It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dyatlov pass case has been reopened-high strangeness at it's best

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I think they fell victim to a parachute mine exercise. To me it explains why highly experienced hikers/skiers would flee their tent in the manner they did. They were shell shocked and disoriented.

It also explains their massive internal injuries with little on the outside, the concussive force of the mines. Afterward I believe scavengers were on the scene, that would explain the missing eyes and tongue, many animals start there, especially birds.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Schmoe1

would a parachute mine account for the missing radioactive source?
also wouldnt there be lots of shrapnel evidence ? if it was covered up collecting all the shrapnel from the mine would have been impossible and so there would be evidence still buried up there from the mine

also the pass and mountain are literally "dead mountain / no life " and "pass with no game" so I'd be inclined to rule out the whole bird thing , and there was only one corpse with missing eyes and tongue , wouldnt the carrion have picked them all clean? . If they had been carrion then the reports would have shown this!

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: sapien82

I'm not saying it was aliens.....

But it was aliens.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: sapien82

also wouldnt there be lots of shrapnel evidence ? if it was covered up collecting all the shrapnel from the mine would have been impossible and so there would be evidence still buried up there from the mine

also the pass and mountain are literally "dead mountain / no life " and "pass with no game" so I'd be inclined to rule out the whole bird thing , and there was only one corpse with missing eyes and tongue , wouldnt the carrion have picked them all clean? . If they had been carrion then the reports would have shown this!

There were large deposits of scrap metal in the area, which is why people were thinking there were military tests. I could easily see that parachute mines may well have lights attached to them, accounting for the slow moving lights. There were lights seen on many nights prior in fact - could have been ongoing military testing of those aerial mines.

Also several of them had burns or burned clothes - which could be the result of explosives. Disorientation, blunt force trauma (those mines could level houses up to a mile away - perhaps test mines were smaller), fleeing because they felt they were under attack - I could easily see this being a military exercise. And this was an area known for military testing as well.

The stove they were using was apparently hand made, and contained enough radioactive material to create the positive reading on radiation.

Some predator action, the orange and grey hair can be attributed to hypothermia.

Imo the only explanation that makes sense is the parachute mines. After the fact, the military closed the case quickly, was at the coroners for hours, and made the funerals are very difficult affair - they clearly didn't want people there, for it to be public. I can only think they were trying hard to cover something up. While they might try to cover up something odd, they definitely would have covered up something caused by the military. Otherwise they would have just blamed the elements and not involved themselves further.

Last - other explanations don't make any sense because they all have holes in them. Avalanche - no real evidence. Animal or other attack - no other footprints (although they were not too careful when investigating), and I think for certain you'd have seen soft tissue damage. I guess with aliens anything would be possible, but would certainly be an odd attack.

The aerial mines just seem to fit the bill. If close enough to one going off, it could have caused burns, confusion, panic, internal damage (but not external), testing of that sort was done in that area, glowing lights in the sky... it's the only explanation I can think of, that can account for pretty much all the weirdness. Why they would flee leaving clothes behind (thinking they were under attack). When the mines were done, they tried to go back, no luck.. some took clothes from the deceased party to try and survive the night (and made a pit with covered branches), but not enough to protect them from the frigid weather.
edit on 5-2-2019 by fleabit because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: fleabit
I like your take on this, but.... how does the single body mutilation fits in it?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: sapien82

There were large deposits of scrap metal in the area, which is why people were thinking there were military tests. I could easily see that parachute mines may well have lights attached to them, accounting for the slow moving lights. There were lights seen on many nights prior in fact - could have been ongoing military testing of those aerial mines.

Also several of them had burns or burned clothes - which could be the result of explosives. Disorientation, blunt force trauma (those mines could level houses up to a mile away - perhaps test mines were smaller), fleeing because they felt they were under attack - I could easily see this being a military exercise. And this was an area known for military testing as well.

The stove they were using was apparently hand made, and contained enough radioactive material to create the positive reading on radiation.

Some predator action, the orange and grey hair can be attributed to hypothermia.

Imo the only explanation that makes sense is the parachute mines. After the fact, the military closed the case quickly, was at the coroners for hours, and made the funerals are very difficult affair - they clearly didn't want people there, for it to be public. I can only think they were trying hard to cover something up. While they might try to cover up something odd, they definitely would have covered up something caused by the military. Otherwise they would have just blamed the elements and not involved themselves further.

Last - other explanations don't make any sense because they all have holes in them. Avalanche - no real evidence. Animal or other attack - no other footprints (although they were not too careful when investigating), and I think for certain you'd have seen soft tissue damage. I guess with aliens anything would be possible, but would certainly be an odd attack.

The aerial mines just seem to fit the bill. If close enough to one going off, it could have caused burns, confusion, panic, internal damage (but not external), testing of that sort was done in that area, glowing lights in the sky... it's the only explanation I can think of, that can account for pretty much all the weirdness. Why they would flee leaving clothes behind (thinking they were under attack). When the mines were done, they tried to go back, no luck.. some took clothes from the deceased party to try and survive the night (and made a pit with covered branches), but not enough to protect them from the frigid weather.

Astonishing Legends’ podcast did a great episode in this.
One thing that sticks out to me is that there was evidence that 2 of them made it to a tree and attempted to start a fire and possibly climb the tree.
Also, the inside of the tent was as they had left it. So if the only damage to the tent itself was the new torn opening why would survivors just take random clothes from the dead and not try and re-establish their camp/tent?

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Some links to articles on this.

This one ... has some photo's related to this. WARNING - there are some photo's of the bodies so be aware in case it's offensive to you.

Forbes on it. Includes some video's.

CNN on it.

Snopes has some interesting links in their article.

This one has a lot on the investigation but you will need to use Google Translate.

I'm glad to see this one resurfacing.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: szino9
a reply to: fleabit
I like your take on this, but.... how does the single body mutilation fits in it?

I think that the damage to hands and inside of thighs was done by the guys trying to get branches for their fire to try and survive until morning. They found flesh / blood on the tree as well. I'm not sure of the extent of damage an aerial mine could do (and I imagine how close they were to detonating mines would matter), but perhaps it caused additional damage. The soft tissues of eyes easily could have been local birds or predators. Damaged nose for the girl, no idea.

I just think people / yeti / po'd bear would do a lot more visible damage externally. So I highly doubt an animal attack. The very rare low frequency noise freaking them out is a possibility I guess, but I still think the burns on them had something to do with the event. Supposedly a few fell into a ravine, which could cause damage as well.

I just can't think of another scenario that would cause the damage, burns, and reaction of those in camp. Bombs and explosions I'd think would cause people to flee their tent with little clothes on. A suspected avalanche (even if there wasn't one, which I am fairly positive there was not) - they'd have known in moments. And go back into their tents. If they felt they were directly under attack, I could imagine them running as fast and far as they could.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   

So if the only damage to the tent itself was the new torn opening why would survivors just take random clothes from the dead and not try and re-establish their camp/tent?

Well they only reasons they would not go back imo would be either they felt their camp was still under attack (or could be attacked again), or after they ran from whatever made them flee, it was snowing and pitch black (no moon), and they couldn't find their way back. So that was the only next alternative. They ran downhill, towards the treeline. Which means probably were not thinking avalanche. And trees = cover and some protection from the wind.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Nine people died in one of the deadliest environments imaginable. Decades later we still tell ourselves that some imaginary force killed them.

They were in a place, where unexplained death, was in the cards. Whoopsie, they drew it.
edit on 5-2-2019 by Archivalist because: Missed a v

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 04:41 PM
link   
dyatlov.looo.ch...

That site has some photos i have never seen from film strip.

dyatlov.looo.ch...

In 2009 researchers Aleksei Koskin and Yuri Kuntsevich gained access to the archives of the late Prosecutor Ivanov. Six film strips* of the trip provided a grasp of what exactly Ivanov implied by the “key materials”. As it has turned out, the frame with the installation of the tent – previously considered to be the last photo of the “Dyatlovs”, – is followed by another image: a foggy light* source is moving, or rather burning, against the pitch-dark background.

dyatlov.looo.ch...
looks creepy. like something is watching them

dyatlov.looo.ch...
Same thing? or blue-man group?

The radiation is interesting.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:34 PM
link   
www.instagram.com... told my buddy about the reopining of the case he claims his buddy on instagram made a diorama explaining it checking it out now but figured some memebers would be interested in checking it out starts on 9th photo down from top but unsure aobut actual order but again may be entertaining for some members

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 05:53 PM
link   
What timing! I was just playing the just released game called Kholat which is based on this incident.

Pretty scary and surreal game.

This story has always interested me.

My favorite explanation? Demonic possession of one of the hikers. They were all fleeing one of themselves.

edit on 5-2-2019 by poncho1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I read about the parachute mine theory and it's also the theory I subscribe to. As soon as I read about the bad internal injuries with little sign of external damage, I thought either Avalanche or some type of pressure wave. After looking at the photos of the area they were camped in and the tent, I ruled out avalanche. It looks like the area was just too flat and if they had been hit by an avalanche I don't think the tent would still be standing.

What I believe is that the parachute mines (or some type of weapons test) caused a mini avalanche, maybe just a small snow slide that was big enough to block the front of the tent but not bury it. I think that combined with the loud noises of the explosions made the hikers think that a largescale avalanche was somehow occurring, or an earthquake and when they found the front of the tent blocked by snow, they cut their way out in a panic. Once out, they might have seen the bombs or whatever was going on and realizing that they were in the middle of a weapon's test, made a run for the tree line. I think some of the hikers got caught in the radius of a blast and were either instantly killed or gravely injured. The others escaped with minor or no injuries but they were too afraid to try to return to the tent and they froze to death before they could get back and while taking care of the other injured hikers. The government realized they had screwed up and covered up the whole thing. The girl probably bit her own tongue off when she was impacted by the concussion of a shockwave or when she hit the ground violently after being launched by a pressure wave. Subsequent snowfall over the next few months before the bodies were discovered filled in any craters made by the bombs/mines, hiding the evidence of weapons testing. The orange orbs seen in the sky on the previous nights were aircraft lights or flares attached to the mines or used in training.

posted on Feb, 5 2019 @ 08:58 PM
link   
if it was a military test a Russian one at that in the 1959 theres no dam way in hell we would of been told anything that would even remotely indicate they did it just they froze to death

whatever the military was trying to hide I don't think it was something they did

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

From my understanding when you are freezing to death your mind can make you think you are actually burning up so they stripped off their close which hastened their demise the ones with blunt force trauma were probably killed by others who did not want to watch their friends die in agony so they did a mercy killing on them. And the missing eyes and or tongue could be predation by woodland critters. If you going camping in winter make sure to carry the right gear and have a good knowledge of how to survive in those conditions otherwise you risking your life..

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 01:15 AM
link   
My guess is someone read my post from 2016 in response to another Dyatlov thread here, and they went looking for "Fulgurites" at the location of the tent, and found some. Fulgurites are burned columns of sand turned to glass, from lightening strikes. My theory was their tent got hit from a giant "Thundersnow" lightening event. I gotta stop posting all the secrets of the Universe on ATS, letting others get rich from it.

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:08 AM
link   
a reply to: EHowardHuntClub

they arent secrets, they are there for all to see !

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Fisherr

this site is good , it has some actual quotes taken from Journals etc!

What is interesting is the other parties who were on surrounding mountains , stating they had seen bright lights in the valley opposite
Ortorten

The tourists were already preparing for the descent, when the sullen clouds in the north suddenly flashed silver. A white spark flew upward from the depths of the valley of Otorten and floated between the mountain peaks. “This “thing” was flying silently and slowly from the south to the north over the ridge of the Urals. It was glowing quite brightly. The way it illuminated the hovering clouds, at the height of 2.5 to 3 km, was very strange.” – Anatoli Shumkov, leader of the group

edit on 6-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

and the mystery just gets weirder

The medical examiner recorded that some of the corpses had livor mortis on the front. Given that such marks always form on the side of a body that has been pressed against the ground, this indicated that someone had turned them over after death.

edit on 6-2-2019 by sapien82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 6 2019 @ 08:29 AM
link   
This video has plausible explanations for all the aspects of this case.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join