It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone understand ASMR videos?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:34 PM
link   
You never had someone whisper something in your ear and it feels like its tickling the inside of your head?

Well that's what this is, but on youtube.

I will admit, the video you posted in the OP is not my cup of tea.

Fewer texture triggers please, more whispering.
edit on 14-1-2019 by 0racle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

You present a valid point, this must be filling some kind of void the youth are experienceing within themselves.

Sad that it has reached that point in our society but at least they have ASMR to help them, even if it is bizarre and incomprehensible to the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

It just shows you how easily people are able to be manipulated by the internet.

The whispering was so annoying to me that I wanted to shoot them, so I guess it didn't work for me.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: MidnightBlue2565

Maybe in such a fast paced and loud world, they somehow miss many of the nuances that surround activity.

Like the sound a handsaw makes on the backstroke.

Crickets, cicadas, junebugs and power line hum.

How often do they actually hear a whisper, and that whisper can be a metaphor for so many easily missed sounds and experiences that us older folks take for granted.

Again, Idk, just spit balling.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Don't know if it qualifies as ASMR stuff or not, but I do have a thing for meteofax signals and OTHR (over the horizon radar) signals. I like to listen to them & other various signals via an online HAM radio site here. You folks might find them annoying AF, but to my ears, they're very soothing & relaxing. I also adore most binaural beats, too. Youtube away for those. I make no apologies for being weird, I like the sounds I like.
I highly doubt they're "filling any void", they just happen to be the right tones & pitches to really please the hell out of me. Kind of like how some people melt over the simple sound of wind through leaves or waves on a beach, it's just a pleasing noise.

Different auditory strokes for different folks, I assume. Not much you can do about that, certain tones and pitches work for them and drive you nuts. Oh well.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

You are such....a......nErD~!

I like the sound of a well running engine. Does that count?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Not sure if it falls in the same category or not, but "Alexa, play some ambient sounds". Thunderstorm, Rain on a tin roof, Rain on a tent, Babbling brook, Space deck. All these I've found to make me fall asleep faster. I can't say they tingle my ears or give me a rise though.
edit on 14-1-2019 by Tekaran because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I read about this a while ago -
How a bunch of YouTubers discovered a tingling sensation nobody knew existed

Doesn't work on me either.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Not sure if it falls in the same category or not, but "Alexa, play some ambient sounds". Thunderstorm, Rain on a tin roof, Rain on a tent, Babbling brook, Space deck. All these I've found to make me fall asleep faster. I can't say they tingle my ears or give me a rise though.

That's more "white noise" but I'm sure they are related. We do waves and thunder storms....there are 8 hour videos of those on You Tube.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Ok, I understand the thunderstorm sounds, rain etc, that makes sense to me, that can be relaxing.
Maybe this newer generation has been so overexposed to tech, that is what it sounds like to them.

Maybe that explains the clicking, maybe our thunderstorms sounds like their clicking?

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 02:50 PM
link   

OK, I'm old and I don't like it.

They bother me ... sort of like listening to someone scratch their fingernails across cardboard makes me shudder, but I've always been borderline sensory overload. I was the kind of kid who had to always have the tags cut out of my shirts, still do. My mom finally gave up on me and kept my hair cut short because I couldn't stand to let her detangle it after a wash when it was long -- my scalp was ultra-sensitive. I got to grow it out again when I was the one who brushed my own hair.

I still can get easily overwhelmed by large, loud chaotic crowds.

And after a migraine, those sensory issues will tend to ramp up as an after effect. Being touched can be painful for a few hours.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Anyone familiar with "back masking" Its when you play a vinal rock and roll record backwards, you can hear hidden messages.

ASMR could have hidden messages hidden beneath your usual hearing spectrum....but...your sub conscience hears it and you

become an ASMR slave to Maloch. Mind control, very much like subliminal advertising.

if interested in this sort of thing read "Clam plate orgy" We studied this type of thing in some upper division psych classes.

You just think you are making rational decisions.
edit on 14-1-2019 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I totally remember when they said if you played ozzy backwards it was satanic messages or something like that.
Wow, that is so funny we are talking about the same stuff with this new generation.

www.darkmeaningresearchinstitute.org...

Whisper therapy???
news.psu.edu...

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:46 PM
link   

This is getting a fair bit of traction in the 'funny ha ha' segment of the nightly news
"Gherkin girl" gets her clip shown to whoops of delight or horror from the audience
we've seen Jessica Alba, donning rubber gloves (! schmackk !) digging around in a plant pot, Eva Langoria combing Barbie dolls...

Reddit has a dedicated forum to it

I've seen it labeled as "auditory induced head orgasm", "attention induced euphoria"
"attention induced observant euphoria", "brain massage", "head tingle", "brain tingle", "spine tingle" and even "brain orgasm"

A brain orgasm ...
From watching vids of people doing mundane things !

Having seen a few, i just find them all very infantile
or at least, trying to provoke, or recapture, lazy or pseudo-infantile wonder
(which is not a bad thing, i guess)

I dunno
if people are hooked...
there must be something seriously missing from their lives

I ... i ..just don't get it either !

Must be a 'millenial thing'

I'll do one, next Saturday, when i'ts the weekly wash

"Here i quietly open the port-hole, repectfully introduce the dirty laundry,
here comes the washing powder..ohhh.. gently dispatched .. now the quick cycle for synthetics"

edit on 14-1-2019 by Cassi3l because: For the poster above : Autonomous sensory meridian response

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I hear too much. I tried listening again and didn't like it. None of those sounds in regular life are too bad, but put in the video like they are is just too much.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 05:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
I hear too much. I tried listening again and didn't like it. None of those sounds in regular life are too bad, but put in the video like they are is just too much.

I don't like a lot of those sounds in real life either. I can take the wood blocks, but not the chewing or tapping or crunching. No no no!

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Did they just recently discover microphones?
Back when I had a "radio show" (8 years old with a Wollensak 3m cassette recorder and a record player)
I would create characters, interview family members, and of course, make weird sounds. All with one of those microphone thingies.
Things really don't change. They just seem odd in hindsight, now that I have admitted the above..

(just glad I didn't have easy access to video!)
edit on 14-1-2019 by spacedoubt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Some people are sensitive to certain sensory stimuli, like certain sounds or physical sensations. I personally have a compulsion to constantly play with my hair. I have various ways that I twirl it, rub it, run my fingers over it, etc. To me, it feels so amazing that I can't keep myself from doing it (I only do it when I'm at home, though).

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 07:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Ok, I understand the thunderstorm sounds, rain etc, that makes sense to me, that can be relaxing.
Maybe this newer generation has been so overexposed to tech, that is what it sounds like to them.

Maybe that explains the clicking, maybe our thunderstorms sounds like their clicking?

I am not sure about anyone else, but I was listening to an ASMR video of people crackling bubble wrap and it sounds just like a crackling fire to me, which I consider white noise and a nice soothing sound, and I'm old.

Didn't any of you older people ever crumple and pop bubble wrap?

Whispering does not bother me, but some eating sounds do, so maybe it is just a personal thing.

posted on Jan, 14 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Yeah, I crack da bubble rap.

A couple of times we unleashed a roll in the hallway, on the floor.
Then launched each other down the length, on rolling office chairs. All the individual pops seemed to blend into a single sound.

I do like the sound of a car on a gravel road too, like Olaru12 mentioned..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join