It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Paul 2, Saint Malachi, & the Mayan Calendar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Hi..interesting thread..if you read all of the way down on the page of the last link it says the Bendictine's say that the pope after JPII will be of their order..the "order of the Olives" sometimes called. And I read somewhere that the catholic church embraces the St. Malichy prophesies and that the next pope would pick Benedict as a name to fulfill what the prophesies say.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Does influenced fulfillment disqualify a prophecy?

Could that not be a part of a prophecy? That people would eventually work to fulfill it?

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:20 PM
link   
That's a great question!! Again in this link www.bibleprobe.com... Peter the Roman the pope after this one will be the salvation of the church during perilious times and unite the world to the catholic religion and he moves from Rome to Europe walking on the bodies of the previous popes (meaning questionable?????) that was also predicted and identical to the 3rd secret of the Fatima prophesies. Of course the Catholic church agrees in this prophesy as their destiny. But self-fulfilled prophesies..I don't know..how true would that make them??? Just as true as pychic predictions of Green Lizards living under the earth I should think!!

[edit on 20-4-2005 by mercury19]

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
The symbol of St. Benedict is the olive.

Some Beneddictines are known as 'olivates'.

Though Ratzinger isn't a Benedictine... he took on the name of Benedict. 'Glory of the Olives' thus means 'Glory (greatest or last) of the Benedicts.

Note that Jesus' description of the End in the Gospels is given from the Mt. of Olives.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Vienden, I think that you are absolutely correct. Because the prophecy may have been forced to occur does not dimish that fact that it was predicted to occur and all future events are based on that one force occurance.

It appears that Pope Benedicts brother is concerned about the pope health. It appears that he has health problems. Could this be the reason for the predicted short tenure?

Finally, how can we stated that this is the last pope......and Christ will return during his tenure. How can GOD not fullfil his own prophecy. Christ predicted that several events must take place prior to his return. Therefore, several things must be present before HIS return, the main one being the third Jewish temple that the anti-christ makes unholy.
If you believe that Chirst will return, then you have to believe the prophecies as stated in the bible. Therefore, if the Pope is to only have a short tenure as the Pope, then the third Jewish temple must already be in the building phase.
There cannot be a way for this pope to be the final pope unless all prophecy is fullfilled under his tenure....including and not limited to:

Completion of the 3rd Jewish Temple
7 year peace treaty
Rise of the Anti-christ
War against Israel by Gog and Magog
Fall on Wormwood from the sky
etc....

And he is only to serve as a pope for a short time.....I can't see that happening. Therefore, I believe that there will be one final pope to allow for all the pre-requisits to fulfillment of prophecy to occur.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:34 PM
link   
This is the fallacy that a lot of us fall into the trap of predictiuons,thinking we can predict the end of the world. the Vatican knows that, so they will try to fulfill fabricated prophecies to a T . Personally know one knows... There has to be a shift in world power first.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:38 PM
link   
well if he dies in 3 yyears and 6 months..then prophecy will be true.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:43 PM
link   
the prohpecy IS true!!!

i will give you some links later but let me say this"

the next (this) pope had to be related with "the order of the benedicts (sp???)" in any way...

hello!?!?!?

what is this guys pope name???

pope benedicts...

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 05:50 PM
link   
hmm. I think we are just speculating, the bible says nothing aBOUT ANY POE AND BEFORE THE END COMES SOMETHING MUST HAPPEN.. THE GOSPEL MUST BE PREACHED THROUGHOUT THE WORLD..

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Well, if we look long and hard enough we can always concoct a link to the silly prophecies, so here is one that I concoted in 2 minutes:

Benedictine monks were founded by St. Benedict of Nursia, the champion of monasticism and the Benedictine order. Hence by taking the name, Ratzinger, could very well elevate the order to the forefront of all orders, for which he would be glorified.

666- the first 6 comes from the second digit of his birthday, April 16.

The second six from his papal number, the full 16 symbolizing his election 3 days after his birthday.

The third 6 can be derived by assessing past Benedicts, the 10th was an antipope, the next antipope Benedict was the 13, 13-10 is 3, the next Benedict antipope then would be 13+3= Ratzinger. 16-13-10=6.

I am sure there will be many more theories out there, but that is how easy it is to force these prophecies into whatever we wish.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Hm, I'm suprised there is no new thread for the election of Benedict XVI??

Interesting conspiracy, well, we'll see what happens now, eh?

How long is this pope (according to prophecy) supposed to rule for? And if the tribulation begins in 2012, he has to die and succumb to the Anti-Christ before the end of the year, no?

-wD

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Those interested in reading *all* of the St. Malachy prophecies and how the various popes fit the descriptions, here's a link to the book published by TAN in 1973 that is frequently mentioned. (Someone posted it online and I found it using Google.)

truecatholic.bizland.com...

It's a long read. Please note that the book was authored during the reign of Pope Paul VI, thus the author (Peter Bander) speculates about the men who would become John Paul I, John Paul II, Benedict XVI, and the "last" pope, Peter the Great.

Enjoy the read.

OH!!! Almost forgot!!! In the listing for Pope Leo XII, the author has this to say:

"Contrary to popular belief, the original manuscript of the Prophecies of Malachy has not been found in the Vatican Library. His Excellency Archbishop Cardinale instigated a thorough search for the manuscript at the Vatican. The sad fact is that there is no record of this manuscript being there or having been there."

Indeed, a very tantalizing bit of information tucked away in one of the descriptions.

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

Pope Benedict XVI (Gloria Olivae)

The next motto is Gloria Olivae, the glory of the olive. Prior to the papal conclave, this motto led to speculation that the next pontiff would be from the Order of Saint Benedict, whose symbols include the olive branch. Cardinal Joseph Ratzinger, selected in April 2005, is not a Benedictine, but did pick Benedict XVI as his papal name, which might be regarded as a fulfillment of this prophecy.

Yet there can also be a different meaning. Pope Benedict had his birthday on the 16th April and on that day is celebrated the feast of Saint Benedict Joseph Labrè (26 March 1748 - 16 April 1783), also known as the Holy Pilgrim. His first name was already Joseph and together with Benedict, which he has now assumed, his Christian namesake is now complete. Moreover, the Order of St Benedict is also known as that of the Olivetans.

Alternatively, less specific interpreters have predicted that the next pope will promote world peace (as in an olive branch). Pope Benedict XVI has chosen "Pax" (peace) as his papal motto. The self-proclaimed Pope Clemente Domínguez y Gómez of the Palmarian Catholic Church claimed that he was the glory of the olive.

There had already been, before the election of pope, a concomitance in two unrelated events occurring on the opening date of the 2005 Conclaves. First, a Turkish presidential candidate won overnight the northern Cyprus elections favouring re-unification peace talks of the two sectors; the Cyprus flag has two inter-locking olive branches in it. Secondly, the Italian Prime Minister has seriously been considering resigning and holding early general elections succumbing to pressure from the leftist opposition called l'Ulivo.

ENJOY!!!

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 08:45 PM
link   
>>Hm, I'm suprised there is no new thread for the election of Benedict XVI??

posted on Apr, 20 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by crusader
This is the fallacy that a lot of us fall into the trap of predictiuons,thinking we can predict the end of the world. the Vatican knows that, so they will try to fulfill fabricated prophecies to a T . Personally know one knows... There has to be a shift in world power first.

I think predictions give people something to think about as far as the future goes and that's not always a bad thing----Also would the shift you talked about of the worlds power be a prediction??

[edit on 20-4-2005 by mercury19]

posted on Apr, 23 2005 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Its funny, everyone is talking about there being 112 Popes on the list!
Hello, the longer list is the forgery,
the 111-long list is the one they are 'self-fulfilling'.

And then we EVEN had a MOD say that 'Gloria Olivae' was NOT predicted in the list of 111! What an outright LIE, there is no comforting 'Petrus Romanus' in the 'real' prophecy (that is being followed, not fulfilled).
Gloria Olivae is the last PROPHECIED Pope!

What I found interesting was, leading up to the 'choosing' of the Vicar of Christ (the cardinals don't choose, they are 'ILLUMINATED' by the Holy Spirit)
I was getting the name 'Techno Pope' in my head (in the 2 weeks after JPII's death).

And so, when Ratz was announced (again, he was not chosen by the Cardinals, they said so in the first Mass) I OF COURSE checked for anagrams.

C. jOsepH raTziNgEr, T, E, C, H, N, O

Maybe that means nothing to you people, but it did substantiate my GUT feeling, quite clearly.

This concern for his health is a BS* sympathy stunt, he could resign RIGHT NOW for all we care!

And why has no one mentioned how EXACT and dead-on the prophecy for JPII was, the 'eclipse of the sun', and his TWO most significant dates as a HUMAN were his birth, and the date of his burial, both occurring on the same day as a solar ECLIPSE!!! There are only 2 solar eclipses a year, do the math.

posted on Dec, 13 2005 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hola this is my first post. In my opinion there will never be an antichrist and he will definately not head the UN. The UN has so little power that the antichrist would not want to be the Secretary General. Oh yeah, and the UN is not evil.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 02:51 PM
link   
With the pope being threatened,and the world in a tiff.
I was beginning to wonder if the predictions of the popes was gaining ground.
If i remember correctly,this pope isnt suppose to last very long.After his speech and the way people reacted,it dosent appear he will last long.

posted on Sep, 18 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Don't forget the "third secret of Fatima" (a message revealed by a set of miraculous vision of the Virgin to some Portuguese children in the early C20th) and written down in 1944). Kept secret for decades and then published in 2000 it appears to speak of a destructive attack upon the Holy See (Church government):

J.M.J.

The third part of the secret revealed at the Cova da Iria-Fatima, on 13 July 1917.

I write in obedience to you, my God, who command me to do so through his Excellency the Bishop of Leiria and through your Most Holy Mother and mine.

After the two parts which I have already explained, at the left of Our Lady and a little above, we saw an Angel with a flaming sword in his left hand; flashing, it gave out flames that looked as though they would set the world on fire; but they died out in contact with the splendour that Our Lady radiated towards him from her right hand: pointing to the earth with his right hand, the Angel cried out in a loud voice: ‘Penance, Penance, Penance!'. And we saw in an immense light that is God: ‘something similar to how people appear in a mirror when they pass in front of it' a Bishop dressed in White ‘we had the impression that it was the Holy Father'. Other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious going up a steep mountain, at the top of which there was a big Cross of rough-hewn trunks as of a cork-tree with the bark; before reaching there the Holy Father passed through a big city half in ruins and half trembling with halting step, afflicted with pain and sorrow, he prayed for the souls of the corpses he met on his way; having reached the top of the mountain, on his knees at the foot of the big Cross he was killed by a group of soldiers who fired bullets and arrows at him, and in the same way there died one after another the other Bishops, Priests, men and women Religious, and various lay people of different ranks and positions. Beneath the two arms of the Cross there were two Angels each with a crystal aspersorium in his hand, in which they gathered up the blood of the Martyrs and with it sprinkled the souls that were making their way to God.

Tuy-3-1-1944

Full text of publication and analysis

The "official" interpretation (that the message refers to the attempted shooting of John Paul II) was ironically provided by the current Pope, as the then Cardinal Ratzinger. Well, ironic if the more obvious interpretation comes to be true in the light of current events.

posted on Mar, 25 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
I would like to resurrect this thread....I have been reading about this, and wonder what ya'll think about this in 2010. Very interested in you all's thoughts! Thank you!
-FCL

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join