It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major National Security Announcement from President Trump - Tuesday 1.8.2019 at 9pm Eastern.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:50 AM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

Nowhere on planet earth, are 10 million illegal residents voting in a national election.

Do you have proof of that? Last I knew the democrats were dead set against voter ID laws claiming it would be (gasp) racist.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: djz3ro

Keep telling yourself that.
His speech wasnt so bad "it was comedy".
It was pretty normal imo. Not nesrly what it was hyped to be.
Stay on that bandwagon tho, maybe next time he wil pipe in some benny hill music for your enjoyment.
At least you admitted that for whatever reason trump has captured the attention of the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I've never been to the southern border but I have a lot of experience on our northern border with Canada. There are parts of Canada where you can cross into the United States and there is nothing but a sign in booth. No one on duty all you have to do is just have to sign before crossing. I've crossed into Canada at our busiest northern crossing in Michigan with no Identification. I forgot my wallet at home. I just got asked a few questions and they let me go in under 5 minutes. I've been fishing the boundary waters for the great lakes with with Canada for 30 years. We have border patrol and cameras all over the place. We also have the coast guard. A lot of Chinese nationals try coming in through our northern border all the time. The border patrol has caught them running across the Detroit river in the winter with no shoes and no coats. I live a 10 minute drive from Canada and I haven't seen a Canadian license plate in months. At the end of the day they go home.

The drug trade and illegal workers fuels most of this stuff on our southern border. I was cutting holes in fences when I was 10 years old. A wall isn't going to stop illegal activity on our southern border. Where there's a will there's a way. Maybe our southerns states should clamp down and people hiring illegals. Dig a trench and fill it with Nile crocodiles. Besides I thought Mexico was suppose to pay for this wall?
edit on 9-1-2019 by wantsome because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 07:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck
Well, that was a pretty serious 'nothingburger' as the republican kids like to say. I wonder what the value was of the airtime that was used to make the same speech he made...what...yesterday?
I kinda hope that Trump's speech was a prologue for something dramatic, because if it wasn't...then it was just lame. Like in a sorryful, pathetic way.

Hahaha
Got your attention snd you are in a foreign country and our southern border is thousands of miles from you.
Wonder if anyone here watches canuk leader speeches?
Probably not.
This an international forum, and you will see international response. Sorry if that makes you sad.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Nothing...NADA

like his major security announcement right?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What was his major national security announcement?

am I missing something?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

am I missing something?

Everyone's being nasty to him, the people coming over the border are very bad, the fact that coyotes are attacking them is also very bad, the Wall is good, the Democrats are bad, he needs some money for the Wall.
Or something like that. Frankly he's terrible at set speeches.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Yep it sure is.
It is interesting to see how many on "an international forum" are captivated by him.
As opposed to sad it make me happy to see how much of the worlds attention he has gotten with matters that are only internal. When he does have an international issue he has a built in audience.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Smoke and mirrors perhaps , a suspicious person might think the implied threat was meant to put pressure on Dems to either agree the deal or have the decision taken out of their hands with the national emergency announcement.

Nobody blinked so the bluff was called.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

am I missing something?

change the batteries in you hearing aid?
turn on the subtitles option on the device you watch?
read the transcript?
Surely you can't be unaware of the security issue at our southern border? Even chuck and nancy addressed that topic, or did you miss that one too?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 08:48 AM
link   

In fact, CNN has learned that authorities encountered roughly one dozen individuals on the terror watchlist -- not thousands -- at the southern border over a one-year period.

How many got in that they didn't know about - yeah, they can't know.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Yep it sure is.
It is interesting to see how many on "an international forum" are captivated by him.
As opposed to sad it make me happy to see how much of the worlds attention he has gotten with matters that are only internal. When he does have an international issue he has a built in audience.

Gapers' block. People slow down to see an accident scene.

The idea that getting "attention" is a "win" is fit for the Kardashians.

It is a sad and telling statement that President Trump's and his followers look to include "attention" in the win column.

Most children mature beyond that paradigm before becoming adults.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel

In fact, CNN has learned that authorities encountered roughly one dozen individuals on the terror watchlist -- not thousands -- at the southern border over a one-year period.

How many got in that they didn't know about - yeah, they can't know.

But the Whitehouse claimed to know. They said thousands. They clearly lied.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: Extorris

Yep it sure is.

Are children driving cars in your country?

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

Can't know the ones that are unknown. And now people trust government figures to be non biased.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: underpass61

Yep it sure is.

Are children driving cars in your country?

You deleted the preceding sentence.

Dishonest.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Much ado about nothing. Lies don't count as a major announcement. Rather, this was but a propaganda piece hoping to drum up (undeserved) support for a wall that most people don't want. Why? Because walls don't work. There are better ways to ensure border safety. Not to mention that America has no real threats in the world. We are the threat, the bully of the world.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Trump wants to declare a national emergency.... border security is Trump's Reichstag fire. And you guys are screeming for it... you deserve what you will get.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Extorris

I just left out the "Trump supporters are attention seekers" BS. Or is it just Trump supporters slowing down to see accidents? An incredibly weak analogy considering that the dems have been wailing and stomping their feet nonstop going on 3 years.

posted on Jan, 9 2019 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Yep it sure is.

The idea that getting "attention" is a "win" is fit for the Kardashians.

It is a sad and telling statement that President Trump's and his followers look to include "attention" in the win column.

I don't know that I called it a win, you did and it is interesting to see you put that in any context with Trump.
I stated I was happy that Trump appears to have the worlds attention, and I am. Better that than people struggling to know his name, if you want to call that a "win" I have no argument with it.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17 >>

join