you think the way you do, how you can be so completely ignorant

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Mate you are selectively taking parts of my post out of context to fit your own agenda!

I said what use are schools and hospitals and churches if your fighting wars for 30 years over whose god is the correct god and killing 8 million in the process !

Women didn't have equality until the suffragette movement the lutheran reformation killed more women than it saved educated etc

Awa an boil yer heid ya wee nyaff

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Like I said

women were still beneath men

you said you know about history but its apparent you conveniently ignore the parts that dont support your own position!

Have a read of this
but I'll place this one quote here

Women in the protestant reformation

A wife was expected to be a companion to her husband, but she was always his subordinate.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

Yes indeed the world evolution can be applied in a great many ways. it was not coined to be used JUST to denote the change in life (aka biological evolution). We've been over this. If you can't use the language, do not.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   

You're problem Raggy is that you think Youtube teaches you things
I've studied Indo-European cosmology for a couple of decades, but no, you found a Youtube

Run along kiddo.

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

It wasn’t just YouTube it was a respected pagan priestess
Your argument is stupid noindie, the lady was a respected Morrigan priestess, go,watch the full thing and then bag out your own kind not me

You just got schooled padawan, teach you Star Wars will I too

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82
Like I said

women were still beneath men

you said you know about history but its apparent you conveniently ignore the parts that dont support your own position!

Have a read of this
but I'll place this one quote here

Women in the protestant reformation

A wife was expected to be a companion to her husband, but she was always his subordinate.

Seriously are you a little special

Yes sapes, men in the church have got it wrong, failed women, still do
That is not an issue I am arguing
It’s not debatable,I admit, acknowledge, see, know that
Ok........
What’s wrong with you
Preaching at someone who agrees

But the reformation included women and the reformation brought education to women,as well as men

What’s your comprehension issue

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Mate you are selectively taking parts of my post out of context to fit your own agenda!

I said what use are schools and hospitals and churches if your fighting wars for 30 years over whose god is the correct god and killing 8 million in the process !

Women didn't have equality until the suffragette movement the lutheran reformation killed more women than it saved educated etc

Awa an boil yer heid ya wee nyaff

Really, show me the evidence, probe that the Lutheran reformation killed more women than itnsaved, evidence

Because the Lutheran movement is still saving women today, still educating them, getting sex workers off the streets of Asia through education. I have taught in schools in Cambodia through the church, girls and boys, mostly buddhists

You are base ignorant

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Raggy, you don't know a damned thing about Paganism. SO you can not tell who is or is not respected. You referenced an artist. I referenced an academic. Here is another name for you. Morgan Daimler. How about John Beckett? I'm also a member of The Coru Cathubodua preist hood.

But no, you went to you tube, and found a single video. An Morrigan was not a whore. Nore was Siff, certainly not Brigid, Rhiannon, and nore was Epona.

Quite simply, just as with your lack of education, your lack of education in pagan cosmology is showing.

Which lends me to think, your Christianity is lacking as well.

Ta ta

posted on Feb, 13 2019 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Raggy, you don't know a damned thing about Paganism. SO you can not tell who is or is not respected. You referenced an artist. I referenced an academic. Here is another name for you. Morgan Daimler. How about John Beckett? I'm also a member of The Coru Cathubodua preist hood.

But no, you went to you tube, and found a single video. An Morrigan was not a whore. Nore was Siff, certainly not Brigid, Rhiannon, and nore was Epona.

Quite simply, just as with your lack of education, your lack of education in pagan cosmology is showing.

Which lends me to think, your Christianity is lacking as well.

Ta ta

Noindie, not the sharpest padawan around are you

I have said I know nothing about paganism, many times, many many times so stop telling me what I already know
Hence I deferred to
The woman in the video who has credentials in her field and is respected, tough titties for you

I never said she was a whore, I said many pagan gods were, mostly in the A& NE, that's a fact.
Even Morigan was a bunny boiler and was whatever else was in the video, that's not my comment because as you and I have said. I don't know about pagan gods, remember

Listen padwan, I know as much about paganism as you know about christianity, I have every right to comment

Look this lady says Morrigan is a fertility god
feminismandreligion.com...
But what would I know, that's right, nothing, hence why I used another persons opinion

Why would I believe anything you say over others, self proclaimed Star Wars hero, whatever you think you are

(post by coomba98 removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 06:16 AM
link   

when you cant argue your point you resort to personal insults standard!

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

when you cant argue your point you resort to personal insults standard!

Is being called a star wars fan and padwan an insult?
Interesting

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I'm not talking about your posts to other members, you have repeatedly insulted me in nearly every single one of your posts
as for general discussion with people you are not accustomed , its considered civil to discuss and debate subjects without resorting
to crassness !
Insulting others generally speaking is reserved for friends , its bad craic in my book to insult people you don't know well enough!

You repeatedly cherry pick things from peoples posts which support your position and you take things out of context

for example when I wrote

what use are schools, hospitals and churches when your killing millions in sectarian wars?

You replied with

What use are schools, hospitals and churches you aren’t being serious are you? Are you that ignorant of the society you live in today?

AS if to allude that I have no concept of the benefits of education and public health

You have repeatedly cherry picked parts of others posts which support your own and the trash the rest and then call ignorance on our part
you misrepresent our argument intentionally then add personal insults
everything about you screams logical fallacy !

From my initial post and others everything I stated is well documented, the only thing which was my own opinion
was the creation of monotheism to subjugate and destroy pagan cultures by the Roman empire.

I'll just continue to discuss the OP with other members and blatantly ignore you.

essentially I've only myself to blame I shouldn't entertain fools , I should have learned my lesson from the flat earth thread.

every day is a learning day.

edit on 14-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 14 2019 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Can someone please tell me where the 'unfriend' button is?

I can't find it in the top menu bar.

This thread reminds me why I dumped Facebook many many years ago.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Typical. So can anyone explain how God invented evolution? Without resorting to faith based logic.

posted on Feb, 15 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Creationism could only possibly makes sense if time is linear, which it is really not.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join