It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dyatlov pass case has been reopened-high strangeness at it's best

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:46 AM
link   
This YouTuber (Lemmino, see link below) did extensive research into the case and I would confidently say 99% solved what happened. Nothing paranormal sadly, just human nature and bad luck.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: fleabit

I believe you misread the wiki a bit for the German 1,000kg parachute mine windows could be blown out in a mile radius from the blast site not houses leveled that area of effect was 110 meters. Also why drop the ordinance in such a remote area with no targets or instrumentation to measure the effects of the testing? Seems pointless to be dropping that kind of ordinance in the middle of nowhere for giggles. Also think of how many would have had to have been dropped to effect a 1,500 meter spread between some of the bodies? Doesn’t add up to me personally.

These mines were attached to parachutes to act as blast bombs; when detonated at roof level rather than on impact the aerodynamic effects of their blast were maximised. Instead of the shock waves from the explosion being cushioned by surrounding buildings, they could reach a wider area, with the potential to destroy a whole street of houses in a 110 yd (100 m) radius and windows being blown in up to a mile away.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 04:47 AM
link   
there would be evidence of shrapnel if some form of bomb was detonated I would guess?

the radioactivity is puzzling and the report omits the type of isotope involved so perhaps they were using mantle-type lanterns and became contaminated through handling.

f

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: RedEyes619
This YouTuber (Lemmino, see link below) did extensive research into the case and I would confidently say 99% solved what happened. Nothing paranormal sadly, just human nature and bad luck.

www.youtube.com...

This sounds plausible to me.

The fact that they cut out of the tent and once out were walking away, confirms there was nothing in the tent that could chase them. A fire inside the tent would make perfect sense. That is also why they would have headed for the trees and prefectly explains why some were not fully dressed for outside temperatures. Inside the tent would have been warm - they had a stove in there (which was also the source of the fire).

3 of them fell when walking on the dark, probably gathering wood, the others froze to death.

edit on 7/2/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: fakedirt
there would be evidence of shrapnel if some form of bomb was detonated I would guess?

the radioactivity is puzzling and the report omits the type of isotope involved so perhaps they were using mantle-type lanterns and became contaminated through handling.

f

The report files show that the radioactivity was from Beta Partcles on their clothing .

The thing that is puzzling , is that even after the incident and after testing in the lab , after washing the clothes to determine further properties , they had washed away the radioactive particles and tested again and found that after washing for 30 minutes in water the radiation was still higher than what a normal person working with radioactive materials would be at a nuclear plant. Also take into consideration the bodies were found in running water , so 26 days they were missing , how strong must have the source of radiation been to still give such high readings after this length of time and half life decay!

Here is the report

Radiological Analysis Report

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:15 AM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

The two people who had radioactive material on their clothes worked at facilities that handled radioactive materials. That would seem to me to be the explanation.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:19 AM
link   
What I find interesting is , that the group were following Mansi trails , and the mansi are known for writing marks on trees to notify specific trails etc !

these were documented by the dyatlov group !

as identified here

camera-krivonischenko

it is also mentioned in other reports and testimony , that someone had been told by an elderly mansi that the golden woman of urga Idol was being protected by the Mansi group and they had hidden it on a island in the marshes ,a nd it was marked by a line with two arrows !

maybe the group stumbled onto this island by accident and suffered the consequences of a powerful spiritual idol and its protectors !

Another interesting fact is that one of the groups cameras is completely missing , and has been stolen by an unknown person
edit on 7-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

As far as I am aware none of the group had been in contact with any radioactive materials before the trip or during !

the additional questions to the subject matter expert tasked with the examination was asked additional questions.

Sheet 375 ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS TO THE EXPERT:

Should there be (can it be) increased contamination of clothing with radioactive substances under normal conditions, i.e. without being in a radioactively contaminated environment or place?

Answer: Definitely not.

Was there any contamination of the objects you are researching?

Answer: As stated in the conclusion, there is a contamination of radioactive substances (substance) by the beta emitters of individual, selectable areas of clothing, sent samples.
Thus, for example, the cut from №4 - the brown sweater at the time of the study had 9900 beta-particles decays per minute at 150 cm2, and after washing (for 3 hours in our room), he gave 5,200 decays per minute of beta particles with 150 cm2. For example, according to the sanitary rules that exist in our country, the contamination in beta particles from 150 square centimeters per minute should not exceed 5000 cleavages (washing), and after cleaning (washing) there should be a natural background, e. as much as it gives cosmic radiation to all people and all objects in a given locality, this is the norm for workers with radioactive substances.
Piece from №1 - the waistband of the sweater shows up to wash 5600 decays, and after washing - 2700. The bottom of the trousers from №1 shows 5000 decays before washing and 2600 after washing.

In your data it is indicated that all these objects were in the flowing water for a long time before the study, i.e. have already been washed. Is it possible to consider that this clothing is contaminated with radioactive dust?

Answer: Yes, clothes are contaminated or radioactive dust dropped from the atmosphere, or this garment has been exposed to contamination when working with radioactive substances, or on contact. This pollution exceeds, as I have already indicated, the norm for persons working with radioactive substances.

What do you think, what could be the degree of contamination of individual objects, if you take into account that prior to research they had been in the running water for about 15 days.

Answer: It can be assumed that the contamination of individual garments was many times greater, but here one must take into account that clothes could be washed unevenly, that is, with varying degrees of intensity

So effectively the contamination from the Beta particles even after 15 days of washing in a stream where the bodies were found , were still found to have a higher than average level of beta particle contamination than people who were working in a facility with radioactive elements and is safer than normal background levels

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 06:59 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Also given the length of time from leaving their Polytechnical college to go on the expedition , the radioactive decay of any of the materials they would have used would have meant the radiation contamination if they had any would have fallen below safe levels before even getting onto the mountain!

they were due to start on the 28th Jan and return to the village of Vishany on the 12th Feb

looks like they left on the 24th January to head for Vishnay

January 24, 1959 Last night, about 9-00 we boarded the train №43.
At last. There is 10 of us. Bienko Slavik did not go, they did not let him. We are going with a Blinov group. Fun. Songs. Around 8 am we arrived in Serov. We were not allowed to stay on the train station, the train to Ivdel is at 6-30 pm.

We are looking for a room. We are trying to get into the club (to the right of the dining room of the station) and school, but fail. Finally he (? not sure about the identity) finds school number 41 (about 200 meters from the train station), where we were very well received.

That seems to be more than enough time to reduce any radioactive contamination they would have received at the polytechnical to reduce by half life below safe levels before even reaching Vizhay!
Beta particles decay at 10.5 minutes half life

So we could back calculate the average dosage they received when the contamination occurred !
Couldnt we use this information to determine as close as possible the isotope responsible for the high dosage of radiation they received ?

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 01:21 PM
link   

perhaps these are possible candidates;

copper-62 9.7 minutes
mercury-210 10 minutes
mercury-206 beta emitter 10 mins
nitrogen-13 9.9 minutes

just a drive by grab btw.
f

edit on 7-2-2019 by fakedirt because: the list

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 02:27 PM
link   
a reply to: fakedirt

Yeh man this is what Im talking about
, excellent , we can do the maths if anyone is good enough with half life and activity calculations to determine the correct isotope its more clues as to what could have happened.

Now that we are talking nuclear isotopes we can try and find out what that source could have been ! nuclear fuel for weapons is pretty specific.

There are other comments about Missle tests from a town called Serov in the south about 100Km from Chistop mountain and 248Km from Kholat!

other expedition groups said they had seen missles or artillery being fired from the area.
Was it a nuclear artillery test gone wrong ?
Did the Soviets use nucealr parachute mines ? was that a piece of ordnance they have tested elsewhere?

Or was it something more supernatural according to the Mansi aka Vogul legends of the Golden woman of Ogra
it;s a poweful idol !

I've decided im going with Nuclear artillery test gone wrong , and Mansi Mansi Mansi !

Sheet 27 7.
30 January 1959 Diary is written in the cold on the go.

Today is a third cold night on the bank of Auspiya river. We are getting used to it. The stove does a great job. Some of us (Thibeaux and Krivonischenko) think we need to build steam heat in the ten. The curtains in the tent are quite justified. We get up at 8:30am. After breakfast we walk along the Auspiya river, but the ice again doesn't allow us to move forward.

We went on the bank on a sledge-deer trail. In the middle of the road the saw Mansi shed. Yes, Mansi, Mansi, Mansi. This word comes up more and more often in our conversations. Mansi are people of the North. Small Hanti-Mansijskiy nation located in Salehard with 8 thousand population. Very interesting and unique people that inhabit the North Polar Urals, close to the Tyumen region. They have a written language, and leave characteristic signs on forest trees.
emboldened text my emphasis for the post

Also and in third place a hoax gone wrong ! (well just adding emphasis that the group certainly had a sense of humour but note the specific mention of the yeti !

TRANSCRIPT OF DYATLOV GROUP COMBAT LEAFLET "

EVENING OTORTEN " №1: February 1, 1959 "Hibina" syndicated trade union publication
Editorial GREETING THE XXI CONVENTION OF INCREASED BIRTHRATE AMONG TOURISTS!
PHILOSOPHICAL SEMINAR on the topic of "Love and tourism" takes place daily on the tent premises (central hall). Lectures are given by Dr. Thibeaux and postdoctorate of Love science Dubinina.

Armenian Quiz Can 9 tourists get by with one stove and a blanket?

S C I E N C E In recent years there has been a heated debate about the existence of Yeti. According to recent reports, Yeti lives in the Northern Urals, near Otorten mountains.

TECHNICAL NEWS. Tourist sledge. Good while riding on the train, by car and on horseback. Not recommended for freight transportation on snow. For further information contact Chief constructor com.Kolevatov.

S P O R T A team of radio technicians including comrades Doroshenko and Kolmogorova set a new world record for portable stove assembly - 1 hour 02 min. 27.4 sec.

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Pu 238 decays to U 234 and Hg Mercury 206.

U 234 also decays to Hg Mercury 206.

Thorium 230 also decays into Radium 226 AND Mercury 206.

possible candidates?

regards f.

must walk wolf!

edit on 7-2-2019 by fakedirt because: hand warmers

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Nuggets of golden information my friend , thankyou!
we can start there at least

posted on Feb, 7 2019 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I met a man from Minnesota that told me a story about a mother and daughter who froze to death in a broke down car in - 50 F temps in Minnesota.

They were in a blizzard and obviously couldn't just get out and start walking in those temps.
So they sat there and I'm guessing this is pre cell phone days but the snow plow came by once in a while and finally covered them completely up to where the car disapeared into the snow berm left by the snow plow.

They were found dead days later and the strangest thing, they had removed all their clothes as hypothermia set in and had clawed at different things possibly their own skin until they had ripped their finger nails from their fingers.

Apparently it is characteristic of hypothermia sufferers to rip off clothes as they slowly freeze to death.

edit on 7-2-2019 by Trucker1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 8 2019 @ 03:40 AM
link   

hello sapien,
we can rule out radioisotopic thermoelectric generators as a source of river/stream contamination as the ruskies started development in 1960 onwards using strontium 90 as power source.
f

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 06:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: RedEyes619

www.youtube.com...

This sounds plausible to me.

The fact that they cut out of the tent and once out were walking away, confirms there was nothing in the tent that could chase them. A fire inside the tent would make perfect sense. That is also why they would have headed for the trees and prefectly explains why some were not fully dressed for outside temperatures. Inside the tent would have been warm - they had a stove in there (which was also the source of the fire).

3 of them fell when walking on the dark, probably gathering wood, the others froze to death.

Quite frankly, I find it a completely absurd theory. Think about it, you are an experienced camper with a bunch of mates - and I assume a pair of cojones between your legs.

It is freezing outside, snow all around. A small fire erupts, in your tent. Small enough not to leave burn evidence only fill the tent with smoke.

Your solution? Cut your way out of the tent, perhaps you are blinded, fair enough.

But then run away a half mile to a mile? That literally makes zero sense. Zero. Would not happen. People mention walking away evidence by footprints away from the tent, not running or escaping

That makes sense, because that is what a bunch of mates would do in such a situation, walk out of the tent, stand back about 10 freaking yards, turn around and watch while praying the tent lives!! There is snow everywhere, unless you are a freaking scared baby kitten you are going to stop turn around and watch if your shelter burns or not.

If it does not burn, you would return to it. You would not go running off naked into the woods like a psychopath, with a gauruntee of no shelter. That literally makes zero sense. A few minutes outside of the tent to verify it was not on fire is not enough to then make the entire group descend into madness imo.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:14 AM
link   
This case is one of my all time favorite of high strangeness. I have spent alot of time reading through all the witness reports and I do not believe the Mansi had anything to do with it all. There are many reports from Russians about the Mansi and they all pretty much say they would not have done it. But, I'm going to post some witness testimony that I personally find very interesting, enjoy.

Prodanov, Vishnevskiy, 31.03.59, at 9.30 local time.
31.3 04oo Meshcheryakov who was on watch noticed in the southeast direction a large fire ring, which for 20 minutes moved towards us, hiding behind height 880.
Before hiding behind the horizon from the center of the ring appeared a star, which gradually increased to the size of the moon, began to fall down separating from the ring.
This unusual phenomenon was observed by all the personnel raised in alarm.We ask you to explain this phenomenon and if it is safe, since under the circumstances it left us with anxiety.

To the Chief of the Ivdel Police Station 17. II. 59, 6 h. 50 m. local time in the sky appeared not unnatural phenomenon. Moving star with a tail. The tail looked like dense cirrus clouds. Then the star was freed from the tail, became brighter than the stars and flew away. It gradually began to swell, forming a large ball, enveloped in a haze. Then inside this ball the star caught fire, from which first a crescent was formed, then a small ball formed, not so bright. The big ball gradually
began to fade, became like a blurry spot. At 7 h. 05 m. it disappeared altogether. A star moved from the south to the northeast.
Meteorological technician Tokareva
Chief GMS Piguzova

The witness testified: On February 17, 1959, at 6:40 in the morning, while on duty on the south side, a ball of bright white light appeared that periodically enveloped in cloud white dense fog inside this cloud was a bright-luminous point the size of a star. Moving towards the north direction the ball was visible for 8-10 minutes.

On February 17, 1959, at 6 o'clock (illegible) minutes of the morning, I was on duty.
At this time, from the south side, appeared a ball of large sizes, enveloped in white fog. The big circle. When moving across the sky, the ball then increased, then decreased its brightness. With a decrease, the ball hid in a white fog and only a luminous dot could be seen through this fog. Periodically the luminous point increased its brightness, increasing also in size. With increasing brightness, the luminous point, which took the form of a sphere, it seemed to push the fog (unintelligible), while at the same time increasing its density along the edges, and then hiding itself in the fog. The impression was created that the ball itself radiated this (inaudible) fog, which formed the shape of a circle around (inaudible). The ball moved very slowly and at high altitude. This ball was visible for ten minutes, and then disappeared in the north, as if melted away. That's all I saw.

on February 1 north of the location of these groups: the extremely bright glow of some kind of rocket or projectile. The glow was so strong, that some of the tourists that were already inside the tent and getting ready to go to sleep, were alarmed by this glow, went out of the tent and observed this phenomenon. After a while they heard a sound like a strong thunder from far away. I don't know the names of those who said that, because I have never seen them before and I don’t know them, but obviously the students who saw and heard this light and sound phenomenon can be tracked, as there were several people, and it was not difficult to determine which groups were in the North at that time. The students said that they had observed a similar phenomenon twice: on the first and the seventh of February 1959.

I jumped out of the sleeping bag and ran out of the tent without shoes in some woolen socks and, standing on the branches, saw a large bright spot. It grew. In the center of it appeared a small star, which also began to increase. This spot moved from the northeast to the southwest and fell to the ground. Then it disappeared behind the mount and the forest, leaving a bright strip in the sky.

At 6:55 of local time yesterday, in the east-southeast, at an altitude of 20 degrees from the horizon, a glowing ball appeared the size of the apparent diameter of the moon. The ball moved towards the northeast. At 7:00 a flash appeared inside it, and the very bright core of the ball became visible. It began to glow more intensively, and was enshroud in a luminous cloud, enlongated toward the south. The cloud spread to the whole eastern part of the sky. Shortly thereafter, a second outbreak occurred, it looked like a sickle of the Moon. Gradually, the cloud increased, in the center there remained a luminous point (the luminescence was variable in magnitude). The ball moved in the direction northeast-east. The greatest height above the horizon 30 degrees was reached at about 7:05. Continuing the movement, this unusual celestial phenomenon faded and fell apart.Thinking that it was somehow connected with the satellite, I turned on the receiver, but there was no signal reception.

And there are many, many more. So it obvious there was something in the sky on multiple dates. I tend to lean toward an explosion of some sort but there was no evidence of burns or shrapnel. It could also have been a UFO. That is what I find so interesting about this case. There are so many possible explanations but at the same time none of them seem to fit.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: 772STi
hello 772sti
I am attempting to rule out a radiological cause to this incident. can you confirm (if you can) that the pass wasn't within the fallout zone from the 56 mayak (cheb-40) explosion/accident. I am aware of ionised air pockets that have the capacity to linger under certain topological and environmental conditions, anyway that's where my mind is currently positioned.
regards f.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Yea no problem, give me a little bit.

posted on Feb, 9 2019 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Ok, here is a picture of the fallout zone/area per Wiki. Dyatlov Pass is located in the Oblast Swerdlowsk area just North West of the main fallout area. It definitely looks like radiation could have made it into the water supply at the pass. That could possibly explain the radiation on the clothing of the 2 found in the River bed. Food for thought.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join