It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Trump directed Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Isn't that witness tampering? I'm pretty sure it is.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

was it?
Answer this.... why did trump employ this man for over ten years?
Just curious what you think.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If y'all look at the definition of the terms, compared to the actions of the individuals in question.

One can see where the political bs games start, and real criminal conduct begins.

Of course personally, I believe almost all political activity is criminal, when politicians do not act on behalf of their constituents.

My policy is;
Need before greed...
edit on 18-1-2019 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
You should probably read up on it before displaying your partisan ignorance. It the reporting is accurate he’s toast. a reply to: xuenchen

Well Buzzfeed may be toast for false reporting.

www.mediaite.com...

The actual Buzzfeed reporters can't verify their report nor have they seen any evidence of such.

This is the typical BS liberal spin. My sources are 100% rock solid, lmfao.

This is gloriously beautiful, every single leftist libtard are all celebrating, that THIS IS IT.

You fools 🤭

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
You should probably read up on it before displaying your partisan ignorance. It the reporting is accurate he’s toast. a reply to: xuenchen

It's not accurate, at all.

Sorry to burst your bubble. The MSM is working themselves into a sweat over this for no reason other than they want to be sweaty.

Why do I know this?

1) Mueller has known about all of this since September.

2) He could've stopped Trump from picking a Supreme Court nominee.

3) He could've stopped Trump from entering his 3rd year.

4) He didn't.

I'm sorry folks, but you are NOT reading the words of that article carefully. There's no way it can be true.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

he can lie directely to the american people, and HIS SUPPORTERS, but instructing cohen to lie to congress is outside the realm of possiblity to you?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie

he can lie directely to the american people, and HIS SUPPORTERS, but instructing cohen to lie to congress is outside the realm of possiblity to you?

Because nobody knows if it is true or not.

The liberal media isn't trustworthy, at all. Even now, as Friday begans to emerge, the subtle whispers and questions about the buzzfeed article began to get louder 😌

www.mediaite.com...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:16 AM
link   

at the barr hearing -

Amy Klobachar - "you wrote on page one that a president persuading a person to commit perjury would be obstruction, is that right"

Barr - "yes"

he sure looked uncomfortable during her questioning.

god, i hope she runs.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:17 AM
link   
There are many issues I have with this story, some of which have already been addressed.

1. This is from anonymous sources. Remember all of these threads about law enforcement saying Cohen met Russians in Prague and that was a smoking gun? Oops, turns out they werent true.

So until we see more, I thins its ridiculous to say this is the end or people to be calling for impeachment based on this.

2. There are those that would call for Trump impeachment ab0ut anything at all, as we are already seeing. SO to have them now say this is a huge deal rings hollow.

3. This is further proof of the double standards of the FBI and intel agencies, and all of the people who dislike Trump on here pushing this story proves that they know the investigation into hillary was a sham.

How do we know that Trump told Cohen to lie supposedly? Because Cohens office was raided in the middle of the night, evidence was taken that wasnt destoyed when requested, and Cohen was charged with thing to Congress and is looking at three years in prison.

We know Hillary herself and other connected people to her lied to the FBI according to FBI notes, and yet no one was charged. Had they been, perhaps they too would have flipped on other people leading to more charges like them being instructed to lie.

And what about all of the other people who lied to congress? Clapper, Comey, etc. Perhaps had they been charged, they would have had incentive to flip on people who possiblyinstructed them to lie.

This is just more examples of the corruption and double standards of the intel community, going after Trump[ by any means necessary while letting others off for the exact same crime.

4. Cohen a known liar, and so how can we take his word on this? If there is actual phyiscal eviodence like texts or recordings of Trump specifically saying to lie to ccongress, that will be one thing. But if its just Cohens word, a man who is desperately trying to get as little jail time as possible, then it doesnt seem to be that credible.

5. What was the lie about? Well Cohen told the truth about the Mocow business deal, a totlly legal deal btw, he just told the wrong dates, saying the deal ended in January, when in reality it went into June.

Thats the lie we are discussing? Granted, all lies are bad, but this lie, about the dates on a totally legal business deal hardly seems to be a big deal.

Conversely, how many times have Presidents probably told there people to lie to congress about all sorts of things?

Is telling someone to lie about non criminal activity a reason to impeach?

If so I have no problem with it. I would like the precedent to be from here forward that anyone who lie to congress to be given three years in prison, and if any elected official told them to lie, they get impeached. It doesnt matter what the lie is over, if you like your doctor you can keep it, irs targeting, benghazi was about a video, etc.

Lets start by charging Comey and Clapper with there lies to congress, as well as Mills and Aedin with their lies to the FBI, and see who they flip on.

edit on 18-1-2019 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Just for the record;

You cannot charge a president with obstruction of justice for exercising his constitutional power

www.google.com...

Remembered when;
Before Trump fired Comey, these Democrats wanted him out
www.google.com... -dismissal-20170510-story,amp.html

Democrats cry foul over Comey firing after previously calling for him to resign

www.google.com...=47352885

Comey was already on the chopping block...duh

Of course these days there is so much propaganda that people can't see the different between factual news and fake news. That's the point.

/Quote
For decades, a so-called anti-propaganda law prevented the U.S. government’s mammoth broadcasting arm from delivering programming to American audiences. But on July 2 (2013), that came silently to an end with the implementation of a new reform passed in January. The result: an unleashing of thousands of hours per week of government-funded radio and TV programs for domestic U.S. consumption in a reform initially criticized as a green light for U.S. domestic propaganda efforts. So what just happened?

www.google.com...

As for the FBI assistance of propaganda proliferation, those involved are going to be charged with violating the Smith–Mundt Act.
Search it.

www.congress.gov...
edit on 18-1-2019 by ADVISOR because: For to add a letter

edit on 18-1-2019 by ADVISOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

michael cohen is not one of the sources.

suburnation of perjury
obstruction of justice
conspiracy

3 felony offenses. oh boyeee....

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:24 AM
link   
If he intructed Cohen to lie to Congress, he would've had to count on all the others who knew and were involved in the business dealings in Russia. It means they all lied too.

There's no way all of them would've lied to Congress, or the SC, like Kushner, Don Jr. and other lawyers. I really don't know who all knew at the time.

Also, he was Trump's lawyer. He was supposed to be giving legal advice to Trump. It's a very stupid lawyer who lets a client tell him lie under oath.

It's a buncha bull#.

Now, the House Intelligence Committee wants to investigate this Buzzfeed article. Sounds familiar...exactly how the dossier story went.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:32 AM
link   
A lawyer got caught lying, then says my client told me to do it, and people believe it?

It's like when kids get caught and are in trouble and say another kid told them to do it.

I'm guilty, but I was only following orders.

Yep, they're gonna bring down a president with this folks.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:35 AM
link   

a reply to: Grambler

michael cohen is not one of the sources.

suburnation of perjury
obstruction of justice
conspiracy

3 felony offenses. oh boyeee....
No, just two Anons and that's literally all you got, ready to eat crow again? Oh boyeee the meltdown will be epic.

link   
a reply to: knoxie

Insubordination, is not a felony it is defiance of authority; refusal to obey orders. It's only a crime under Article 91 of the UCMJ

Perjury, can be a felony, but isn't usually. It is the intentional act of swearing a false oath or falsifying an affirmation to tell the truth.

Conspiracy, is a misdemeanor not a felony. It involves more than one person planning to commit a crime.

So you have one possible felony, not three.
Please check the facts before spouting off.

link   

what about the video a few posts up?

the one where he says he never had business dealing with russians..

in your opinion, would plans to open a trump tower moscow be considered business dealing with russians? lol

No deal was ever made. Discussing the possibility of a deal isn't the same as having a business deal.
In the business world, until you have something in writing, you don't have anything.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Hmmm... Well, this is interesting:

As is this:

Colour me shocked.
edit on 18-1-2019 by Rewey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

what would you call "plans to open a trump tower" then?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler

5. What was the lie about? Well Cohen told the truth about the Mocow business deal, a totlly legal deal btw, he just told the wrong dates, saying the deal ended in January, when in reality it went into June.

Thats the lie we are discussing? Granted, all lies are bad, but this lie, about the dates on a totally legal business deal hardly seems to be a big deal.

About this. It occurs to me that you can legitimately disagree about when discussions ended. It's not like there's some kind of "deal ending" ceremony, where the high priest of business proclaims that discussions are over.

Perhaps Trump gave up on the project in January, but a few e-mails were still exchanged over the next few months. I can see where Trump, Cohen, and others might have legitimate disagreement about when the discussions officially ended. (Because really there's no such thing as an 'official' end to the discussions.)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Well if the Trump children received regularly updates on the project there should be no problem producing actual evidence of it.

Unnamed sources usually amounts to diddly squat.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join