It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Federal Government Employees Working For Free is a Hyped-up LIE.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

That's not the point, continuing resolutions are cause no one want to pass a budget this is the real cause of shut downs if congress feels like not executing a resolution or a party want to get their way in a matter. DJT is trying to force the dems on the allocations of funds for the wall. I think he is trying to flex presidential power here like other presidents have in the past. 5 billion is not as much as most think. I am a government contractor and I am on a contract were the Navy will spend that much in a year. A Year!!!!!

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

Ah, another uniformed, low information ATS poster who has no idea how the US federal budget works. DO you know what and allocations is?

Looks like you don't.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 07:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Pyle

Getting back pay isnt the same as getting a pay check on time.

That is an accurate, common-sense statement.

But what isn't common sense is trump supporters making light of the American working mans hardships during the shut down.

They love it. Especially because According to Stars and Stripes, an estimated 155,000 veterans work in agencies affected by the shutdown, 50,000 of them with a disability rating. Source

We all Know how the Donald (bone-spurs) really feels about the military....

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I went 16 weeks once because of a paper screwup and it was tough but i was a single person so the creditors didn't believe me.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: MorpheusUSA

lol... I don't think I've ever heard a president say that he'd keep the gov't shut down for months, maybe years, if he didn't get his pet project funded. ..
the people acting like this is no big deal need to ask themselves how long would they be willing to go without a paycheck before they would stop working, if they are, and go find another job.. don't expect any more from the gov't workers. and quit acting like they are "useless eaters" living on your dime!! alot of those workers are working to keep america safe, safe from toxins that companies would be more than happy do dump into our environment if it wasn't for the EPA watching over them, safe from terrorists, drug smugglers that the TSA, Coast Guard, FBI, ect watch out for. Safe from the planes that could possibly fall out of the sky without the Traffic Controllers and the Inspectors that make sure the planes are safe.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

I don't think I've ever heard a president say that he'd keep the gov't shut down for months, maybe years, if he didn't get his pet project funded

cause he cant
congress passes bills
potus can veto
congress can override the veto

congress needs to do its job.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: NightFlight

Are they unemployed?..I think not.

Sorry, but you are wrong. According to this website, it all depends on the state you live in. Here in SC, a furloughed Government worker *may* receive unemployment benefits if certain criteria are met. I know of several that have applied and received UB after a one week wait or "grace period".

Federal Unemployment / Furlough...

So who is lying?

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:03 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

lol can't argue with that one... but McConnell is refusing to bring anything up for a vote unless it has trump's support, and trump isn't gonna support anything unless he gets whatever it is that he wants...
so, we're back to the "it could be a month, it could be years" who knows....

it wouldn't surprise me if the next scandal to hit washington has the headline:
"Republican Congressmen arrested for breaking into White House wanting to steal their balls from Trump's desk drawer."

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: NightFlight

Sorry, but you are wrong. According to this website, it all depends on the state you live in. Here in SC, a furloughed Government worker *may* receive unemployment benefits

No. Absolutely correct. They are still employed . In most states one can receive unemployment benefits if they are furloughed or put on short time by their employer

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

They Will All Receive " Back Pay " when the Government Eventually Reopens . Hopefully some of them in the mean time will find work in the Private Sector considering the President has Created Many Opportunities there .

My cousin works for the IRS. She is currently not working, but will be required to go back to work on the 28th, without pay, until further notice. After the last shutdown it took 2 months after the government opening back up to receive her back pay. They also have to get approval, from people who aren't there right now to approve it. To work any other job. All federal jobs work this way. I employ a lot of air force folks looking for part time jobs. They have to get it approved as well.

Anyway, she is now at a month without pay. Say this goes on for another month, and it takes 2 months to get the back pay again. That's 4 months without a paycheck. I would bet a lot of money that 99% of middle class Americans aren't prepared for that.

This OP is ignorant and cold hearted.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: rickymouse

every year there's a gov't shutdown, the gov't knows when the money is due to run out. the gov't should be prepared for that date AND HAVE MONEY APPROPRIATED TO PREVENT THE SHUTDOWN!!!

and, I am really getting rather tired with people sitting there blaming people for "overspending"... like you just know that all these people just overspent over the holiday season. like you all know that they all have the best cellphones and all the luxuries of life that they overspent on. it's a copout yous try far too many times...
anyone complaining they can't afford to live on a near minimum wage have the best cell phones in the world, cable tv along with hbo and cinimax, and they are treating themselves to steak every other day!!
why don't you come out and say, we don't care enough to look at a problem and actually work on a solution based on the facts?

It's not just government employees that are spending beyond their means, there are all kinds of people doing this.

The vast majority of government employees do prepare for this shutdown, but the media is just showing people who don't prepare for the future, maybe five percent of government workers in this case. There are legitimate concerns, when a workers family member is sick and the costs of medical are high, those people can't control how their money is flying out there window into the window of the medical trade. The feds do have decent benefits though and the policy they have does cover for the quarter of the shutdown, past March it may be a problem.

The government jobs are decent paying and have benefits. But all people need to live within their means, it makes life less stressful. I know about ten people who had government jobs, half of them did well with managing their money, some blew everything they had on expensive vacations to treat themselves, they also ate out a lot and lived paycheck to paycheck. These people who feel they are entitled are the ones that can have problems, they reward themselves for working by blowing the money on frivilous things. It is not limited to government jobs.

How do I know this? I myself was entitled years ago, I was trapped into that practice. The wife and I worked and we figured we would go out to the best restaurants to eat the tastiest food since we were making decent money. If we would have only comprehended that we could both have retired ten years earlier if we had managed our money better. Hindsight is so much better than foresight. On top of that, the restaurant food we were eating, and of course the best tasting highly prepared foods, actually was hurting our health. Now we eat way better and only treat ourselves to junk food and prepared foods about twenty percent of our diet.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:31 AM
link   
And you should be thanking Democrat’s for that as they passed the measure allowing it to happen . It might be worth noting (for anyone who isn’t a rwnj) that it was only republicans voted against the measure. Not surprising. When you need someone to have your back don’t count on the republicans.

thehill.com...

. a reply to: carewemust

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

lol can't argue with that one... but McConnell is refusing to bring anything up for a vote unless it has trump's support, and trump isn't gonna support anything unless he gets whatever it is that he wants...
so, we're back to the "it could be a month, it could be years" who knows....

it wouldn't surprise me if the next scandal to hit washington has the headline:
"Republican Congressmen arrested for breaking into White House wanting to steal their balls from Trump's desk drawer."

seems to me it is the dems balls trump has taken;
he has wizard powers stopping them from passing a bill in the house and then taking it to the senate and to the people;
like the media wouldn't plaster that everywhere

edit on 15/1/2019 by shooterbrody because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:37 AM
link   
If only congress could do something.....

Dems fly to Puerto Rico on chartered jet, meet with lobbyists, see 'Hamilton' as shutdown drags on

kind of hard when they are not even in DC

Despite a partial government shutdown with no end in sight, about 30 Democratic members of Congress traveled to Puerto Rico this weekend -- with their families and lobbyists -- for a winter retreat where they also planned to see a special performance of the hit Broadway show “Hamilton.”

seems it is business as usual

Around 109 lobbyists and corporate executives are named in a memo welcoming the guests, which include some from prominent Washington firms, R.J. Reynolds, Facebook, Comcast, Amazon, PhRMA, Microsoft, Intel, Verizon, and unions like the National Education Association.

and 25% of the government remains shut down with employees on furlough and some not getting paid.....

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

They Will All Receive " Back Pay " when the Government Eventually Reopens . Hopefully some of them in the mean time will find work in the Private Sector considering the President has Created Many Opportunities there .

This OP is ignorant and cold hearted.

Go re-read it. I was stating a fact.

Government employees are being compensated. They just haven't experienced the payday that delivers that compensation to their bank yet. It's delayed. It's the life they chose. Same thing happened in 2013.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Was a vote imminent? Are any of these people DNC leadership that would be involved in budget discussions? If not, why does it matter if they were in DC?

Besides, haven't we been told time and time again by Trump supporters that it's not hard to work while on vacation? I mean that's the excuse they give when Trump has already spent nearly as much money on vacations in less than two years than Obama did in eight.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Was a vote imminent?

not unless they can take one from the beach

Are any of these people DNC leadership that would be involved in budget discussions?

are only DNC leaders responsible for doing the peoples business?
or only trump?

If not, why does it matter if they were in DC?

because they do not care that the government is currently shut down?

Besides, haven't we been told time and time again by Trump supporters that it's not hard to work while on vacation?

I haven't perhaps your mileage is different?

I mean that's the excuse they give when Trump has already spent nearly as much money on vacations in less than two years than Obama did in eight.

oh now trump writes laws?
rich
nice "but obama" btw

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:49 AM
link   
If you have a full time job, and missing one paycheck causes you to go into financial tailspin, that says more about you and your complete lack of a financial clue than anything happening in the government.

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

LOL what? What vacations has Trump taken since hes been in office? I cant think of one...

posted on Jan, 15 2019 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok
a reply to: Phage

Phage,

Government jobs are known to be well-paid and higher than minimum wage in most cases. If people have these jobs and live paycheck-to-paycheck, then they are living far beyond their means. I understand some people (not all) have no choice, but when I see everyone of these workers that I know with internet, newest cell phones, upgraded cars and trucks, new clothes, well-fed, ...

Some of these folks even have refrigerators! Total con-artists amirite!?!
edit on 03am19famTue, 15 Jan 2019 09:52:26 -0600America/ChicagoTue, 15 Jan 2019 09:52:26 -0600 by Wayfarer because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join