It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Trump's 4 PM Saturday "Major Announcement" Speech Here:

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Trump is planning to address the nation today, concerning the shutdown. His speech has been moved forward an hour to 4 PM EST. According to officials, Trump is willing to offer a deal on Dreamers in exchange for border funds.

President Donald Trump will offer Democrats a deal that would extend protections for so-called Dreamers by three years in exchange for $5.7 billion in funds he is seeking for a border barrier, according to a person familiar with the proposal.

The plan would offer Democrats Trump’s approval of the BRIDGE Act, a 2017 bill from the previous Congress that sought to extend the Obama-era Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program for immigrants who arrived in the U.S. illegally as children.

The measure, which hasn’t been re-introduced in the new Congress that began earlier this month, was sponsored by Republican Senator Lindsey Graham and backed by Democrats including Chuck Schumer and Dick Durbin.

The deal would also extend the visas for Temporary Protection Status holders, though it is unclear for how long.

fortune.com...

Could the government shutdown finally come to an end? Will the Democrats, especially House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, finally make a deal with the President? For those unable to watch on TV, you can watch the speech live on The White House website at this link:
www.whitehouse.gov...

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:31 PM
link   
It's time to end anchor baby protections.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:37 PM
link   
A rich boy from Queens who made good in Manhattan, he understands the force of playing the outsider card.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

I'd love to see a solution with some heart. I'm a wishful thinker, a day dreamer I know.
I totally get why the border is a pressing issue, it has been for as long as I think about politics. I wouldn't lean so far out of the window to say a wall is the solution and I feel vicariously ashamed for all of those who call for the use of deadly force on poor migrants, but I get that the USA is sort of overrun if it doesn't keep a keen eye on its backdoors.
Maybe a wall is the humane solution and if in exchange those who are already inside the US get a chance of living without being costantly afraid they might get deported the better I feel about it.

To stop human trafficking is a global issue and it would be nice if the USA could assume the rolemodel position and show the rest of us how it can be done. With one hand on the heart and the other on steel, probably that's the only reasonable way?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:54 PM
link   
So Trump want's to make a deal. A deal.
I suppose that to some this sounds like a compromising thing, you give a little and I give a little. His book the Art of the Deal. Yeah that is his image alright. He has cultivated that and groomed that brand, the Master Dealer.

But you know, my experience with people who offer me deals is not quite so innocent. When the car salesman offers me a deal I know he is desprerate. He will cut his price and offer me lifetime oil changes and undercoating all for a low fee. Sure. Cut his price from an over inflated price in the first place.

When I go to the market and find the deals there they are most always come ons or ''lost leaders'' to sucker me in for further rip offs.

Man, I gotta deal for you.

So when Trump offers a deal I have to be skeptical, he is of course a big time deal maker ain' t he? When ever I hear him ready to make a deal this is what comes to mind. Fun and games. He is a barker in a carnival side show.

Come one come all. ''Tune in tomorrow and I will tell you.'' Gather your friends and listen and I will lay it all out for you"

The first twenty seconds of this video sums up how I see his ''deal making''.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I personally don't think he is offering a deal today.

He's making an Announcement.
edit on 19-1-2019 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:05 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Just wondering, if it is just an announcement, why not just announce it? Why all this hype. Didn't he just do this a week or two ago and wasn't that '' message to the people'' just more of the same, i" m the greatest and they are the worst kind of stuff? Should we hope or expect anything different this time?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We'll see, Terry. I think the Wall is vital to our national security in more ways than the public is privy to right now. There is a lot going on south of the border and many international actors are influencing these countries. I'll leave it at that. Another thread about those global influences might be beneficial to understanding the national security angle.

There is another caravan headed our way. Two are stalled in Tijuana already. Our system and our personnel are being overwhelmed, lest I say it, Alinsky style. Mexico didn't put forth much effort to halt them.

Walls work. They halt the invasion. Why do you think forts were built. They halted the forward momentum of invasion, and allowed for an organized method to confront and deal with the people wanting to enter.

If one thinks for one second that there aren't really bad actors with nefarious intentions mixed in with the "nice" families that just want a better life, then they are too ignorant to weigh in on the matter.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Let the subversive left migrate south of the border.Maga.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:41 PM
link   

How dare you demand me to watch that!

I shall not and instead I shall prepare some meals for next week....
If you had not demanded such a thing I may have watched.

Jokes on you now!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple

I'd love to see a solution with some heart. I'm a wishful thinker, a day dreamer I know.
I totally get why the border is a pressing issue, it has been for as long as I think about politics. I wouldn't lean so far out of the window to say a wall is the solution and I feel vicariously ashamed for all of those who call for the use of deadly force on poor migrants, but I get that the USA is sort of overrun if it doesn't keep a keen eye on its backdoors.
Maybe a wall is the humane solution and if in exchange those who are already inside the US get a chance of living without being costantly afraid they might get deported the better I feel about it.

To stop human trafficking is a global issue and it would be nice if the USA could assume the rolemodel position and show the rest of us how it can be done. With one hand on the heart and the other on steel, probably that's the only reasonable way?

No lie its a complex issue with complex problems, but just leaving the doors wide open isn't the answer either. Probably the Ive understood the other side is discussing this with my daughter who is a teacher in a university town, where they have a surprising number of families from all over. She teaches special needs so she has kids in all age groups, she says the fear of families being split up is real and the kids live it, yes a lot of extended families live together and they do worry that certain undocumented might get picked up. This fear helps keep the parents from participating in the kids schooling and continuing to send kids that haven't been educated up to basic standards on down the line. Like she said they are here and unless they are going to crackdown, there needs to be a way to give these kids a chance instead of making them hide in the shadows which just perpetually keeps them down. Even the stigma of being illegal though technically correct needs to be dialed back, even documented kids get hit with this tag. All of which I basically understand, but pointed out they need to be documented and their needs to be progress towards citizenship and paying taxes etc. Its not fair to the individuals and families that immigrated properly. Her point was they need to brought out in the open with out fear of deportation, so they can fully participate in American society and become the best versions of themselves. Right now it just churns out no skills uneducated targets for gangs and low income workers.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

We'll see, Terry. I think the Wall is vital to our national security in more ways than the public is privy to right now. There is a lot going on south of the border and many international actors are influencing these countries. I'll leave it at that. Another thread about those global influences might be beneficial to understanding the national security angle.

There is another caravan headed our way. Two are stalled in Tijuana already. Our system and our personnel are being overwhelmed, lest I say it, Alinsky style. Mexico didn't put forth much effort to halt them.

Walls work. They halt the invasion. Why do you think forts were built. They halted the forward momentum of invasion, and allowed for an organized method to confront and deal with the people wanting to enter.

If one thinks for one second that there aren't really bad actors with nefarious intentions mixed in with the "nice" families that just want a better life, then they are too ignorant to weigh in on the matter.

I know i agree thats why there needs to be a deal made soon,with a wall we can regulate who gets in and how many. They need to be documented if they want to come to America.

edit on 19-1-2019 by putnam6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:55 PM
link   
5min outs.

Trump is compromising BIG on this.

The democrats in office are evil, sick people.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

My contention is that those nefarious actors, those with ''bad intent'' will find a way to enter that a wall will not stop.
Border security yes, wall, no. These ''innocent immigrants'' can barely afford to make the trip, to care for themselves. And sure there does appear to be some kind of money behind these mass caravans I admit. But the bad guys? The bad guys who are guided by these international players will be better funded wouldn't you think? Passports, maybe. Cargo holds maybe. Air drops maybe.

And yes, there are some who advocate ''open borders''. But this is a small group compared to all the rest who are opposed to a physical wall. But have you noticed how according to conservative voices ALL of the left is for open borders? That is the meme being played across conservative media all the way from Trump down to ATS. But it is not true.

This constant stereotyping of the entire left as being for open borders is propaganda designed to vilify opponents of the wall. When one side goes to those lengths to demonize any opposing voices one might suspect that the cause being defended is sketchy in the first place.

I've watched this southern border issue percolate now for decades and decades, it has been a thread common to all the conservative theories for fifty years. And during that time, one issue that is never addressed much at all, by liberals and conservatives is the question of just who is it that employs these people. Why are these employers not hunted down and shuttered and jailed? My only guess is that the cheap labor is wanted by the business community be they liberal or conservative in political approach.

So for as long as conservatives have wanted a wall and never gotten it, along comes Trump, looking for the talking points to buy his way into a voting block, and wha -la, he is in favor of a wall. Myself, I cannot see why he would care about a wall at all. Are his jobs or those of his family or friends ever threatened by immigrants? Hardly. To him this wall is only a symbol. A symbol of the fish hook he has trolled conservative Americans with, hoping for their support. And it has worked.

So you see, I favor border control, I favor border security. But I also favor stopping the employers who illegally employ undocumented workers. And the wall? To me it is nothing other than a symbol used by a liar to sucker people with true intentions.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Did anyone just hear his welcoming speech in the Oval Office to those who were just sworn in as American citizens. It was very warm and heartfelt. They all went through the process to do it legally and most have been here for a few years and are truly American now, embracing our culture, traditions, and Constitution.

President Trump has no problem with immigrants. His problem is with ILLEGAL entry.

He is about to speak.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Democrats are going to have a HARD time explaining why they can't compromise with Trump considering he it putting DACA on the table.

The American people will see it his way.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Was that it?

30 seconds of pleading?

link   
Democrats already shooting it down, they dont care... end of story

link   
Whatever Trump proposes, Democrat Leadership will reject 😁

ShutDown will continue 😆

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Did anyone just hear his welcoming speech in the Oval Office to those who were just sworn in as American citizens. It was very warm and heartfelt. They all went through the process to do it legally and most have been here for a few years and are truly American now, embracing our culture, traditions, and Constitution.

President Trump has no problem with immigrants. His problem is with ILLEGAL entry.

He is about to speak.

It was a good presentation 😊

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join