It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dyatlov pass case has been reopened-high strangeness at it's best

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+46 more 
posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Top of the morning, noon, or night fellow members, I wish there was a mystery forum because i had no idea where to place this.

Many ATS veterans would know about the Dyatlov pass incident, for those who don't know it's a most intriguing mystery. Let's begin...

In 1959 a group of student hikers hoping to attain a higher ranking went to the Ural mountains, so in sub zero temperatures they left on their journey...and never returned. Three weeks later a search party found them, dead in unusual circumstances. Most of hypothermia, however some died of blunt trauma, and many if not all the party were dressed in their underwear, which seems odd given it was cold enough to freeze the balls off a brass monkey, another interesting tidbit is that one hiker had cut their way out of a tent, and some bodies were found hundreds of yards away from the campsite.

Now to me that suggests that they might have been fleeing in fear, but from what? the internet stepped in and suggested everything from Aliens, Bigfoot, Russian tests, tribesmen, the list goes on. However the case was closed, yet forty years later the case has been reopened, and this is what a representative had to say.

“According to the decree on the termination of the criminal case of May 28, 1959, the official cause of death is the elemental force that the tourist group could not overcome. That's all (what ended the investigation, TASS note),” Kurennoy said. “But the number of versions which today is put forward both by experts and simply by interested people, comes to 75. And even the most odious are contained there - such as alien intervention or other-worldly ".

But before you don your tin foils hats, It gets better.

"Between March 10-20, employees of the Sverdlovsk Region Prosecutor's Office will fly to the site of the incident together with geodesy experts and employees of the Emergencies Ministry," Kurennoy said, as broadcast by video service Efir.

Geodesy experts? surely that isn't a real-oh crap

Geoscience Australia monitors the horizontal and vertical motion of the Australian landmass and contributes data to the global scientific effort to monitor the Earth's changing shape and motion. This data provides a uniform, accurate basis for all spatial data in Australia and its offshore territories.

Geoscience Australia operates satellite laser ranging stations at Mt Stromlo in the Australian Capital Territory and Yarragadee in Western Australia. Ranked among the best in the world, these stations measure precise distances to satellites by timing the reflected flight of laser beam pulses. These precise measurements allow Geoscience Australia to calculate precise orbits for artificial satellites to monitor the Earth's gravity field and measure the oscillation of the Earth about its axis.

and down the rabbit hole we go....

What were they hoping to achieve? my spidey sense is tingling, I love to throw out a question or two so what do you think?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Thank you to bring this back to ATS. This is probably my favorite mystery. Besides the physical blunt force traumas on some, one of the body of another team member was missing its tongue and eyes.

There is a 2013 movie with the same title The Dyatlov Pass Incident or later title The Devils Pass, and while we all aware it is a movie, I really liked the explanation on there, well as far as a movie go. If you have not seen that movie please stop reading now (spoiler alert)

In the movie they connected the Dyatlov Pass Incident to the 1943 Philadelphia Experiment which in my opinion was a pretty cool ending...

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Since I first heard about this , watched the specials , and saw the movie Devil's Pass , this is my favorite of all mysteries/conspiracies.

And , thanks to your link , I have found a horror PC game called "Kholat" about The Dyatlov Pass case
Buying now.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:17 AM
link   

This is a really interesting case, lots of theory’s floating around. One really interesting one was that wind being funneled around mountain tops created a low frequency sound that had an extreamly disorienting effect on the campers. I can’t remember what they called the phenomenon but it does have a name.

A podcast called Those Conspiracy Guys did an episode on this for anyone looking to learn more.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I heard that theory and it could make sense. They all, or some of them got crazy which would explain the blunt force trauma, even maybe the mutilation. However, if I remember correctly there was no signs of struggle, apart from the tent's back wall being cut from the inside, or any blood that craziness would come with? They were pretty much running away from something when they died. Also only 3 died of fatal injuries the other 6 died of hypothermia.

Investigators also stated that the fatal injuries of the three bodies could not have been caused by another human being, "because the force of the blows had been too strong and no soft tissue had been damaged".

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:54 AM
link   

yeah, that is a strange one. saw some docus but its still a mystery and i think it will stay one.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Geodesy is most interesting to me with respect to this case. We run on electric currents throughout our bodies, which are sensitive to changing magnetics. Possibly there is a localised anomaly in the region that messes with people's perceptions?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:53 AM
link   

This is an interesting case, I remember reading about it years ago.

As for the term “Geodesy”, I think you may be reading a bit too much into it, they’re talking about surveyors, specifically, GPS and mapping.

Further, they’re talking about exhuming the bodies.

"If it is necessary to exhume the bodies of the members of the Dyatlov group, they will work with their relatives to obtain their consent," Kuryakov said.

tech2.org...

And more info, although badly translated..

tech2.org...

edit on 5/2/19 by Chadwickus because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:02 AM
link   

As usual with such mysterious cases, there is very little factual information available, but plenty of hearsay.

This leaves a lot of room for people to let their imagination run wild. As can be seen in this and other threads about mysterious incidents.

Not very productive, but entertaining I guess.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: szino9

Agreed, it is one of the great mysteries.

One egghead says it's an avalanche? that doesn't explain the recently extinguished campfire. According to some reports-bogus or not-there were elevated levels of radiation. Don't shoot the messenger.

As for what happened, I do not know, but the involvement of this 'geodesy' raised my eyebrows.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
Since I first heard about this , watched the specials , and saw the movie Devil's Pass , this is my favorite of all mysteries/conspiracies.

And , thanks to your link , I have found a horror PC game called "Kholat" about The Dyatlov Pass case
Buying now.

I saw that on the xbox store just the other day. Definitely going to check it out.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

The investigators did find some level of radiation on some of the victim's clothing and in their hair. But because it was not on all of them it was inconclusive. Also they have theorized that the cause of radiation in the hair could have been due to mummification.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

Buying now.

I saw that on the xbox store just the other day. Definitely going to check it out.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
a reply to: Quantumgamer1776

I heard that theory and it could make sense. They all, or some of them got crazy which would explain the blunt force trauma, even maybe the mutilation. However, if I remember correctly there was no signs of struggle, apart from the tent's back wall being cut from the inside, or any blood that craziness would come with? They were pretty much running away from something when they died. Also only 3 died of fatal injuries the other 6 died of hypothermia.

Investigators also stated that the fatal injuries of the three bodies could not have been caused by another human being, "because the force of the blows had been too strong and no soft tissue had been damaged".

Those are also interesting points, lack of soft tissue damage may be explainable, but still...then there is the 'cow mutilation' of at least one of the hikers but not all. Carrion predators? not sure with the local wildlife but as you and I have said, they were running from something, a fellow hiker who got cabin fever maybe, who knows.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

I personally don't think this was an animal attack. Missing only a tongue and eyes, some facial tissue and a piece of the skull from only one body, does not indicate a predator in my opinion. I would think once a predator finds this kind of food source, it would return to it until its gone? Also if it was a wild animal, it surely would leave some horrible injuries on the body. But, like you I don't know the local wildlife either.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Quantumgamer1776

This is a really interesting case, lots of theory’s floating around. One really interesting one was that wind being funneled around mountain tops created a low frequency sound that had an extreamly disorienting effect on the campers. I can’t remember what they called the phenomenon but it does have a name.

A podcast called Those Conspiracy Guys did an episode on this for anyone looking to learn more.

I believe it's called infrasound, a frequency the human hear can't process, it's like the so called dog whistle, blow one and you won't hear a thing, but it will drive dogs crazy, then you have Tinnitus, but the odds of all of the hikers suffering from that is too high for me to calculate.

Still it's a good theory.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   

I always liked this case and that the phsyical damage to the bodies was not consistent with the data and that things had been pushed from the inside of the tents to the outside
all lots of mad evidence and completely strange goings on!

There was semi decent film about the dyatalov pass I cant remember the name of the film
it was about a secret soviet genetics facility in the mountain near the pass.

Who knows what was going on there !

The place looks really beautiful on google maps ! , Ive always found these massiv expanses of the Russian federation really interesting , if not for the Domes of Siberia then the Pass incident to Tunguska !

edit on 5-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Have hear that in the late stages of hypothermia it is possible for the victim to feel hot, and remove their clothing. If the person / body does know its stuffed, may as well get it over with. Don't have much to say about the other stuff except how does one conclude that a tent was cut from the inside? Not much to cutting open a tent.

There is always a reason and the other injuries do tell a story. Sounds messed up whatever it is.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: kwakakev

Id imagine that much the same way we can tell if something was punctured from the outside or the inside !

the initial tears. fractures in the material will start from the inside rather than the outside the forensics of textile damage!

Like when you cut something you can see where the sharp edge was and what way it was facing where the cutting / tearing / shearing occurs !
especially in textiles as the threads normally expand outwards from the initial cut

edit on 5-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Got to admit though this has been associated with everything from UFO's to Paranormal activity I actually wonder if this was actually a band of thug's they were happened upon, we have no idea what forensic techniques if any the soviets really used on the body's and if those body's had been preserved what new DNA evidence might be found today from the female body's for example, the strange injury's could have happened post mortem with animal's such as bird's eating there eye's.
Sound's like they were held undressed in only there underwear by someone with a sadistic streak.

It is possible that there murderers or some of them may still be alive today but if so they are likely very elderly men by now.

Of course someone will always blame the alien's for it or paranormal being's.
Murder plain and simply, a number of potential motives for it, tribal has already been suggested, hunters or trappers wanting to amuse themselves with the young woman perhaps - think the Russian version of Deliverance.

Anyway God rest there soul's and I hope that something bring's some closure to there surviving relative's.

edit on 5-2-2019 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join