It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watch Trump's 4 PM Saturday "Major Announcement" Speech Here:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The Dems are going to have to rebel against Pelosi, maybe even start a movement or petition to remove her from speakership. She obviously doesn't care about the humanitarian issues, or the drug trafficking.

There is no compromise in the Democrats... Trump just wants to get it out there over and over. Its the democrats thats keeping this going, and thats really beginning to hurt a lot of federal employees

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
The Dems are going to have to rebel against Pelosi, maybe even start a movement or petition to remove her from speakership. She obviously doesn't care about the humanitarian issues, or the drug trafficking.

I wouldn't count on it. She brings in too much money, which is all they really care about. Money and votes.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Did he just throw the ball into the Dems court?

It has strategically been in their court all along, Nancy has been beating everyone away from it with her almighty hammer.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
The rhetoric of a master con artist, who's best days are behind him... He just comes across as stale and predictable.

Your bias is showing.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cutepants
Well that was anticlimactic. What was the big announcement supposed to be? Why make such a big deal out of it.

To demonstrate that he's willing to negotiate. When the Democrats' counter offer is "$0", that makes them look like they're not willing to compromise. At least to anyone with an objective eye.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:36 PM
link   
He caved and the right wingers are not happy. He just threw away his hard line base and the 2020 election.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
LOL already rejected 🤣

link   
a reply to: Subaeruginosa

The man is willing to negotiate. And he's the President. If you've done your reading you know that border patrol does need this help.

He's offered to help with DACA twice now. Nancy gonna bump her hard head against something harder.

link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: shawmanfromny

How dare you demand me to watch that!

I shall not and instead I shall prepare some meals for next week....
If you had not demanded such a thing I may have watched.

Jokes on you now!

Ummm...obviously you jest...at no point was a demand made...merely a suggestion that you watch...

But you knew that already...you just wanted to go on record stating your true intent...through obfuscation...of course...without actually stating it...

However...your just not very good at that sort of thing...the hollowness of your attempt...rings...nay...echoes with the reverberations of ineptitude...

Which in my view...is a good thing...it means your psyche tends more toward honesty and not obfuscatory behavior...

Orrrrrrr...your psychotic...

Only you and your Doctor can decide which scenario might be factual...and which fiction...

YouSir

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:38 PM
link   
a reply to: face23785

I just think he shouldn't say he has a major announcement to make and then there is no important announcement. It cheapens the Presidential office.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

originally posted by: Tarzan the apeman.
Did he just throw the ball into the Dems court?

It has strategically been in their court all along, Nancy has been beating everyone away from it with her almighty hammer.

That crusty old tart, she isn't gonna fold, but she will look like crap while doing it. Dems still believe in impeachment, thats their holy grail, why negotiate when he is going down. They are just as delusional as they were when they thought Hilliary was gonna win. They are so out of touch with reality

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
He caved and the right wingers are not happy. He just threw away his hard line base and the 2020 election.

If thats true (though it doesnt include me) isnt it funny the dems are still outright rejecting this.

Now which side is refusing to negotiate again?

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Did we watch the same thing? He showed he was willing to acquiesce to some of the Democrats talking point if they would do the same for the Republicans.
If the Dems don't take the deal, a lot of left leaning moderates will find and fund a different party.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What did he even cave on? The plan still asks $5.7 Billion including the border wall. Thats the same number he's been asking for. The only thing added is 3 years extension of DACA which I think most people figured would be included in some sort of deal anyway.

It looked like a rewording of the same thing to me.
edit on 19-1-2019 by trb71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:42 PM
link   

I’m pretty sure it’s the dems who just threw away their base.

Like four year olds in a tantrum.

Adults see straight through it.

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Cutepants

The POTUS making an offer to end the longest partial government shutdown in history is a major announcement by any standard anywhere.

link   

originally posted by: face23785

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
The rhetoric of a master con artist, who's best days are behind him... He just comes across as stale and predictable.

Your bias is showing.

So, when he claimed "that some people say a wall could drop the crime rate and drug smuggling in the US by 50%"... you think he himself actually believes that?

link   

originally posted by: YouSir

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: shawmanfromny

How dare you demand me to watch that!

I shall not and instead I shall prepare some meals for next week....
If you had not demanded such a thing I may have watched.

Jokes on you now!

Ummm...obviously you jest...at no point was a demand made...merely a suggestion that you watch...

But you knew that already...you just wanted to go on record stating your true intent...through obfuscation...of course...without actually stating it...

However...your just not very good at that sort of thing...the hollowness of your attempt...rings...nay...echoes with the reverberations of ineptitude...

Which in my view...is a good thing...it means your psyche tends more toward honesty and not obfuscatory behavior...

Orrrrrrr...your psychotic...

Only you and your Doctor can decide which scenario might be factual...and which fiction...

YouSir

I do not believe that I am psychotic but that is also me being subjective.

In my defense in regards to the user demanding that I watch, just read the title.

The OP title demanded such a thing!
That I will not adhere to.
So instead I will soak some wings and prep some burgers!

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This was the "major announcement"? It was just a reworded rehash of the same ish, different day. That's not "major" nor an "announcement".

posted on Jan, 19 2019 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Not really. Most of the conservatives that I know have been willing to have DACA included in the negotiations. We know that people that were brought here as children are innocent victims. We are willing to look at reasonable options for them. Sure, there are some hardline people that want them all deported but IMO they are a very small minority. Most of the right leaning and moderates are happy with this offer.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join