It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abortion Bill: Infant Could Be Delivered and Then ‘Dr. & Mother’ Could Decide If It Lives

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: Woodcarver

a reply to: Woodcarver

Then tell me differently. Adolf.

Adolf? You are a caricature of person.

I'm not the one celebrating the death of "undesirables".
Why are you happy to lie about what i have said?

Do you lie like this to people irl?
edit on 30-1-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I'd like to abort 59 year old Ralph Northam and 41 year old Kathy Tran.

I say someone put forth that bill.

It would have more support from the American people.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:44 PM
link   

You are for post-birth abortions.

Really, I can't say more because I have no words for the disgust I have for those who feel the way you do.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Really, I can't say more because I have no words for the disgust I have for those who feel the way you do.

Using one of the lefts own favorite arguments, the Nazis were huge fans of post-birth abortions in concentration camps.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   

And you left out the part that says, severe deformities and nonviable. Babies who would be on life support indefinitely, until they died. But you want to pretend that they are killing healthy babies because your a rabid fanatic who wants to label the other side as evil. That’s all. You’re just lieing to whip up a frenzy.

You are now one of the RrEEEeeee people. Willing to lie to force your ideals on others. A caricature of a real person.

edit on 30-1-2019 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Yeah, there are scary similarities.

Because some children maybe born with "deformities".

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:52 PM
link   

You.

Are.

For.

Post.

Birth.

Abortions.

Embrace it.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Sookiechacha

Where's the Bill language ?

I know I know ... They tried to pass it first 😎

Here is the existing law:

§ 18.2-74. When abortion or termination of pregnancy lawful after second trimester of pregnancy.

Notwithstanding any of the provisions of § 18.2-71 and in addition to the provisions of §§ 18.2-72 and 18.2-73, it shall be lawful for any physician licensed by the Board of Medicine to practice medicine and surgery to terminate or attempt to terminate a human pregnancy or aid or assist in the termination of a human pregnancy by performing an abortion or causing a miscarriage on any woman in a stage of pregnancy subsequent to the second trimester provided the following conditions are met:

(a) Said operation is performed in a hospital licensed by the Virginia State Department of Health or operated by the Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services.

(b) The physician and two consulting physicians certify and so enter in the hospital record of the woman, that in their medical opinion, based upon their best clinical judgment, the continuation of the pregnancy is likely to result in the death of the woman or substantially and irremediably impair the mental or physical health of the woman.

(c) Measures for life support for the product of such abortion or miscarriage must be available and utilized if there is any clearly visible evidence of viability.

1975, cc. 14, 15; 2009, cc. 813, 840.
law.lis.virginia.gov...

Here it is with the relevent proposed changes, that didn't pass.

lis.virginia.gov...

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:54 PM
link   
So, Leftists...when you see a person with Down's syndrome or dwarfism or maybe a cleft palette...do you think to yourself: "There's someone whom should've been aborted after birth!"?

link   
Nonviable means the fetus cannot live outside the womb. While most will reach viability around the 23rd or whatever week some will never be viable because of fetal abnormalities although they might end up suffering for hours or days after birth. It is these types of pregnancies that most of the late term abortions consist of.
Any baby born alive I do believe is require to receive care by law. They can't kill them or leave them on a shelf in a dark closet to die alone. They have to do what they can to preserve their life or at least ease their suffering till death comes to take them out of the world.
Ya some of them could possibly survive. They might need a series of expensive surgical operations. They might spend most of their lives in hospitals. They might even become adults who will need help feeding and someone to change their diapers. They might cry in pain but never be able to tell you what hurts.
Or we could release them from their I'll equipped body before that are born and pray that God would grant them a life that offers more joy and fullfillment with less pain and suffering.

link   

You.

Are.

For.

Post.

Birth.

Abortions.

Embrace it.

you can’t be honest.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
So, Leftists...when you see a person with Down's syndrome or dwarfism or maybe a cleft palette...do you think to yourself: "There's someone whom should've been aborted after birth!"?

What if they grow up thinking differently?

Should they still be "aborted"?

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:56 PM
link   

You.

Are.

For.

Post.

Birth.

Abortions.

Embrace it.

you can’t be honest.

Own it.

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 09:57 PM
link   

a reply to: SKEPTEK

Yeah, there are scary similarities.

Because some children maybe born with "deformities".

Severe deformities.

link   
The existence of the term post birth abortion shows just how far we have fallen.

The correct term for this particular procedure is murder. You could argue euthanasia if the kid is super #ed up but since when my girlfriend was pregnant with our child she went for a crapload of scans to make sure the baby was healthy I refuse to believe that such conditions weren't spotted before.

link   
a reply to: pavil
There is certainly no reason to abort a healthy baby beyond 28 weeks when it can live independent of the mother even if she is mentally/physically threatened.

link   

originally posted by: pavil

That's not how the law is written, it would have established a lower threshold of if it were to affect the women's physical or mental health, not necessarily "life threatening" to the women. The baby's health condition is not necessary took into the equation of the choice, even though they make it seem like that it does. The baby could be normal and if the one Dr and women decided to, they could have aborted even with her in labor and dilated.

Does that sound right to you?

Most Democrats don't even support late term abortions unless under extreme health situations.

I read the bill. It said severe deformities and nonviable. If you think doctors are killing healthy newborn babies, you should read the actual words in the bill

the proposed Bill in its entirety

Here it is, the crossed out portions are what the Dem Bill would have removed.

No where does it state what you claim.

edit on 30-1-2019 by pavil because: (no reason given)

link   
Closed to allow members to read:
If youi just have to sling mud:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Otherwise:

This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)
This is also not the place for hate.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!
edit on Wed Jan 30 2019 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Oh you forgot parts

"When we talk about third trimester abortions, these are done with the consent of obviously the mother, with the consent of the physicians, more than one physician by the way. And it is done in cases where there may be severe deformities, there may be a fetus that is non-viable."

"Well, I think it is always good to get a second opinion and for at least two providers to be involved in that decision," Northam said. "These decisions shouldn't be taken lightly.

Northam's office released a statement about his comments. "No woman seeks a third trimester abortion except in the case of tragic or difficult circumstances, such as a nonviable pregnancy or in the event of severe fetal abnormalities, and the governor’s comments were limited to the actions physicians would take in the event that a woman in those circumstances went into labor," Ofirah Yheskel, a spokeswoman for Northam, said. "Attempts to extrapolate these comments otherwise is in bad faith and underscores exactly why the governor believes physicians and women, not legislators, should make these difficult and deeply personal medical decisions,"

posted on Jan, 30 2019 @ 11:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

This bill allows for murdering the born child if it would be "mentally difficult" on the family. JUST DISGUSTING people.

You don't seem to think of the child. By the time it is known the baby is a mess and will suffer every minute as well as stop the life of the whole Family forever! In my opinion many have zero compassion and only want humans to be born right or wrong! we would not do that to a dog!

Please look up how many things can go wrong, do you seriously think People are looking for a way to go through 40 weeks of pregnancy just to kill the child?
EXAMPLE:

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join