It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Trump directed Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

he defendant has provided, and has committed to continue to provide, relevant and truthful information to the SCO in an effort to assist with the investigation. The defendant has met with the SCO for seven proffer sessions, many of them lengthy, and continues to make himself available to investigators. His statements beginning with the second meeting with the SCO have been credible, and he has taken care not to overstate his knowledge or the role of others in the conduct under investigation.

and this

However, the defendant has made substantial and significant efforts to remediate his misconduct, accept responsibility for his actions, and assist the SCO’s investigation. Accordingly, the Government respectfully submits that the Court should give due consideration to the defendant’s efforts set forth above and that it would be appropriate to allow the defendant to serve any sentence imposed in this case concurrently with any sentence imposed in United States v. Cohen, 18-cr-602 (WHP).

which you are correct does not specify no jail time but does suggest that if there is any time to be served it be concurrent with any time he gets in the case in SDNY. So that means no additional jail time.
Mueller doesnt get to sentence him. That is up to the judge.
And there were two sentencing filings in this case as you may know.
One by Mueller and One by the Judge overseeing the case.
www.vox.com...

this includes the documents in question.
edit on 1182019 by Sillyolme because: oops

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Came here just to read the excuses and you guys are disappointing me. At this point ATS is a comedy site. Doesn't even seem like the admins care anymore based on how many ads pop up. This is just a cash grab for them, and a circle jerk for Trump supporters. All you guys have our excuses and distractions and deflections. For some reason you haven't figured out that that doesn't work on thinking adults. At this point it doesn't matter if Trump gets impeached. He'll be a two year lame duck president as nothing he wants to do will pass.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
It does seem odd that Cohen has not already said he was told to lie by Trump.
He's been on tour (not in jail yet) doing interviews and live TV, yet he's never mentioned it before. That strikes me as odd. His lie to Congress about the timing of the Russian Hotel discussion is not a new reveal and it got him in trouble.

Cohen admitted he lied to reporters but never said at the time of the admission that Trump directed him to lie. Why? Doesn't make sense, especially as he was on TV talking about trump directing him to make payments to Stormy Daniels.

If it is true, there is probably only one valid reason he has not mentioned it (Mueller told him not to, which would be ominous for Trump). Or maybe it's just BS and never happened, which is why Cohen has never mentioned it.

edit on 18/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

We know trump told everyone to lie about the trump tower meeting... Hope Hicks told us that in her own congressional testimony...why wouldnt he tell Cohen to lie to congress as well.

Let's stop pretending that this would be out of character for trump. It's not. It's more a modus operandi.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
It does seem odd that Cohen has not already said he was told to lie by Trump.
He's been on tour (not in jail yet) doing interviews and live TV, yet he's never mentioned it before. That strikes me as odd.

Standard practice when a witness is part of a larger investigation that has not concluded or been made public.

This is an investigation that is ongoing.

The fact he lied to congress was publicly known. The fact that Trump directed him to is a different Felony committed by someone that has not been indicted (impeached) yet.

edit on 18-1-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

I don't care about your opinions on Trump. They are not relevant to the discussion.

My question is about why Cohen hasn't revealed this already. He's already admitted he lied about the timing of the hotel discussion to Congress, yet never said anything about Trump directing him... until the Buzzfeed story broke.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

That's what i was alluding to in my post.

But as far as I am aware there is an ongoing investigation in the Stormy Daniels case too.. yet Cohen mentioned Trump directed him to make those payments.

The other consideration is that even if true, lying to Congress doesn't seem to be prosecuted these days, so asking someone to lie to Congress would be a bit a stretch to prosecute, despite it technically being a crime to do so.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:37 AM
link   

My question is about why Cohen hasn't revealed this already.

Why hasn't Rick Gates revealed what he knows?

Cohen's public sharing is fenced in by any open matters he is cooperating on with Special Counsel or DOJ.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Cohen's public sharing is fenced in by any open matters he is cooperating on with Special Counsel or DOJ.

Maybe Gates doesn't know anything beyond what he already spilled on Manafort.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Maybe Gates doesn't know anything beyond what he already spilled on Manafort.

Rick Gates sentencing date was just extended 6 months, AFTER Manafort has been thoroughly indicted, with Special Counsel explaining to the judge that he is providing significant insight into multiple different ongoing investigations.

Either way, Cohen is not likely to help Trump by disclosing avenues the Special Counsel or FBI are pursuing.

Thus Buzzfeed citing two Senior Law Enforcement Officials.

What interests me is that is not Special Counsel and Special Counsel has been water tight.

This came from a separate "Trump Tower Moscow" investigation by DOJ or FBI, not Special Counsel, though naturally whatever FBI/DOJ finds they share with Special Counsel and apparently Buzzfeed reporters.

Why the leak from DOJ/FBI?

It could be a heads up to POTUS to get his story straight before this lands.
It could be that DOJ determined not to go public with it because there policy is to not indict a sitting President and some of the agents felt upset it was going to go nowhere.
Also odd Trump hasn't publicly denied it yet?

edit on 18-1-2019 by Extorris because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 01:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Sleep well knowing this, and when you wake up tomorrow afternoon, I hope you aren't looking forward to seeing what happened to Trump.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Breaking News:

Anthony Cormier admits he has not seen any evidence, and CNN
reveals he has a checkered past in reporting as well as Jason Leopold.

n 2002, Salon.com removed a story Leopold had written as a freelancer for the site. Salon said that as it investigated a piece he wrote about Enron, including an allegation of plagiarism against him, Leopold "distributed an account of events" that was "riddled with inaccuracies and misrepresentations." Ultimately Salon said it "reluctantly had to conclude" Leopold's piece carried "an instance of plagiarism," despite his strong denials.

"I have a checkered past, and I was hoping that by coming clean about my own past, it would allow me to move forward," Leopold wrote, according to a 2005 article in The Washington Post.

www.cnn.com...

So in other words....the story is fake news.

edit on 18-1-2019 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: burntheships
Breaking News:

n 2002, Salon.com removed a story Leopold had written as a freelancer for the site. Salon said that as it investigated a piece he wrote about Enron, including an allegation of plagiarism against him, Leopold "distributed an account of events" that was "riddled with inaccuracies and misrepresentations." Ultimately Salon said it "reluctantly had to conclude" Leopold's piece carried "an instance of plagiarism," despite his strong denials.

"I have a checkered past, and I was hoping that by coming clean about my own past, it would allow me to move forward," Leopold wrote, according to a 2005 article in The Washington Post.

www.cnn.com...

Anthony Cormier is a Pulitzer Prize winner who compared to Trump is Jesus Christ

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

Sleep well knowing this, and when you wake up tomorrow afternoon, I hope you aren't looking forward to seeing what happened to Trump.

Knowing what?

What is your point?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Breaking News:

www.cnn.com...

Leopold's low-water mark was when he wrote an article claiming that Karl Rove was about to be indicted. It was very well-written and very convincing. It even included the federal case number against Rove.

It was also completely bogus. There was no indictment pending, and Leopold didn't have any inside source.

Add in the plagiarism mentioned above, and his admitted coc aine habit, and I'm left wondering why anyone talks him seriously. Actually, I know why: because his story fits the narrative.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Breaking News:

www.cnn.com...

Anthony Cormier is a Pulitzer Prize winner who compared to Trump is Jesus Christ

Then why is he working with the Stormy Daniels of journalism?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
roflol Cohen lying because it was his own idea 😎

You know this how? Please enlighten us.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:21 PM
link   
THis comes up, and then Cohen shows up with a slinged up arm and black eye, looks like Mueller is back to his Boston Whitey Bulger tactics

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Hate to break it to you but this story is falling apart fast.

Buzzfeed Journalist Admits No We Have Not Seen the Evidence Supporting Our ReportBuzzfeed Journalist Admits No We Have Not Seen the Evidence Supporting Our Report

Camerota asked Cormier of the “dubious past” of his co-author Jason Leopold who came under scrutiny for faulting reporting for Salon 2002 that led to an article getting removed. In 2006 he incorrectly reported that Karl Rove had been indicted. “He was in trouble for perhaps claiming to have sources he really didn’t have. His stories didn’t wash. Executive directors and editors have had to apologize after some of his big blockbuster stories,” Camerota noted, before asking” How can you be certain today?”

So what we have here is two discredited so called journalists who
claim they heard a leak from the Mueller probe.

Fake News!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Exactly, this story is just manufactured BS from the same outlet
that brought us the discredited pee papers.

Desperate people will do desperate things.

"Hillary Lost and we cant get over it"

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join