It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Trump's 4 PM Saturday "Major Announcement" Speech Here:

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
a reply to: face23785

I just think he shouldn't say he has a major announcement to make and then there is no important announcement. It cheapens the Presidential office.

How so? Think back on some of the announcements from previous presidents. What Trump has done is handed the monkey to the Democrats, publicly. The people now see who is obfuscating and stalling things. If the Dems refuse to budge, it's national emergency time.
If the Dems have any brains at all, they'll rid themselves of her as soon as they can.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   
a reply to: trb71

I may be wrong about this, but I believe this plan is the exact same thing he's been saying for weeks, just worded differently.

You are correct.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
This was the "major announcement"? It was just a reworded rehash of the same ish, different day. That's not "major" nor an "announcement".

And that is why I won’t waste my time watching something that I have already heard.

Instead as I prep and cook I will watch entertaining shows!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:49 PM
link   
When not if. The democrats refuse to come to the bargaining table, the truth will reveal itself...

Next step will be state of emergency actions. Then the democrats are going to lose face.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:50 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Mitch is the one that stopped the last NINE bills from getting to the presidents desk.

link   
So is the house going to continue the Government shutdown or are they going to try to compromise with the Senate?

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi says President Donald Trump’s forthcoming proposalfor ending the 29-day partial government shutdown is a “non-starter.”

So Democrats reject compromise yet again ... before they even heard the proposal? Typical yet still disappointing.

link   

originally posted by: olaru12
He caved and the right wingers are not happy. He just threw away his hard line base and the 2020 election.

What makes you think this?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

originally posted by: Nyiah
This was the "major announcement"? It was just a reworded rehash of the same ish, different day. That's not "major" nor an "announcement".

And that is why I won’t waste my time watching something that I have already heard.

Instead as I prep and cook I will watch entertaining shows!

And this is why there are such troubles in the world. . .
People are more interested in being entertained than informed.

link   

He caved and the right wingers are not happy. He just threw away his hard line base and the 2020 election.

This is nothing but wishful thinking. This is about the 100th "Trump has lost his base" claim we've heard. You guys are about as accurate with this as you are with the "Mueller has Trump this time!" claims.

link   
A couple of things not being brought up:

1, Where is the Democrats response? Don't they normally like to push forward their opinions as to what the President says?

2, Some of the people here are saying that the President caved, but did this speech seem like one of those memos that gets handed out before a Corporate restructuring takes place? In other words, did Trump just set up a key talking point for his SOTU?

There wasn't a lot of new information given out in this speech, but given that it was aired on a Saturday afternoon doesn't that indicate to anyone else that it was designed for the American People, and not the Politicians in DC? What I find interesting was him waving the DACA and TPS flag in front of the Democrats. These were two issues that they wanted Trump to deal with, but now that he is saying "sure you can have those, but we need a wall first", I wonder how the Democrats will go? I also thought it was telling that Pelosi already rejected his idea without even hearing it. Seems like people forgot what compromise is and how negotiations function.

link   

I just think he shouldn't say he has a major announcement to make and then there is no important announcement. It cheapens the Presidential office.

Maybe he knows the q's want him to declare a national emergency and he is trolling them. 8P

Because I agree. What is the real purpose of this? It helps or changes nothing.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa

originally posted by: face23785

The rhetoric of a master con artist, who's best days are behind him... He just comes across as stale and predictable.

Your bias is showing.

So, when he claimed "that some people say a wall could drop the crime rate and drug smuggling in the US by 50%"... you think he himself actually believes that?

LOL you dont think it will have any effect? man if it stops 20% it pays for itself in 3-4 years. Hell let him build it give him the funds then when it fails you can use it against him. Except the dems worry it wont fail, and he will use it as an achievement in 2020. It isnt about percentages its all political, and its playing with 800,000 furloughed fed employees on something that would likely work, if not let him do it and fail and you probably recapture the Presidency in 2020.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

I’m pretty sure it’s the dems who just threw away their base.

Like four year olds in a tantrum.

Adults see straight through it.

That's exactly what they did. When all those people whose protected status is about to retire get deported, everyone will remember Trump offered to let them stay and Nancy Pelosi said no thanks.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine

How so? Think back on some of the announcements from previous presidents. What Trump has done is handed the monkey to the Democrats, publicly. The people now see who is obfuscating and stalling things. If the Dems refuse to budge, it's national emergency time.
If the Dems have any brains at all, they'll rid themselves of her as soon as they can.

Nah man, I disagree. If you're going to play this kind of political ball, it better be a very large ball, and a worthwhile curveball one at that. Otherwise, putting something back on the table that was already on it before isn't going to do much other than draw parallels to The Boy Who Cried Wolf if done too many times.

Substantially harsher punishments for companies & farms (such as forfeiting the business entirely) who employ illegals would have been a damn good curveball. WHY won't anyone touch that one? How much clout do those people have in DC? You guys are sniffing the wrong skirts.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

But why do you think so? They've been negotiating about this stuff for months and years.

a reply to: pteridine

Exactly. It's just political posturing.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Putting DACA on the table should have been one of the D's prime objectives if we're to believe what they had previously touted.

Now it's on the table and instantly rejected.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   
so, wonder how long it will take the congress to hash out this new deal...
wonder, once it gets close, will he change his mind??
meanwhile, there are quite a few bills waiting for senate passage if only McConnell would allow a vote on them.
and a whole mess of gov't workers not getting paid with alot of them not doing their jobs!!!

www.vox.com...

notice how long these lawsuits have been in the court system!!!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

originally posted by: face23785

The rhetoric of a master con artist, who's best days are behind him... He just comes across as stale and predictable.

Your bias is showing.

So, when he claimed "that some people say a wall could drop the crime rate and drug smuggling in the US by 50%"... you think he himself actually believes that?

LOL you dont think it will have any effect? man if it stops 20% it pays for itself in 3-4 years. Hell let him build it give him the funds then when it fails you can use it against him. Except the dems worry it wont fail, and he will use it as an achievement in 2020. It isnt about percentages its all political, and its playing with 800,000 furloughed fed employees on something that would likely work, if not let him do it and fail and you probably recapture the Presidency in 2020.

They know it'll work that's exactly why they oppose it. They have no interest in stopping illegal immigration. Nobody thinks it'll stop 100% of illegal immigration. That's a straw man the pundits make up because they have no argument.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Bicent

Next step will be state of emergency actions

People keep hoping for that. A lot of people thought he was going to do it today in this speech. Were you one of those?

I don't think he will or even has the authority to declare a state of emergency in regards to a border wall not being funded.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

That's surely a fair point and while not quite an equal opposite, still an issue.

Neither side seems to want to address.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join