It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone understand ASMR videos?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:03 PM
link   
You know when you were a kid and you tried to explain something cool to your parents and they just
didn't get it. Well ASMR is that to me, and I just don't get it.

It's not just popular, it's wildly popular.
I watched a couple of different videos and I don't get it, if anything the sounds are super annoying.
I am reading comments that some people can't go to sleep without listening. Some people
get a brain tickle! What on earth, a brain tickle from annoying sounds?

The whispering is absolutely the worst. Seriously, try to listen to the whispering for more than a minute, it makes me cringe!
Have aliens already implanted something into these people? Is this how they are going to divide the people, ASMR ready and
us old regular hearing folks?
Some say there is a sexual undertone, I don't see/hear that either.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Very strange, never heard of it before. What does ASMR stand for?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:09 PM
link   

UMMMMM WTF is this nonsense?!?

Super weird man. I couldn't make it past a min without pulling some hair out.
How did ya come across such an odd thing?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LookingAtMars

Very strange, never heard of it before. What does ASMR stand for?

autonomous sensory meridian response
www.huffingtonpost.com.au...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou

UMMMMM WTF is this nonsense?!?

Super weird man. I couldn't make it past a min without pulling some hair out.
How did ya come across such an odd thing?

It is huge with the young folk, especially within the youtube community.
I then saw a segment about it on the news.

www.thinkwithgoogle.com...
ASMR videos are the biggest YouTube trend you've never heard of

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Does anyone understand ASMR videos?

Whoa, that caused a severe flashback from an old bad acid and Ripple journey to hell I once experienced.

Autonomous sensory meridian response indeed....I got the memo and once was enough.
edit on 14-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
A foley wet dream!

It didn't bother me or excite me in any way.
I think that the sexual part (if there is any) would be sexy-ish hands doing this, and the soothing quietness of it all.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:23 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Probably more the Ripple than anything else.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:37 PM
link   
a reply to: recrisp

A foley wet dream!

I love me some foley...."Car wheels on a Gravel road"

www.epicsound.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I've noticed that ASMR results vary greatly which age, which is interesting in itself. If u don't mind JAG, what's your age neighborhood?

Bc you're right, its huge with milennials and younger while the older folks seem to have no interest.

As for me, I'm late 30's and tend to get the sensory responses to many of these videos ( many of them I do find obnoxious and somewhat irritating though.) But the "brain tingling" is certainly there.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
That is just strange... I can honestly say that the sounds give me chills up my back. Not in a good way, more like nails on a chalkboard way, just less intense. Even when not watching what is going on, it still does it. Weird... Not something that I would want to listen to for more than a couple of minutes.

How for into the video is the whispering? I am not willing to listen to it all just to find it. LOL

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrRCflying
That is just strange... I can honestly say that the sounds give me chills up my back. Not in a good way, more like nails on a chalkboard way, just less intense. Even when not watching what is going on, it still does it. Weird... Not something that I would want to listen to for more than a couple of minutes.

How for into the video is the whispering? I am not willing to listen to it all just to find it. LOL

Whispering is in the 2nd video @ 1.26

I absolutely hate the whispering.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I went down the ASMR rabbit hole recently....

The videos started appearing on my YT feed and I just ignored them until I got annoyed and decided to see what the hell it was about.

Needless to say, they are beyond bizarre IMO.

The first one was some chick asking random questions interview style but whispering the whole time. Then she was repeatedly touching sticky tape and tapping on plastic. Left me very uncomfortable.

The weirdest ones I saw were very young very pretty girls quietly making gross smacking sounds with their mouths into the microphone. The videos had MILLIONS of views and I seriously thought this must be some weird pedo thing cuz who seriously falls asleep to that? It sounded so gross to me...

I think there must be some serious hard wired issues in milennials these days, Im technically a senior milennials but I feel zero connection to anything the youth are into.

America is strange AF these days...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightBlue2565

I think there must be some serious hard wired issues...America is strange AF these days...

Totally agree... Yes, it is so weird, disturbing.. something is off, unholy, unnatural about this stuff.

This one kills me, it is one of the more popular ones, (22 million views!!!)
I hate pickles and I hate asmr! Gag Gag Gag

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I've seen a few and they don't jive at all.

In an attempt to understand, I'm wondering what kids are missing that this is supplementing.

Personal interaction?
Parts of the brain that often go unused in today's youth culture?

IDK.

Could be something as simple as masses just jumping on the latest craze because of their peers.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:28 PM
link   

edit on 14-1-2019 by MidnightBlue2565 because: DP

link   

edit on 14-1-2019 by MidnightBlue2565 because: DP

link   

HAHAHAHA WOW....

Thats the most ridiculous thing I think ive ever seen.

Maaaad Woooorld xD

link   
I remember listening to the old haircut one a long time ago. That was actually kinda cool. I found these again a while ago and listened to a few...they got kinda creepy though. I kind of came to the conclusion they're for lonely people who want someone to touch them.....i'm assuming they're popular because...uhhh modern life in cities and such I guess.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join