It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Trump directed Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
Careful your desperation is showing

Careful your fear is showing.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:40 AM
link   
Remember when Cohen's office was raided by the FBI out of the blue? They knew Cohen wasn't perfect, what lawyer is? That was so they can get leverage again'st him. So they can threaten him with years of jail time, or convince him to lie about Trump so he can get less time. That's how it works in the big leagues.
edit on 18-1-2019 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Cassi3l
a reply to: Willtell
a reply to: BlackJackal
Guys, if it ain't on Fox News, it' simply ain't true
at least to the Donaldinas, that is...

Fox News...lol! Just another CNN with a different name. We don’t need any news channel to point out common sense.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: More1ThanAny1
Remember when Cohen's office was raided by the FBI out of the blue? They knew Cohen wasn't perfect, what lawyer is? That was so they can get leverage again'st him. So they can threaten him with years of jail time, or convince him to lie about Trump so he can get less time. That's how it works in the big leagues.

Might not some of that stuff they got from Cohen's office also have implicated Trump?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: XAnarchistX
Anyone who thinks Trump doesn't lie or hasn't lied or won't lie again is being willfully ignorant

Trump lies? What?

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Not likely. That's not how billionaires operate. With Trump's money you don't trust anyone with any of your secrets, especially a lawyer. Or you will lose everything.

If a billionaire wanted to do something even remotely incriminating then they pay someone, to pay someone, to pay someone, to pay someone to do their dirty work. You use enough proxies so that the lowest person doesn't know who their boss is, and the highest person doesn't even know what the money is for, and its difficult to be legally connected to anything the lowest guy does even if you follow the money.

They always set up reasonable doubt about the true purpose of the originating funds, and claim one of proxies was corrupted by greed if things go south. You know, a fall guy.

edit on 18-1-2019 by More1ThanAny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Trump has already said he was discussing the deal with Russia during the election - he talked about it in Nov 2018 to the press.
This story is also a rehash. In fact the reporters were asking Trump in November if he instructed Cohen to lie.

I believe Trump's words in November were along the lines of "I may not have won the election, so of course I was continuing with options for my business". Seems reasonable.

Now, if he did ask Cohen to lie, I am not sure where that leaves him. Is it a crime to ask someone to lie to Congress? I genuinely don't know. If it is AND there is written evidence of that (not just Cohen saying it or anyone else saying it), then Trump should be punished for it. The route for that is to impeach and if he is removed from office, to prosecute then.

EDIT : So William Barr, the new AG going through confirmation has told Congress that it is an obstruction of justice to coerce someone to lie to Congress. That means, if texts and memo's really do show Trump telling Cohen to lie to Congress - or if there is a recording - then it means Trump is done. He would undoubtedly be impeached and removed. Of course, the nature of the texts/memo's/recordings will be important in that determination. Interestingly, Acting AG Whittaker's wife has told a reporter that the SC is winding down... maybe they got this and finally have something, therefore are finishing up even though it is nothing to do with Russian Collusion?
edit on 18/1/2019 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: dasman888
He told Cohen to lie about a deal that was never officially entered into?

Yeah... sounds legit... LOL

(SARC)

The deal was entered into.

Trump even went to Russia and ran a beauty pageant in the hope that he could rope Putin in to it (before Trump was a candidate).

It just didn't come off.

So Trump, who is supposedly Putin's pet, doesn't even get a Trump hotel in Moscow as a reward for becoming President?

That make total sense.........not.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

REMINDER: Cohen is reporting to PRISON in March for 3 years, in part, for LYING UNDER OATH.

Yes indeed. But I'm sure someone will explain why we're supposed to take his word this time.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

So William Barr, the new AG going through confirmation has told Congress that it is an obstruction of justice to coerce someone to lie to Congress. That means, if texts and memo's really do show Trump telling Cohen to lie to Congress - or if there is a recording - then it means Trump is done. He would undoubtedly be impeached and removed.

I have no idea who Michael Beschloss is, but this tid bit of history has been flying around intertubes.

edit on 18-1-2019 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:40 AM
link   
a reply to: rickymouse

nobody ever denied that

Except trump that is.... give us all a break.

edit on 1182019 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

I never got any further than "wow thats rich" before I could smell the whataboutism.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Trump's lies are his truths.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

lying right to their face.. they don't care.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:50 AM
link   

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.

Ugh, yeah.... no, that's a lie. And I mean that in the best possible way.

Buzzfeed is twisting words here, folks.

There is NO evidence of Trump DIRECTING Cohen to lie, as that paragraph would suggest. In fact, that paragraph, as written, states that Mueller has company emails, text messages and a cache of other documents detailing how Trump told told Cohen to lie.

BULL#.

If Trump did tell Cohen to lie, he wouldn't do it a thousand times in texts, emails and other documents as well.

Again, Buzzfeed is twisting words here in the worst form of journalistic lying.

I do not doubt that Cohen did lie, and that there are documents, company emails and texts to show that the building request wasn't backed out of at the exact time and date Cohen told Congress, but in no way do they have a treasure trove of files with TRUMP'S SPECIFIC ORDERS to lie over and over again, as the article suggests.

It's such a travesty, modern journalism.

Did you know that one of the idiots who wrote this article was a Pulitzer Prize winner? I don't think that award means much anymore, sadly.
edit on 18-1-2019 by Tempter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Reminder.... that has nothing to do with anything...
No one thinks he's a stand up guy you know...
We still think he's # and getting what he deserves.
Now he's a # and a rat.
But I think that Mueller has the proof so it really doesnt matter.
The question is why did everyone believe him when he said no collusion but do not believe him now...
I never believed anything he said and my integrity is intact. You guys are bouncing around like a ping pong ball at the youth hall.
Michael's great... Michael's a liar... Michael stands up for trump.... Michael is a traitor...

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

what about the video a few posts up?

the one where he says he never had business dealing with russians..

in your opinion, would plans to open a trump tower moscow be considered business dealing with russians? lol

edit on 18-1-2019 by knoxie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   
You should probably read up on it before displaying your partisan ignorance. It the reporting is accurate he’s toast. a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
a reply to: Tempter

what about the video a few posts up?

the one where he says he never had business dealing with russians..

in your opinion, would plans to open a trump tower moscow be considered business dealing with russians? lol

Oh, hahaha, "lol", as you put it.

It doesn't matter what Trump told the public, only what he told the Special Counsel in writing.

posted on Jan, 18 2019 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Flip not lie. a reply to: More1ThanAny1

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join