It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York legislature votes to legalize abortion up to birth, let non-doctors commit abortions

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is some seriously sick legislation.

Who are they going to get to murder a viable baby? No normal human is going to want to take part in something this evil.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: ElectricUniverse
Sick disgusting g mother #ers! Everyone who voted in favor needs to be aborted now! And those who proposed it, firing squads.

Hold your horses. Is this even true?
I can't believe that it is.
Think about it - if true it would contravene Roe vs Wade. That SC ruling made clear that abortions could be allowed up to viability.

The Reproductive Health Act maintains the 24-week limit under which women can seek abortions but adds a provision for abortions at any time if the baby would not survive the birth. Additionally, the act permits abortions at any point if it is necessary to protect the mother's life or health.

is this how it is now?

Pretty much.
I am not sure what NY are legislating yet - not read the bill - but I'd be shocked if it were abortion for any reason right up to birth as is being said.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Sick disgusting g mother #ers! Everyone who voted in favor needs to be aborted now! And those who proposed it, firing squads.

Think about it - if true it would contravene Roe vs Wade. That SC ruling made clear that abortions could be allowed up to viability, but not beyond.

When have liberals ever cared about breaking rules?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Who are they going to get to murder a viable baby? No normal human is going to want to take part in something this evil.

The people who "want" to murder babies aren't normal, but they exist, oh yes they do,

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Think about it - if true it would contravene Roe vs Wade. That SC ruling made clear that abortions could be allowed up to viability.

The Reproductive Health Act maintains the 24-week limit under which women can seek abortions but adds a provision for abortions at any time if the baby would not survive the birth. Additionally, the act permits abortions at any point if it is necessary to protect the mother's life or health.

is this how it is now?

Pretty much.
I am not sure what NY are legislating yet - not read the bill - but I'd be shocked if it were abortion for any reason right up to birth as is being said.

even if this article is true it is not for any reason

this is what it says

adds a provision for abortions at any time if the baby would not survive the birth. Additionally, the act permits abortions at any point if it is necessary to protect the mother's life or health.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

adds a provision for abortions at any time if the baby would not survive the birth. Additionally, the act permits abortions at any point if it is necessary to protect the mother's life or health.

So the mother or doctors could precscribe literally any reason for the murder of a child.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I do not like to hear stuff like this happening in the USA. I do believe a woman should have the right to have an abortion for say up to three months or so but no longer than that unless there are medical conditions that could harm the mother. This means that if a husband and wife get into an argument, the mother can punish the husband by having an abortion. I know lots of women who would do that. This is one of the most barbaric laws I have seen in my life. Our society in part of the USA is going amuck. Give some people an inch and they take a mile.

I could see extending abortion time if it is a rape or something, because some women are not aware they are pregnant till after three months. People have to understand that if this was going on fifty years ago. Half the people in the USA would probably not be here anymore, most of the ones not here would be from Liberal families.

One way to get rid of Liberal people in the future, let them all get aborted.

The way this law is written, an opinion can grant a person the right to have an abortion up until birth. Opinions can be bought if there is money to pay a doctor. Keep our doctors honest, repeal this.
edit on 23-1-2019 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jonjonj

So the mother or doctors could precscribe literally any reason for the murder of a child.

how do you know?

did you read the bill?

does it maybe go deeper then this article and specify what that means?

prolly does

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do believe a woman should have the right to have an abortion for say up to three months or so but no longer than that unless there are medical conditions that could harm the mother. .

so you support the bill then?

thats what it says

up to this point unless mother or baby is at risk

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rickymouse
I do believe a woman should have the right to have an abortion for say up to three months or so but no longer than that unless there are medical conditions that could harm the mother. .

so you support the bill then?

thats what it says

up to this point unless mother or baby is at risk

I added to my post saying that an opinion can be bought from a doctor if this is implemented. A corrupt or money strapped doctor who wants a boat might give a legitimate reason that is not right.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:06 PM
link   
here is what the bill says

A health care practitioner licensed, certified, or authorized under title eight of the education law, acting within his or her lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion when, according to the practitioner's reasonable and good faith professional judgment based on the facts of the patient's case: the patient is within twenty-four weeks from the commencement of pregnancy, or there is an absence of fetal viability, or the abortion is necessary to protect the patient's life or health.

just just like it is now then?

all you commandos freaking out for nothing?

link   
Even for psychological reasons?

So, if a woman at 8 mos. says, "I changed my mind and I'm going to kill myself if I let this kid be born", a doctor can rule mental or psychological trauma and abort the baby?!

Am I reading all of this wrong? Is this even possible in America? Somebody tell me I misunderstood all the wording, please.

link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

Augustus would, but that's for like science or his club or something.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   
so ti looks like the big shocking change is

"Person," when referring to the victim of a homicide, means a human being who has been born and is alive.

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:08 PM
link   

is this how it is now?

That sounds like an abortion is allowed, if the baby will not survive. So a stillbirth or an abortion...neither is alive ...
And if the mother is at risk, she doesn’t HAVE to die for the baby...unless she wants to?

Nothing else makes any sense. If a baby (a viable fetus), is of age to survive outside the womb, it would just be taken out and put in an incubator. Doctors aren’t going to just kill a viable fetus, that’d be nuts.

edit on 23-1-2019 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Even for psychological reasons?

So, if a woman at 8 mos. says, "I changed my mind and I'm going to kill myself if I let this kid be born", a doctor can rule mental or psychological trauma and abort the baby?!

Am I reading all of this wrong? Is this even possible in America? Somebody tell me I misunderstood all the wording, please.

personally i think you are reaching and everyone is freaking out

but whatever

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:11 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

its more fun to freak out

i mean what if what if what if someone is 8.5 months pregnant but really feeling sad?
and then what if she slips some doctor like i dont know, 10 bucks to just reach in and yank 8.5er outta there?

i mean what if you know

link   

Flagged to read through later.
There must be some mistake here - no way something this evil could be allowed. Are you sure you are reading the bill right?
right in the article it states abortion would be legal up to the 24th week (still seems a bit long to have an abortion, if you ask me.) If the baby would not survive delivery than an abortion can be done.

link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Nothing else makes any sense. If a baby (a viable fetus), is of age to survive outside the womb, it would just be taken out and put in an incubator. Doctors aren’t going to just kill a viable fetus, that’d be nuts.

Uhhhh, they already do that all over the country...........surely you dont think the only abortions that happen are unviable fetuses?

posted on Jan, 23 2019 @ 04:12 PM
link   
This bill... seriously?!

Might as well let the mother give birth, stick an IV in the kid, and perform a lethal injection like they do for death row inmates.

Is this how lightly and pathetic humanity now considers the source of our continuation?
edit on 1/23/2019 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join