It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Paul 2, Saint Malachi, & the Mayan Calendar

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 12:37 PM
link   
One of the papal contenders was born to jews and I think that his family died in the holocaust. So one can be a 'jew' in that sense. Also, there are crypto-jews. Crypto-jews are jews who 'converted' under the inquistition and the like in old europe. Apparently a lot of this went down in spain, and now, because of colonialism, there are lots of them in mexico and latin america. They can actually be identified by genetic markers that are more or less 'restricted' to 'jews', and also because they have very 'bizzare' family traditions, such as eating by candlelight on certain nights, etc, that are 'hold overs' from jewish practices. The interseting thing is that they don't actually 'know' that they are jews but still do these things. Recently, as the history has come out, they've learned the reasons why. There are some preists who are infact 'crypto-jews'. I recall seeing one who wore a star of david attached to his preistly insignia.

So, the next pope, 'Gloria Olivae', can be anyone one of three contendors. He can be the black nigerian (a convert from african paganism btw), he can be the frontrunner 'Dionigi', or he can be the contendor who was born to jews and presumably raised as a jew for some time.
So the prophecy has excellent odds of comming 'true'.

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 04:34 PM
link   
One of the recent, 20th century saints, was a nun who died in the concentration camps. She had been non jewish, and had converted.

Also let us remember that Jesus and the Apostles were jews. Until Saint Paul, you had to be a jew to be a christian.

[edit on 4-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The pope is dead... If something is going to happen we are going to see it soon...

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent Orange
The correspondence between the prophecies of Saint Malachi and the Mayan Calendar are alarming, to put it mildly. Saint Malachi was a 12th century Irish monk, who, while on a visit to Rome, proportedly had a vision of all the popes who would ever reign. He catqalogued each one with an epigramatic verse, such as 'the tears of the sun'.
Now that it has been irrevocably decoded, the question is: what do we do? Do those that are non-believers force themselves to become believers in Jesus, and can this countdown to the end of the papacy be stopped?

Your statements portray certainty, so should we even think about changing the future or is it set in stone? And if it is changeable, was revelation wrong or did we misinterpret same?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I posted this question in one of my atsnn submissions.

When the pope said that he wasn’t going to publicly reveal the last cardinals identity and keep his last vote "in pectore," I personally think that he could be referring to the "Olive's Glory". Wouldn’t this be a great way to introduce a new and special pope? Is it possible that this last cardinal, to be named, can be the "Olive's Glory" that will succeed the pope? What do you think?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Washball
I don't think the Catholics will have an active role in the ascension of the anti-christ. I htink he'll come from an eastern religion like Buhdism, or the like.
Aww, come on, don't take away the one thing that we atheists revel in. The anti-christ will surely be an atheist, right?

posted on Apr, 4 2005 @ 10:37 PM
link   
So, the next pope, 'Gloria Olivae', can be anyone one of three contendors. He can be the black nigerian (a convert from african paganism btw), he can be the frontrunner 'Dionigi', or he can be the contendor who was born to jews and presumably raised as a jew for some time.
So the prophecy has excellent odds of comming 'true'.

`L`Ulivo` , the olive, is also the name of a political party in Italy. and there are some sort of elections coming up very soon .... So, it could be that the next Pope will reign during the `Glory (or the winning) of the `Olive` party... This is just another interpretation of the prophecy....

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 06:54 AM
link   
The preliminary elections in Italy were today. The centre left and left parties are all grouped under a party called L`Ulivo - (the Olive). To many people`s surprise, and after a very long time - they won the majority of these elections today.....

The next Pope will therefore start his reign in the Glory of the Olive....??!?!??! getting too spooky for me!!!!!

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think there is no reason to be 'spooked'. We've seen four ways now in which the vague and cryptic 'prohphesy' can be fufiled, by any one of three completely different contendors, and now, no matter what happens, the prophecy can be satisfactorally filled because of some local elections. IOW, almost anything will fufil the prophecy.

Also, 'Gloria Olivea' is supposed to be short reigned. Does that mean less than john paul ii? Less than john paul i? A day? How long is 'short'? Or the 'final pope', how can any pope not be considered 'peter the roman', the pope's in rome, the papacy is based on peter.

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Saint Malachy, a 12th Century Monk, predicted that there would be 112 Popes until Doomsday. Pope John Paul 2 is named as Pope 110 and is now dead. The nature of the prophecies is well known. They consist of 111 mottos in Latin, plus a concluding epigraph. These items pertain to each of the popes (and apparently some of the antipopes) in a sequence stretching from Malachy's time until Judgement Day.
The 111th prophecy of St. Malachy is "Gloria Olivae" (The Glory of the Olive). The meaning of the olive is unclear. The Order of Saint Benedict – not St. Malachy – has claimed that this pope will come from its ranks and Saint Benedict himself prophesied that before the end of the world his Order, known also as the Olivetans, will triumphantly lead the Catholic Church in its final fight against evil.

Blessed Bernard Tolomei, founder of the Archabbey of Monte Oliveto Maggiore, Italy, was born in Siena 1272. He was educated as a nobleman of the Tolomei family and had a distinguished career as a lawyer. At around the age of forty, he felt called to a radical living out of his Christian vocation.
With some companions, he retired to a remote place to the Southeast of Siena, known as the “Desert of Accona”. The first monks lived a eremetical lifestyle in the caves of the hillside. Gradually they evolved into a more organised community.

"When later a monastery was founded on the site, it was given the name of Saint Mary of Monte Oliveto. According to the tradition, one day, while Bernard was praying in the place where the church was later to be built, he saw a silver stairway rising eastwards, to Heaven. Jesus Christ and his Holy Mother, dressed in white, were standing at the top. A group of monks, all dressed in white, were climbing the stairs helped by angels."
(Chron. by Antonio da Barga).

Bernard and his companions received the Benedictine habit and the Rule of the Father of western monasticism. Since the time of their founder Olivetans have been clothed in white. A special characteristic of the Olivetan reform is its emphasis upon the spirit of communion uniting all its houses, called to form unum corpus – one body.  

When, in 1348, the plague was spreading in Siena, Bernard returned to the town to care for his fellow monks at the monastery of St Benedict. According to tradition, he died - a victim of the plague on the 20th of August - among his spiritual sons. He was subsequently venerated as a Saint. He is officially celebrated on August 19th.

So, is there a Benedictine Olivetan waiting in the wings?

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Jaxle]

posted on Apr, 5 2005 @ 09:02 PM
link   
the next pope will not be jewish!!!

this makes no sense!!!

it is like saying the head of buhdism will be christian...

the next pope will be ITALIAN...

this is what is TOLD to us in the prophecies...

an OLIVE BRANCH is a sign of peace NOT a sign of JEW...

a yahoo search

the first few have some good info...

it SHOULD be noted that these prophecies CONTRADICT the BIBLE...

if these prophecies are from God, then why do they contradict His ORIGINAL "plan" (if you will)...

this "plan" is the Bible...

God wouldn't CONTRADICT Himself...

would He???

i thought He was smart???

people think these prophecies are from Satan himself...

remember...

the "end of the world" is NOT a short process...

Satan (as anti-christ, false-pope and false-prophet) WILL gain CONTROL over this earth...

then many years of pain and suffering will start...

then, Jesus will come and save us and set up world peace...

ok???

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Just a thought... Could it be possible that these prophecies have been taken seriously enough by the Church over the centuries that they have become part of the doctrine in a way? Even if the prophecies are discounted by the current leadership, centuries of belief in them could make them self-fulfilling, even sub-consciously. I've noted the "fact" that there is only space for two more pope pix mentioned several times (can anyone confirm this?), which is an incredible coincidence given how many popes are supposed to be left in line.

JPII probably would have been aware of the prophecies, and could have seen himself as the "world traveler", striving to fulfill this prophecy. The College of Cardinals, also aware of the prophecies, may lean towards a pope that fulfills the next prophecy, whether a Benedictine, former Jew, or an archbishop floating in a martini glass. Hell, for all we know, St. Malachi's prophecy is the only criteria the College of Cardinals uses.

As for JPI, our more conspiracy-minded friends here on ATS may see the possibility of a man, willingly or unwillingly, fulfilling his role in a way to make the prophecy make sense.
For those who may doubt that People of Faith would willingly try to fulfill a doomsday prophecy, consider those Evangelical Christians who are attempting to help usher in the End-Times(TM) through influencing politics here and abroad.
Okay, maybe more than just a thought, but I don't say much here on ATS and I figure I'm due.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 12:19 PM
link   
That's an interesting point. I've heard that the Vatican potrait gallery only has room for 2 more pictures.

It's also interesting to note that prophecies are high 'symbolic'. People go wrong when they try to take them 'too literally'. St Malachi never actually used the word "Doomsday". He mentions the final Pope leaving the Vatican, walking over the bodies of his priests, and of the "Terrible Judge". Prophecies generally require interpretation.

Could it mean 'upheaval' or 'renewal' in the Church? maybe the long anticipated "dawning of the Age of Aquarius". Never jump to a conclusion with prophecy. Look before you leap.

[edit on 6-4-2005 by Agent Orange]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

it SHOULD be noted that these prophecies CONTRADICT the BIBLE...
if these prophecies are from God, then why do they contradict His ORIGINAL "plan" (if you will)...

HE has changed his mind before. Just because something is written in the Bible does not mean it is still valid. Theres always other options that pop up that at first did not seem to be possible.
Free will and predictions are opposites and to make matter worse there seems to be a third 'forse' at work; accidents. The Bible seems to try to teach us that nothing is set in stone.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jaxle
So, is there a Benedictine Olivetan waiting in the wings?

[edit on 5-4-2005 by Jaxle]

check out this thread

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

[edit on 6-4-2005 by BaastetNoir]

[edit on 6-4-2005 by BaastetNoir]

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Please show me evidence that in this "Vatican portrait gallery" there is "room" for only 2 more popes. I have never heard of this before and it sounds pretty off-the-wall to me.

Zip

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zipdot
Please show me evidence that in this "Vatican portrait gallery" there is "room" for only 2 more popes. I have never heard of this before and it sounds pretty off-the-wall to me.

Zip

its true...

of, course the Church would never admit to it...

image, the Church saying the world would end in 10 years???

the people of this planet would go mad...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by they see ALL

Originally posted by Zipdot

Zip

its true...

of, course the Church would never admit to it...

image, the Church saying the world would end in 10 years???

the people of this planet would go mad...

Hi, I had a query to your avatar but can't send you a U2U being under 20 post. Maybe you can tell me hre why you're so certain they will be the last 2 Popes or send me a U2U

Thanks.

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lanotom
Hi, I had a query to your avatar but can't send you a U2U being under 20 post. Maybe you can tell me hre why you're so certain they will be the last 2 Popes or send me a U2U

Thanks.

www.catholic-pages.com...

www.jpdawson.com...

a yahoo search,,,

any other questions just contact me...

posted on Apr, 6 2005 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I've read at this link Post#21
www.freerepublic.com...

Which would make this next Pope the last.

The original prophecies of Malachy did not contain the Petrus Romanus motto - it was added after the 1820 publication of the prophecies. The problem with the prophecies as listed in The Prophecies of St. Malachy, published by the Thomas A. Nelson, a Catholic Publishing House, is that Malachy's original works listed only 111 Popes, not 112, as given in the TAN version of the prophecies. Sometime between the first and subsequent printings the 112th, Petrus Romanus, was added to Malachy's prophecy.

I can understand that it could have been added so that we not know the time nor the place.
Also I have read that St. Peters name was Simon and I'm typing on a "Gray" field. How odd.
The day of the Lord will come just like a thief in the night. Hmmm....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join