It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dyatlov pass case has been reopened-high strangeness at it's best

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Thank you to bring this back to ATS. This is probably my favorite mystery. Besides the physical blunt force traumas on some, one of the body of another team member was missing its tongue and eyes.

There is a 2013 movie with the same title The Dyatlov Pass Incident or later title The Devils Pass, and while we all aware it is a movie, I really liked the explanation on there, well as far as a movie go. If you have not seen that movie please stop reading now (spoiler alert)

In the movie they connected the Dyatlov Pass Incident to the 1943 Philadelphia Experiment which in my opinion was a pretty cool ending...
lol, ye those idiots, those bodies they found were from the future, that old lady was describing the bodies of the people she recognized when SHE was a kid, standing right in front of her.

The ending was terrible because they all get killed, but hey, temporal mechanics, it will happen again.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   
doesnt this say enough

body found on mountain of the dead

read the part , the Ortorten mountain , or " do not go there" named by the local mansi people

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I thought they found one of the pictures from a victims camera that shows a bigfoot next to a tree? I found the pic online but can't link from my phone?...of course I watched it in a documentary from fake T.V land?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Isnt it funny how the picture of the camp where the tent is shown all burst , there is an orb in the picture
and people had said in surrounding villages they had seen orange lights in the sky !

ORB on right

this guy thinks that they died due to the sound phenomenon that made them become delusional / hallucinatory and eventually died from Hypothermia , the others too !

Dyatalov Mystersy (solved* (*not likely))
However that doesnt explain the physical trauma and damage which researchers concluded was like being hit by a car!
the missing eyes and tongue of one of the woman , , no significant bloody trails and missing body parts were found
as if they were extracted

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I think they went up the mountain and stopped , they didn't retreat to the safety of the tree line below !
because they were observing something , why else would seasoned hikers risk staying up that mountain in those conditions unless compelled by something strong enough to risk the expedition ?

They stayed at their camp , observed and as a result lost their lives!

that previous link I posted where the guy claims its solved, he mentioned that many official reports and autopsies and medical files were lost or simply disappeared .

Seems awfully suspect

I think this is an alien contact cover up ! By the Soviet Union , and the aliens !

Anyway I love this story!

I was looking for Mansi stories and local myths in case they had a myth which explains this type of behaviour , maybe their people went missing once before too and in similar style

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Fascinating stuff.

Writers have bastardized the translation of Kholat Syakhl (Dead Mountain) to 'Mountain of the Dead" to make it sound weirder than it is--if that's even possible.

The local Mansi tribe called it Dead Mountain because vegetation and wildlife are scarce in that area. The name has nothing to do with dead critters of any type. The implication is that nothing grows there.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: TheTruthRocks

I noticed the pass also means , no game , or no herds !

and Gora Ortorten, doesnt mean do not go there , it means something else less sinister !

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

On 26 February, the searchers found the group's abandoned and badly damaged tent on Kholat Syakhl. The campsite baffled the search party. Mikhail Sharavin, the student who found the tent, said "the tent was half torn down and covered with snow. It was empty, and all the group's belongings and shoes had been left behind."[11] Investigators said the tent had been cut open from inside. Eight or nine sets of footprints, left by people who were wearing only socks or a single shoe or were even barefoot, could be followed, leading down towards the edge of a nearby woods, on the opposite side of the pass, 1.5 kilometres (0.93 mi) to the north-east. However, after 500 metres (1,600 ft) these tracks were covered with snow. At the forest's edge, under a large siberian pine (in popular parlance it is called "cedar"), the searchers found the visible remains of a small fire. There were the first two bodies, those of Krivonischenko and Doroshenko, shoeless and dressed only in their underwear. The branches on the tree were broken up to five metres high, suggesting that one of the skiers had climbed up to look for something, perhaps the camp. Between the pine and the camp the searchers found three more corpses: Dyatlov, Kolmogorova and Slobodin, who seemed to have died in poses suggesting that they were attempting to return to the tent.[11] They were found separately at distances of 300, 480 and 630 metres from the tree.

This is from Wiki
So they actually made it from the camp as far as 1500 meters. Had no time to put on proper clothes not even shoes. The last 4 were in a stable piece of mind to put extra layers of clothing on, not crazy or disoriented.

Searching for the remaining four travellers took more than two months. They were finally found on 4 May under four metres of snow in a ravine 75 metres further into the woods from the pine tree. These four were better dressed than the others, and there were signs that those who had died first had apparently relinquished their clothes to the others. Zolotaryov was wearing Dubinina's faux fur coat and hat, while Dubinina's foot was wrapped in a piece of Krivonishenko's wool trousers.

edit on 5-2-2019 by szino9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Maybe they all had a bad "trip." Did they (I don't know what the capabilities were in 1959) test the bodies for ingested substances?
edit on 5-2-2019 by KansasGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

According to the official state story the documents were all lost !

the medical reports and investigations carried out by the military were lost

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

to me it seems as though they went up there, stayed to observe whatever phenomenon they found there
and then some of them lost their minds and fled , the rest went after them hence their distance from the camp
and some were killed by hypothermia looking for the crazy ones!
and a couple of them had a close encounter hence the impact damage! broken ribs , and skull fractures

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 09:44 AM
link   

close encounter with what? That is the question

If I could, I would love to go there to look around, but three small things are stopping me.

I wouldn't know what Im doing, I have absolutely no recourses nor time, and the third most important thing, I would be scared #less over there...

Yeah that's pretty much covers it

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9

close encounter with what? That is the question

If I could, I would love to go there to look around, but three small things are stopping me.

I wouldn't know what Im doing, I have absolutely no recourses nor time, and the third most important thing, I would be scared #less over there...

Yeah that's pretty much covers it
well you could get some like minded people "safety in numbers"
and go there on an expedition and record everything you see and do !

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 10:21 AM
link   
This is certainly a weird one and i can't see it ever being explained, but i wish we could know what the hell happened.

No, i would not go near the place, not for all the tea in China!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I've always been captivated by this story too. Has anyone read A Compelling Unknown Force, a book written in, I think, 2014 about this case? I won't ruin it for anyone that wants to check it out, just to say that the theory presented in that book is the most likely scenario I've heard to explain it.
edit on 2/5/2019 by wtbengineer because: Had an accidental emoji

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: wtbengineer

could you ruin it for me in a PM please? Just the main points.

Thank you

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:27 AM
link   
So I'm going with Bigfoot.
I thought there was a last entry
in one of their journals
Something like
"The SnowMan is real"
didn't they have picture
of some bi-ped stalking them as well..

Anyhow this Dood
Bob Gymlan makes a very logical and compelling case

www.youtube.com...

for whatever reason video won't embed

edit on 2/5/2019 by spoonbender because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Could it have been a Woolly Mammoth attack? Allegedly there is a short film of one taken in 1943 by Soviets on a train.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Great thread!
This is one of those events that will probably remain unsolved because of several reasons like the age and the limit of the investigation at the time and then loss of the reports in the following years.
There have been lots of theories from the mundane avalanche, an ill prepared trek, to UFOs, "bigfoot" type creatures, the Mansi people killing them, infra sound, and nuclear testing in the area.
This is one of those mystery's that gets you thinking and wondering and the reason lots of us came to ATS looking for like minded people to discuss this stuff.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Sent.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join