It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Paul 2, Saint Malachi, & the Mayan Calendar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Please show me evidence that in this "Vatican portrait gallery" there is "room" for only 2 more popes. I have never heard of this before and it sounds pretty off-the-wall to me.

Zip

I'd like to echo Zipdot's request. Various people keep making this claim, but I have yet to see any evidence. Even IF the Church is trying to hide this, it must have gotten out somehow. While not conclusive proof of the Prophecy, it might be inferred that the Church itself takes this prophecy seriously, thus attempting to "prove" what they already believe to be true.

Also, altering the list by adding #112 later does not neccessarily invalidate the prophecy, it would just mean that #111 is the last. Which by some people's count is still two popes away.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom
I've read at this link Post#21
www.freerepublic.com...

Which would make this next Pope the last.

The original prophecies of Malachy did not contain the Petrus Romanus motto - it was added after the 1820 publication of the prophecies. The problem with the prophecies as listed in The Prophecies of St. Malachy, published by the Thomas A. Nelson, a Catholic Publishing House, is that Malachy's original works listed only 111 Popes, not 112, as given in the TAN version of the prophecies. Sometime between the first and subsequent printings the 112th, Petrus Romanus, was added to Malachy's prophecy.

I can understand that it could have been added so that we not know the time nor the place.
Also I have read that St. Peters name was Simon and I'm typing on a "Gray" field. How odd.
The day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. Hmmm....

either way the world will end SOON...

the ONLY good that will occur during the "end of times' is that the anti-christ WILL set-up world peace...

this is something that Jesus could NEVER do!!!

isn't this amazing???

EDIT:

actually, Jesus WILL set-up world peace AFTER He stops the anti-christ...

BUT the anti-christ will do it first...

this is something that Jesus NEVER did...

[edit on 6-4-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:42 PM
link   

the ONLY good that will occur during the "end of times' is that the anti-christ WILL set-up world peace...
[edit on 6-4-2005 by they see ALL]

World Peace???? LOL ... you have got to be joking ...

huh huh... will the Anti-Christ also run for Miss America or Miss Universe???

There will NEVER BE WORLD PEACE, because there will always people that want more than what they have, there will always be greed, envy, hate ... all sorts of nice feelings that not even the anti-Christ can stop !! and if you were talking about biblical Prophecy, it is written in there that the "Peace" Anti-Christ brings will be SHATERED by the Anti-Christ himself out of GREED and an terrible EGO RAMPAGE ! So much for that.....

oh wait a minute... maybe you meant "World in Pieces" ???

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir
World Peace???? LOL ... you have got to be joking ...

huh huh... will the Anti-Christ also run for Miss America or Miss Universe???

There will NEVER BE WORLD PEACE, because there will always people that want more than what they have, there will always be greed, envy, hate ... all sorts of nice feelings that not even the anti-Christ can stop !! and if you were talking about biblical Prophecy, it is written in there that the "Peace" Anti-Christ brings will be SHATERED by the Anti-Christ himself out of GREED and an terrible EGO RAMPAGE ! So much for that.....

oh wait a minute... maybe you meant "World in Pieces" ???

i am using the book of revelation for the piece you quoted...

in the bible, the anti-christ WILL set up world peace AND do miracles in ORDER to show the people of earth that HE is CHRIST...

he will proclaim to be Jesus and he will preform miracles and unite the world...

he will also be pointed out by the false-prophet...

the unholy trinity is: satan, anti-christ and false-prophet / pope...

i read the book of revelation and i am sure i am right...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 08:52 PM
link   
BaastetNoir...

i am surprised you have that link in your sig. and you still do not know this...

study!!!

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Cardinal Jean-Marie Lustiger, Archbishop emeritus of Paris (France), was born in the French capital on 17 September 1926 of parents who were Polish Jews and had emigrated to France at the beginning of the century. During the Nazi occupation his parents were deported and his mother died in the concentration camp of Auschwitz in 1943. The young Jean-Marie was spared because he was taken in by a family in Orléans. Through contact with them he was converted to Catholicism and was baptized on 25 August 1940 in the chapel of the bishop’s residence where twenty years later he would be the pastor.

List of Cardinals

[edit on 10-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
are you kidding me???

he is NOT jewish!!!

he converted...

sure, he WAS jewish...

then he got smart and converted...

see???

jewish no more...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Jean-Marie Lustiger, "... The Roman Catholic Cardinal Archbishop of Paris, although not expressly a Kabbalist, is a Jewish convert to the Church who continues to practice the Jewish Sabbath and other rituals which have strong Kabbalistic implications. (Incidently, this "Jewish" Cardinal is considered a strong contender for being elected Pope, and it is a Kabbalistic tradition that the Jewish Messiah will come when the Catholic Pope becomes a Jew.) ...", according to an article on the web site www.kheper.auz.com/topics/Kabbalah/influence.htm in January 2001

see.. +

Traditionally, the olive branch has been associated with peace, but in both the Old and New Testaments it also serves as an emblem for the Jews. Putting the two together, some commentators believe that the reign of this pope will be a peaceful one during which the prophesied conversion of the Jews will take place. Several ex-Jews are said to be highly placed in the Catholic Church now.
www.bibleprobe.com...

So yeah he's still very jewish..

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 07:52 PM
link   
so he should be shot...

how can you be catholic and practice jewish stuff???

he is going to hell

the purpose of converting is to: "leave your old self behind"...

he didn't...

posted on Apr, 10 2005 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Interesting stuff, really.

I'll start to worry if the "Jewish" Pope really gets elected - then I have to start to lock and load

-wD

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 04:01 AM
link   
freerepublic.com and christianforums.com banned the truth about 666 for completing the story. The "christians" forgot to delete this:

Satanists staging self fulfilling prophecy for De Labore Solis
www.christianforums.com...

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think that there is a strong chance. JP2 was elected for 'political reasons', ie. to give the USSR headaches. I think that Vatican saw the real influence it could exert in the world of 'global politics'. A polish pope brings down the iron curtain.

Now imagine what this contender might do. He's a jew, and a frenchman, so that covers the angles! He'll be popular with Israel, and many factions in the USA (the motto is "once a jew, always a jew"). Plus he'll have strong support in France, which is a major ECC player.

Noises have already been made about JP2 as a 'friend of the jews', and of that being a major part of his papal legacy. So Lustinger looks good for the job. The days of the Italian Pope may be over. The Vatican has seen the very real influence it can weild through it's selection of pope.

PS. You are right about the olive branch. It is the traditional symbol of the jewish people. Saint Paul uses it as a metaphor in his epistles, equating jews to 'cultivated olives', and gentile christians as 'wild olives' grafted in. It is the New Testament injunction against anti-semitism.

[edit on 11-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Apr, 11 2005 @ 02:12 PM
link   
isn't this thread on: "John Paul 2, Saint Malachi, & the Mayan Calendar"???

now, we are talking about a jewish pope???

the prophecy states that the next pope will be an italian...

i THINK this is true because:

According to the prophecy, the next Pope will be the second last Pope Gloria Olivæ ("Glory of the Olives"). Will it be someone from the Mediterranean (Italy, France, Spain)? Or will it be perhaps someone with olive skin (say, from Latin America)?

from www.catholic-pages.com...

now, this "jewish pope" COULD be the next pope because he is from france..

i did not know that the next pope could be from Italy, France or Spain(?)...

you learn something new everyday...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Please recall that the olive branch is the world recognized symbol of peace. It was the dove that brought the olive branch to Noah showing GOD's peace with man after the flood.

John Paul II's main desire was to unify all of the Christian sects i.e Catholics, Babtist, Lutheran, etc... In addition, John Paul II also wanted to bring a better understanding and "peace" to the other religions with our common ancestry i.e. Jewish and Muslim religions.
I believe that the next pope will fulfill this mission (if not both, then the one of the two...more than likely peace between the 3 - Jew, Muslims and Christians).

I do not know if this peace will lead to the construction of the 3rd and final temple as noted in Revelations and Daniel, however, if peace is reached between the 3 religions found in Jeruselum, it may establish the needed platform on which this will happen. Note, that the 3rd temple must exist prior to the "Tribulations" as noted in Revelations. And if Tribulations is to occur during the time of the final pope (Peter the Roman), as St. Malachi predicted, then the next pope must do something that will help in the construction of the 3rd temple.

Thus, the next pope will be considered as the peace bringer, the "Gloria Olivae", The Glory of the Olive".

Again, St. Malachi's prophecies must be used in conjuction with the prophecies found in the Bible. Thus, as noted in the Bible (Daniel 9:27), 3 1/2 years in this peace period something will happen to end the peace and war will rage again. I believe that this is also noted in St. Malachi's prediction, because the "Gloria Olivae" renign as pope is cut short.

Please remember that these are my theories, the Bible clearly states that only the FATHER knows the time in which the end will come.

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   
only time will tell now...

right now (4/18/05), the cardinals voted and have NOT come up with a new pope...

they will vote until 3-4 days, then, if there is no "winner", the one with the most votes "wins"...

if i am right...

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:19 PM
link   
So deciding who the Pope will be is a democracy? I thought there is something more to it than that.

-Chris

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legend
So deciding who the Pope will be is a democracy? I thought there is something more to it than that.

-Chris

nope...

some (100-more) cardinals (under 80) vote...

they are all locked (from the inside) of a building in Rome...

they write down the names of who they want to be the next pope and they one with a clear (i think) 2/3rds win is the pope...

if not, they keep trying until 3-4 days (i think)...

EDIT:

it IS a democracy but its nothing special...

[edit on 18-4-2005 by they see ALL]

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Orange
The correspondence between the prophecies of Saint Malachi and the Mayan Calendar are alarming, to put it mildly. Saint Malachi was a 12th century Irish monk, who, while on a visit to Rome, proportedly had a vision of all the popes who would ever reign. He catqalogued each one with an epigramatic verse, such as 'the tears of the sun'.

Saint Malachi
More Malachi
Prophecies

Now accroding to the prophecies of Saint Malachi, there are only two more popes, after the current one. Even in the Vatican portrait gallery, there is only room for two more portraits after the current pope.

The Vatican seems to be on a 'death watch' now, with the persent pontiff in ill health. It look's like we may have a new pope with in the year (see, fore tellin' the future is no great talent, to be sure!) This seems to correspond very well with the Mayan Calendar, whose 'long count' ends in 2012.

How perceptive you are! There is a lot of truth in this post, especially about 2012, as the Mayans are not the only source, the Hopi indian tribes,the Great Pryamid also have this same 'end' outlook of 2012..
End of what? we do not know, seems they could not forsee after 2012, it was a blank?

posted on Apr, 18 2005 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by kalki
Jean-Marie Lustiger, "... The Roman Catholic Cardinal Archbishop of Paris, although not expressly a Kabbalist, is a Jewish convert to the Church who continues to practice the Jewish Sabbath and other rituals which have strong Kabbalistic implications. (Incidently, this "Jewish" Cardinal is considered a strong contender for being elected Pope, and it is a Kabbalistic tradition that the Jewish Messiah will come when the Catholic Pope becomes a Jew.) ...", according to an article on the web site www.kheper.auz.com/topics/Kabbalah/influence.htm in January 2001

Kalki;

Yes, lest we forget the important books of written wisdom, the Qaballah,
I am a student of this book,and have been told by many Orthodox Jewry that it will drive a person insane to comprehend it??
Very good post!!!

Traditionally, the olive branch has been associated with peace, but in both the Old and New Testaments it also serves as an emblem for the Jews. Putting the two together, some commentators believe that the reign of this pope will be a peaceful one during which the prophesied conversion of the Jews will take place. Several ex-Jews are said to be highly placed in the Catholic Church now.
www.bibleprobe.com...

So yeah he's still very jewish..

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I'm waiting to hear some connections to the new pope and the olive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join