It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major National Security Announcement from President Trump - Tuesday 1.8.2019 at 9pm Eastern.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If there’s no crises, who will be doing all this ‘tunnelling’, nimrod?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Breakthestreak

A good thing about being on the WINNING side, is that the losers have no power.

People can whine, cry, curse, insult, scream...but it makes no difference.

There's not a damn thing they can do to stop President Trump from building a border wall that will enable more Americans to live longer.

Nothing...NADA.

The best we can hope for is that those who are against reducing the number of Americans murdered, soften their hearts to begin caring about their fellow citizens again...or for the first time ever.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 03:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

There's not a damn thing they can do to stop President Trump from building a border wall that will enable more Americans to live longer.

Nothing...NADA.

The best we can hope for is that those who are against reducing the number of Americans murdered, soften their hearts to begin caring about their fellow citizens again...or for the first time ever.

They definitely won’t ever care about their fellow citizens. That’s the opposite of left-wing values.

But you’re wrong about there being ‘nothing they can do’. They can get in a large group and ‘scream at the sky’. Remember how effective that was?

I hope they don’t do it again. It will ruin us.
edit on 9 1 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:08 AM
link   

People who genuinely feel that a tall/deep wall, will not reduce the influx of illegals, drugs, trafficking, are not using their common-sense. (Or maybe have a mental impairment?)

As President Trump correctly stated tonight, Walls help protect those you love, by keeping criminals out.

Pelosi, Schumer, Obama, Clinton and other Trump-haters, not only have walls around their homes, they endorsed border wall funding before 2017.

Not using common sense or have a mental impairment eh?

As has been said countless times but obviously it's too complicated for you - many illegals come in via legal means and then 'disappear'. This bypasses any wall.
Drugs will be flown over or sailed around the wall.

I would say you need to use YOUR common sense or look at YOUR mental impairment if you think a wall will stop drugs. You really believe that a drug boss will stop or even reduce operations because someone builds a wall rather than just think to themselves "I know, I'll hire a boat or a plane and fly/sail my stuff in"

Hardly take a genius to work that one out, but I'll wait for you to catch up.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:15 AM
link   
a reply to: bluesilver

He said “people who think a wall will not REDUCE the influx of illegals, drugs and trafficking”

Key word REDUCE .

Maybe not the drugs because drug lords actually are quite persistent but it will most definitely REDUCE the number of illegals who ‘sneak’ across open land under cover of darkness. And same with human traffickers.

Tunnelling has a LOT of drawbacks.
There’s agencies who closely monitor air and sea traffick a lot easier than they can monitor open-land crossings.

People who think a wall will not REDUCE illegal immigration and trafficking are not using their common sense.
edit on 9 1 2019 by Breakthestreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Give us some numbers then.

1. How many people will the wall stop from entering the country? Actual, unbiased assessed numbers.

2. How many 'illigal' people currently come to the US by other means i.e.: visa, boat, plane who the wall won't have any effect on?

3. How much drugs will the wall stop entering the country? Again, actual unbiased assessed numbers. I don't mind if it is weight or financial numbers.

4. How much drugs currently come to the US by other means than the border ie: plane, boat and again, the wall won't have any affect on?

Just so that we can understand why we are wrong. It should be easy enough for you to tell us as you're so certain why a wall will work.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I thought about staying awake to watch it at 2am, I thought he was going to declare a Nation Emergency and build his barrier (I won't disgrace the Pink Floyd album and take search hits away from their Magnum Opus) and, since that was history in the making, might be worth a chuckle but fell asleep watching Mortal Instruments and glad I did considering the content. Ah well, back to Brexit...

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

He said “people who think a wall will not REDUCE the influx of illegals, drugs and trafficking”

Key word REDUCE .

Maybe not the drugs because drug lords actually are quite persistent but it will most definitely REDUCE the number of illegals who ‘sneak’ across open land under cover of darkness. And same with human traffickers.

There’s agencies who closely monitor air and sea traffick a lot easier than they can monitor open-land crossings.

People who think a wall will not REDUCE illegal immigration and trafficking are not using their common sense.

So you agree, it won't affect the influx of drugs at all. That's half the argument gone then.

Reduce illegals by how much? What is the figure? And how do you know that they won't try other means and be successful.
edit on 9-1-2019 by bluesilver because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bluesilver

Key word REDUCE .

Reduce by how much? What is the figure? And how do you know that they won't try other means and be successful.

“If it saves just ONE life it’s worth banning guns”

Reduce by how much you ask? Just ONE would be enough. Just ONE.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Key word REDUCE .

Reduce by how much? What is the figure? And how do you know that they won't try other means and be successful.

“If it saves just ONE life it’s worth banning guns”

Reduce by how much you ask? Just ONE would be enough. Just ONE.

So you think (a MINIMUM) of 8 Billion Dollars is with worth it if it stops one illegal immigrant? You don't think that is disproportionate? How much damage do you think each immigrant does to warrant a minimum of 8 Billion Dollars?? Guess what, not every immigrant is a gun toting, drug running individual. Some just want a new beginning. And think of what you could do with that much money to HELP vast amounts of people.

And again, I'm not saying have an open border, I'm saying spend the money on something which will WORK!

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:26 AM
link   

It might HELP the young girl who the illegal immigrant was going to rape or shoot in the street (Kate Steinle)

And ONE wouldnt be the actual number. The actual numbers would be thousands.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

It might HELP the young girl who the illegal immigrant was going to rape or shoot in the street (Kate Steinle)

Right, if that logic is what we are going with, make cars illegal, make spoons illegal, or cake. Because they have killed people you might as well lump all cars, all spoons and all cake illegal too. Stupid argument. SOME illegals will do bad things, but guess what, you have plenty of legal people who do as well. Your assumption is that ALL illegals will do bad things. That is clearly not true. You are following Trump with his politically motivated scare-mongering rather look at actual statistics of (a) how many illegals commit crime compared to US citizens and (b) how many of those who will commit crime, would have been stopped by a wall.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:29 AM
link   

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Holy cow look at that. You just made the EXACT argument that normal people use to oppose gun control.

And don’t say ‘why not make everything illegal’ too loudly. Because that’s exactly what the dems want to do.

SOME illegal immigrants kill people, yes. But NOT ONE country openly allows people to enter ‘illegally’.

Not one.

Why do people WANT people to be ‘allowed’ to simply walk into the United States unchecked and unchallenged?

It’s insane.

If not a wall. A fence then? It most certainly works in Hungary and most certainly works in Poland.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:37 AM
link   

Right, if that logic is what we are going with, make cars illegal, make spoons illegal, or cake. Because they have killed people you might as well lump all cars, all spoons and all cake illegal too. Stupid argument. SOME illegals will do bad things, but guess what, you have plenty of legal people who do as well. Your assumption is that ALL illegals will do bad things. That is clearly not true. You are following Trump with his politically motivated scare-mongering rather look at actual statistics of (a) how many illegals commit crime compared to US citizens and (b) how many of those who will commit crime, would have been stopped by a wall.

And you lie. What a surprise.

I never even remotely alluded to thinking that ALL illegals will do something bad.

But ZERO people should have the ability to simply waltz into ANY country without going through the proper channels.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Nothing...NADA.

They definitely won’t ever care about their fellow citizens. That’s the opposite of left-wing values.

But you’re wrong about there being ‘nothing they can do’. They can get in a large group and ‘scream at the sky’. Remember how effective that was?

I'm sorry, but this bears not the remotest resemblance to reality whatsoever. Do you really think that anyone who does not agree with you politically is an unfeeling monster?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Nothing...NADA.

I'm sorry, but this bears not the remotest resemblance to reality whatsoever. Do you really think that anyone who does not agree with you politically is an unfeeling monster?

Not even remotely close to what I said.

No. But I do believe the democrat party and their supporters do not care about citizens of the United States. Not one bit.

Just my belief.

But I shudder to think what their supporters think of anyone who doesn’t agree with them politically.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 04:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: AngryCymraeg

Nothing...NADA.

Not even remotely close to what I said.

No. But I do believe the democrat party and their supporters do not care about citizens of the United States. Not one bit.

Just my belief.

But I shudder to think what their supporters think of anyone who doesn’t agree with them politically.

Your belief is so wrong that I barely know where to start. FYI, I'm British, but my wife is a proud American. She's also a very proud Democrat. She cares very much about people, as do all her relatives who are also Democrats. If you really think that Democrats don't care about US citizens then you are fantastically poorly informed. Laughably so in fact. You are basically saying that they are not patriots. No.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Holy cow look at that. You just made the EXACT argument that normal people use to oppose gun control.

And don’t say ‘why not make everything illegal’ too loudly. Because that’s exactly what the dems want to do.

SOME illegal immigrants kill people, yes. But NOT ONE country openly allows people to enter ‘illegally’.

Not one.

Why do people WANT people to be ‘allowed’ to simply walk into the United States unchecked and unchallenged?

It’s insane.

If not a wall. A fence then? It most certainly works in Hungary and most certainly works in Poland.

AGAIN....I'm not advocating open borders. My point is if large numbers of people can still bypass the wall, what is the point of spending a HUGE amount of money on it? It's all about a war cry for followers, it's not based in reality.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:26 AM
link   

And you lie. What a surprise.

I never even remotely alluded to thinking that ALL illegals will do something bad.

But ZERO people should have the ability to simply waltz into ANY country without going through the proper channels.

You say I lie, but then totally ignore my repeated statements of saying that I have not at any point said there should be open borders. I have just said that a wall is not going to work. It won't stop drugs at all and people will come in on travel visas etc.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join