It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING NEWS: Trump directed Cohen To Lie To Congress About The Moscow Tower Project

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:03 PM
link   

President Donald Trump directed his longtime attorney Michael Cohen to lie to Congress about negotiations to build a Trump Tower in Moscow, according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter. Trump also supported a plan, set up by Cohen, to visit Russia during the presidential campaign, in order to personally meet President Vladimir Putin and jump-start the tower negotiations. “Make it happen,” the sources said Trump told Cohen. And even as Trump told the public he had no business deals with Russia, the sources said Trump and his children, Ivanka and Donald Trump Jr., received regular, detailed updates about the real estate development from Cohen, whom they put in charge of the project.

link

It looks like Buzzeed will be the Woodward and Bernstein, the two WAPO reporters who were foremost in reporting Nixon’s Watergate crimes, as this breaking news revels tonight.

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents. Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office.
This revelation is not the first evidence to suggest the president may have attempted to obstruct the FBI and special counsel investigations into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election.
But Cohen's testimony marks a significant new frontier: It is the first known example of Trump explicitly telling a subordinate to lie directly about his own dealings with Russia.

It looks like Mueller is zeroing in on sure impeachment offenses against Donald Trump.

edit on 17-1-2019 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

+12 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

roflol Cohen lying because it was his own idea 😎

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:10 PM
link   

It looks like Mueller is zeroing in on sure impeachment offenses against Donald Trump.

When is that going to happen? I've been hearing Mueller was going to get Trump for two years now; I'm starting to think it's never going to happen.

link   

When is that going to happen? I've been hearing Mueller was going to get Trump for two years now; I'm starting to think it's never going to happen.

link   
Wasnt just Cohen saying it " multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents."

I take it with a grain of salt currently because its Buzzfeed that would be about game, set, match atleast when it comes to obstruction of Justice if this can be vetted and proven true. I'd also like to go on record stating I expect to see heat being put on William Barr very quickly by right wing media, and Trump's inner circle because of not only him not talking badly about Mueller in the hearing, but a memo he wrote in June directed to Mueller stating essentially if The President directed anyone to lie during the investigation he like anyone else would have commited Obstruction.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Careful your desperation is showing

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Maybe
Perhaps
Could be

Lol
What a chump story

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:17 PM
link   
He told Cohen to lie about a deal that was never officially entered into?

Yeah... sounds legit... LOL

(SARC)

(post by RazorV66 removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:19 PM
link   
"BREAKING NEWS - Cohen is a liar"

That's rich...

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:20 PM
link   

edit on 17-1-2019 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: dasman888
He told Cohen to lie about a deal that was never officially entered into?

Yeah... sounds legit... LOL

(SARC)

The deal was entered into.

Trump even went to Russia and ran a beauty pageant in the hope that he could rope Putin in to it (before Trump was a candidate).

It just didn't come off.

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:24 PM
link   
You'd have thought by now the anti-trump types wouldnt fall for the bs

according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter

any more..

how many times have you guys been burnt by this?

'' Trumps gone ''
'' He's finished ''
'' See, he's corrupt ''

only for it to dissolve because its total horsecrap time and time again

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:25 PM
link   

... and the evidence and solid proof would be ... the usual cross-eyed Trump hating democrats having a joint session in a clinton funded fakenews station?

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

It’s not.

It’s what you call a nothingburger.

Mueller is there for optics. Trump has been using all of this to his advantage even though folks with TDS can’t see it.

Confirmation bias is strong in this country.

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: trb71
Wasnt just Cohen saying it " multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents."

I take it with a grain of salt currently because its Buzzfeed that would be about game, set, match atleast when it comes to obstruction of Justice if this can be vetted and proven true. I'd also like to go on record stating I expect to see heat being put on William Barr very quickly by right wing media, and Trump's inner circle because of not only him not talking badly about Mueller in the hearing, but a memo he wrote in June directed to Mueller stating essentially if The President directed anyone to lie during the investigation he like anyone else would have commited Obstruction.

They can't understand you when you mention stuff like evidence and testimonies and convictions.

They know, you see.

I suspect Trump speaks lovingly into their brains by telepathy because there is no other way that they could have any actual knowledge of the truthfulness and factuality of the case, when they reject the accumulating evidence, numerous testimonies and rational assessment of motivations.

That is because only their notions are real and the rest of the world is an annoying buzz.

LOL

edit on 17/1/2019 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:43 PM
link   
According to the article, this is not just Cohen but from multiple sources

The special counsel’s office learned about Trump’s directive for Cohen to lie to Congress through interviews with multiple witnesses from the Trump Organization and internal company emails, text messages, and a cache of other documents.Cohen then acknowledged those instructions during his interviews with that office. This revelation is not the first evidence to suggest the president may have attempted to obstruct the FBI and special counsel investigations into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election. But Cohen's testimony marks a significant new frontier: It is the first known example of Trump explicitly telling a subordinate to lie directly about his own dealings with Russia.

link

This is big!

(post by BlackJackal removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Trump aught to resign, he’s done. He should make a deal where he and his family members DON’T TO ANY JAIL if he resigns.

Trump is finished, he’s got two crimes alone connected to Cohen now documented. The bribery of those woman and now this, suborning perjury-- two felonies.
First, Trump should fire Giuliani who doesn’t have his interest at heart. He is a deep state operator, we know that from his 911 connections.

Just recall all the “mistakes” he has made. Just yesterday he admitted publicly that some people in Trump’s campaign were in collusion.

Giuliani IS NOT ON TRUMPS SIDE

posted on Jan, 17 2019 @ 10:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Agit8dChop
You'd have thought by now the anti-trump types wouldnt fall for the bs

according to two federal law enforcement officials involved in an investigation of the matter

any more..

how many times have you guys been burnt by this?

'' Trumps gone ''
'' He's finished ''
'' See, he's corrupt ''

only for it to dissolve because its total horsecrap time and time again

How many times will the Trump supporters attempt to minimize reporting techniques that have been used for generations?

Remember Watergate? Remember Iran-Contra? Both of those scandals involved many many reports that involved "secret sources". Hell, in Watergate deepthroat ended up being the Associate Director of the FBI Mark Felt. Just because the source is not revealed does not mean that the reporting is not true.

But, I get it, history never happened today is the only thing that matters, Trump can do no wrong.......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join