It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York legislature votes to legalize abortion up to birth, let non-doctors commit abortions

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Abortion, Politics - U.S.Tue Jan 22, 2019 - 6:20 pm EST
Calvin Freiburger

ALBANY, New York, January 22, 2019 (LifeSiteNews) – Both chambers of the New York state legislature voted Tuesday on legislation to enshrine a “fundamental right” to abortion in state law and eliminate protections for preborn babies until birth, in votes set to mark the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

The state Senate voted 38-24 in favor of the so-called “Reproductive Health Act” Tuesday evening, the Albany Times-Union reports, a bill that has repeatedly cleared the state Assembly in years past but been blocked by the formerly-Republican Senate. Following the Senate vote, the Assembly passed it 92-47.

The bill declares that “Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry the pregnancy to term, to give birth to a child, or to have an abortion,” erases the state’s recognition of preborn babies older than 24 weeks as potential homicide victims, removes abortion from the penal code entirely, and allows licensed health practitioners other than full doctors to commit abortions.

www.lifesitenews.com...

Democrats in New York have elected to take away all rights for the unborn up to the day the human fetus is to be born.

The bill, which I am linking again below, gives women the right to abort for any reason, and removes all protections for the unborn. This bill also takes away homicide charges if a murderer kills a pregnant woman. No longer is the life of the unborn defended in any circumstance, including murder, by this bill.

By Nicole Brown
[email protected] @ncb417
Updated January 23, 2019 6:59 AM

The Reproductive Health Act maintains the 24-week limit under which women can seek abortions but adds a provision for abortions at any time if the baby would not survive the birth. Additionally, the act permits abortions at any point if it is necessary to protect the mother's life or health.

www.amny.com...

Many people in the left claim that Roe vs Wade allows for abortion for any "health related issue", but it doesn't. Instead Doe v. Bolton redefined what "health of the mother" actually means. It includes allowing abortion under any circumstance, including "physical, emotional, psychological, familial and the woman's age." This even includes "economic reasons" as a viable excuse to allow abortions.

REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH ACT

Abortion: What the 'Health' Exemption Really Means

Democrats and Liberals have once again shown to have no regard for human life, since all protections of the unborn will be repealed if Cuomo signs this bill, which he has stated he would sign such a bill.

What this bill does is legalizing infanticide, since there is no difference between a baby who is to be born in the last day of pregnancy, and a baby that has just been born.

Democrats and Liberals have once again chosen death over life, and have chosen to take away all rights of the unborn.

In the past I have shown that Democrats and Liberals will expand on abortion, and this bill proves it. But what's more this is not the only expansion "Democrats and Liberals want."

The next step in the left agenda will be to legalize "after birth abortions," and you can be sure that just like this bill has garnered the votes of democrats on both houses, "after birth abortion" will also garner the votes of the left in both houses in a not so distant future.

After-birth abortion: why should the baby live?

‘After-birth abortion’? Judge lets woman walk after drowning her newborn

After-Birth Abortions: College Students Increasingly Support Infanticide

edit on 23-1-2019 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Flagged to read through later.
There must be some mistake here - no way something this evil could be allowed. Are you sure you are reading the bill right?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:39 PM
link   
democrats liberals abortion death

democrats liberals abortion death

hilarious.

you seem pretty passionate about abortion.

how come?

have to read 8 million pages of the bill to be sure but it sounds the same as how it is now.

does it say what has changed?

added provisions?

any time if mom or baby is at risk.
not like that now?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

This must be a joke. Surely that should be classed as murder. I think I am missing something here.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
Sick disgusting g mother #ers! Everyone who voted in favor needs to be aborted now! And those who proposed it, firing squads.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
Sick disgusting g mother #ers! Everyone who voted in favor needs to be aborted now! And those who proposed it, firing squads.

Hold your horses. Is this even true?
I can't believe that it is.
Think about it - if true it would contravene Roe vs Wade. That SC ruling made clear that abortions could be allowed up to viability, but not beyond.
edit on 23/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:44 PM
link   

That's grotesque. Absolutely grotesque.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

I feel pity for you, the first thing you do is "find this hilarious." It just shows what kind of "compassion" you actually have for the unborn up to the day they are to be born.

Below you will see that no longer is it seen as homicide, by Democrats in New York, the death of the unborn if a murderer kills a pregnant woman.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: worldstarcountry

Hold your horses. Is this even true?
I can't believe that it is.
Think about it - if true it would contravene Roe vs Wade. That SC ruling made clear that abortions could be allowed up to viability.

The Reproductive Health Act maintains the 24-week limit under which women can seek abortions but adds a provision for abortions at any time if the baby would not survive the birth. Additionally, the act permits abortions at any point if it is necessary to protect the mother's life or health.

is this how it is now?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse

I feel pity for you, the first thing you do is "find this hilarious." It just shows what kind of "compassion" you actually have for the unborn up to the day they are to be born.

Below you will see that no longer is it seen as homicide, by Democrats in New York, the death of the unborn if a murderer kills a pregnant woman.

not correct
i dont find this hilarious
i find you and the way you worded the post hilarious

there are several that do it

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

This must be a joke. Surely that should be classed as murder. I think I am missing something here.

Unfortunately it is no joke. All rights of the unborn no longer exist up to the day the baby is to be born in New York.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
If this is true then it's a disgrace. I am not American, so get bewildered by this divisive and polarised debate about abortion. Abortion should be allowed, but with tight rules and timescales. Just like in other developed countries where the woman and the foetus have rights.

link   

Another example of extremism being a bad thing. Abortion as birth control is not right IMO.

link   
a reply to: UKTruth

IDGAF if it, true or not New York reps have lost their minds And need to be aborted anyways. Wtf happened to our firing squads???

Seems like more than ever we need the movie Bushwick to become real if we are to be spared from the wrath of alien advanced space good Jesus (whatever it was with advanced technology in the past that people believed we're miracles and called Jesus). It will arrive and kinetically obliterate New York if we have not currently Ed this endeavor of crime.es against humanity.

Can we at least charge the legislators with crimes against humanity??

(post by alphabetaone removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
This cannot be right even the most pro-choice people can’t think it’s ok to abort (murder) a child a couple of days before they’re born. Additionally this would require a obstetrician and/or midwife because the woman would still need to deliver the child.

I really hope this is inaccurate because everything about this just seems horrifically wrong.

Abortion is pretty much a abomination in my view. 100% against it unless in exceptional circumstances.
edit on 23-1-2019 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Wait, though - homicide is a different issue. It does not need to be seen as homicide to be illegal. I'll say again - Roe vs Wade ruled that abortion is only permissable up to viability - initially through the balancing test of the mothers interest and right to life, which was viable in the third trimester. The SC later updated this to 'fetal viability', 23-24 weeks.

Is the NY legislature ignoring Roe vs Wade and Planned Parenthood vs Casey decisions? If it is, that sets quite a precedent. If so, why should there be any complaints if Roe vs Wade is completed overturned and abortion made illegal. If it doesn't mean anything then there can be no complaints in scrapping it.

This story does not ring true.
edit on 23/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

Unfortunately it is no joke. All rights of the unborn no longer exist up to the day the baby is to be born in New York.

But this is up for so much abuse! I mean, and please don't think I am saying this in jest, but what about ritual sacrifice?

I know, weird place for me to go, but it happens, and this paves the way completely.

I am stunned.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
i love how these members are so passionate about this life.!!!!!!!!

but then you get in other threads and they seem pretty callous.
about life in general and treatment of people that are you know. alive.

getting them scopes dialed in

but the babies man

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

This is just sick. So it's ok to murder a baby?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join