It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon an unnaturally occurring object, and if so, what are the implications? #Yutu2

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I've tweeted this thread at NASA in the hopes that they'll see it, just in case.

We don't want the Chinese beating us to the punch on the scoop of all human history and which may point the way as I've suggested to a narrowed search for an Earth-analog within our own galaxy, along with an astonishing realization about intelligent life in the universe, the age of the universe and it's own evolution, as well as the existence of God along with the well-timed entry onto the scene of Jesus (who's life was like a ticking clock in relation to a particular lunar eclipse on the evening of April 3rd, 33AD).

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
There are innumerable ways in which our single giant moon does indeed effect life on Earth. Without it, we would not be here.

We wouldn't be here idf the Earth weren't here, either. Or idf the Sun formed differently or not at all.

However, that is not evidence that the Earth and Sun are artificially made just for us.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

We don't want the Chinese beating us to the punch

The Chinese are the only society on Earth to have thousands of years of history written down.

If they have been studying their own history, they should know more than the West does.

Other history from around the world has been written by the victors.

There is another thread current on the Sphinx and it is obvious that History is being kept from us.

Why not say it out loud, the Moon may have been a generational colony ship.

Now this would be fascinating.

I would also hazard a guess and say all went well with the colony until Earth decided to get all frosty and frozen.

We may find out sooner rather than later.

P

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Some background on the Chinese target landing region, one of the most interesting scientific AND resource-utilization regions on the moon, as US scientists realized years ago ==
Aitken Basin mission, “Astronomy” magazine, Dec 2005
www.jamesoberg.com...

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: JimOberg

Thank you. That's very interesting. Gotta hand it to the Chinese for getting a jump on this. Will they or are they sharing all their data?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Earth. The house of the midnight sun.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Would it not be rather ironic & a good joke at the atheists' expense, if, when we make contact & encounter interstellar-intergalactic Civilization, that they'r Christian?

I # you not, I Just said basically the same thing in an ATS thread within the last couple days.

I read the Twitter feed and commented. I'll be back to comment more here after I check your links and read some replies.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JimOberg
Some background on the Chinese target landing region, one of the most interesting scientific AND resource-utilization regions on the moon, as US scientists realized years ago ==
Aitken Basin mission, “Astronomy” magazine, Dec 2005
www.jamesoberg.com...

They're looking to get a jump on Helium-3 extraction?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

And no, I'm not crazy or schitzo. Just very curious, investigative and rationally and scientifically minded

If you are indeed scientifically minded you would know how the moon is formed and i'll put it in one simple sentence.

Late heavy bombardment, heavy collision, gravity, moon.

May I ask why did you link an article to universal topology which has nothing to do with the moon?

A scientific mind doesnt just shut down because we think we know the answer. If that were the case there would be no need for any expensive moon missions. But to the contrary there will be many more and much to learn.

Interesting that venus nor Mars experienced this "late heavy bombardment" in such a perfect way to form a moon like ours. Only Pluto has a similarly large moon size to mother planet size ratio.

I guess it was just another coincidence?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo

Luna - A Perfect Reflection

Hi ATS,

With the Chinese Moon landing of Yutu 2 on the dark side of the moon, it got me to thinking about precisely what they are there to research aside from the normal stuff, and whether there may be an effort underway to determine the mysterious and enigmatic INTERIOR of the moon, unto it's very CORE

Scientists from many nations, including China, have been researching the interior of the moon for decades, and its broad structure is well known as a result. The previous Chinese landing detected up to 9 distinct geological layers beneath it. They are hoping to find some of the material from the mantle below the crust, suggested to be likely to be on the surface thanks to the massive impact that created the South Aitken Basin. Researching the interior structure of the moon is the normal stuff to be doing.

Cool so what's the core made of?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Since several of our planets have moons I'd say that moons in general are not only naturally occurring but common as well.

"Yeah. There's nothing unique or special about Earth's moon." -Silly

"Excuse me??" - Every scientist alive along with anyone with any inkling of interest in astronomy.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 11:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470

Luna - A Perfect Reflection

Hi ATS,

With the Chinese Moon landing of Yutu 2 on the dark side of the moon, it got me to thinking about precisely what they are there to research aside from the normal stuff, and whether there may be an effort underway to determine the mysterious and enigmatic INTERIOR of the moon, unto it's very CORE

Scientists from many nations, including China, have been researching the interior of the moon for decades, and its broad structure is well known as a result. The previous Chinese landing detected up to 9 distinct geological layers beneath it. They are hoping to find some of the material from the mantle below the crust, suggested to be likely to be on the surface thanks to the massive impact that created the South Aitken Basin. Researching the interior structure of the moon is the normal stuff to be doing.

Cool so what's the core made of?

geology.com...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

As with any theory, it can be replaced if another theory that is even better comes along. This has happened many times with so many things in the past. 

No, no, you're just acting a fool. TheCakeIsALie says if you're scientifically minded then you automatically know how the moon was formed. Late heavy bombardment. End of discussion. That's how you do science.

In fact: our solar system seems to be the black sheep out of the over 3,000 exoplanet systems we have observed. 

No. There is nothing special or unique about humans, Earth, the moon or our solar system. Just stop already with the Bible thumping!

The problem with all that is: That's a sample of only ONE. We have NO other samples to look at right now outside of our own solar system. 

Now you're coming to your senses... Just because every observed system Appears to be radically different from our in every way and (just about?) every single one lacks large outer gaseous planets to absorb impacts as Jupiter, Saturn, Neptune and Ur(gigantic)anus have serviced us aptly for millions of years, doesn't mean that some other miracle couldnt have happened...

I mean, if we can learn Anything from our surroundings it's that miracles are very very possible.
edit on 1/7/2019 by 3n19m470 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3n19m470
a reply to: [post=24087435]

No, no, you're just acting a fool. TheCakeIsALie says if you're scientifically minded then you automatically know how the moon was formed. Late heavy bombardment. End of discussion. That's how you do science.

The Moon's formation is believed to pre-date the late heavy bombardment period by ~400 Million years.

Instead, it is thought the Moon was formed in a single large collision with another planet-sized object prior to the late heavy bombardmant, back in a time in the early solar systen when their may have been dozens of such rocky-planet sized objects.

edit on 1/7/2019 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Since several of our planets have moons I'd say that moons in general are not only naturally occurring but common as well.

None of the hundered of moons in our solar system we exhibit the mathamtical properties of our moon..

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: 3n19m470

No. There is nothing special or unique about humans, Earth, the moon or our solar system. Just stop already with the Bible thumping!

There are those that dont want to see...

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: purplemer

And there are those that make convenient sums out of very rounded up numbers and who mistake coincidence for miracles.

Accurate to 99.9% is not the same as accurate.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

That's not the half of it. You need to do some research. It's crazy, the design parameters of the Earth-Moon-Sun configuration.

The idea that a random collision by a mars-sized object can account for all the "coincidences" really stretches the boundaries of credibility.

I think you may have a strong bias against intelligent design due to the implications.

P.S. The human being isn't a monkey.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:33 PM
link   

a reply to: purplemer

And there are those that make convenient sums out of very rounded up numbers and who mistake coincidence for miracles.

Accurate to 99.9% is not the same as accurate.

I agree but at what point do you say it more than coincidence.

posted on Jan, 7 2019 @ 04:35 PM
link   

The implication would be someone or something placed it there so as to somewhat terraform or at least stabilise our world i suppose.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join