It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Moon an unnaturally occurring object, and if so, what are the implications? #Yutu2

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Luna - A Perfect Reflection

Hi ATS,

With the Chinese Moon landing of Yutu 2 on the dark side of the moon, it got me to thinking about precisely what they are there to research aside from the normal stuff, and whether there may be an effort underway to determine the mysterious and enigmatic INTERIOR of the moon, unto it's very CORE, and so I wrote the following thread on Twitter offering some ideas and hypothesis as to why the testing of such a hypothesis (unnatural "random" formation by "Big Whack" or "Double Whack" must be false) is so important and would turn our worldview regarding origins and destiny, on it's head, even within the context of an interstellar and intergalactic "society" ("sons of God") predating the formation of our own solar system and Earth-Moon-Sun system and configuration.

Please read

threadreaderapp.com...

I hope you like it.

Supporting pics

References:

www.goldennumber.net...

www.goldennumber.net...

Near flatness (near infinite ie: known universe shrunk to a golf ball compared to the size of actual universe being near infinite)

phys.org...

blogs.scientificamerican.com... part-i/

Your thoughts?
(please save the ridicule, this is for open-minded speculation and conjecture that isn't outside the realm of science and of the possible and conceivable no matter how different from "normal" ideas and conceptions regarding lunar formation & the entire process of evolution on Earth, including our own)

Best regards,

Ankh

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Aside from it's Chinese mythological origins, I also find the name of the Chinese probe to be rather interesting and potentially meaningful - You too, 2 or too..

And no, I'm not crazy or schitzo. Just very curious, investigative and rationally and scientifically minded, but I also like a good allegory or symbolic inference.

Hope someone will digest and chime in..

edit on 6-1-2019 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

The translations are meaningless to the Chinese. They are not naming their lunar probes to generate idiomatic puns for Anglophiles.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork
Luna - A Perfect Reflection

Hi ATS,

With the Chinese Moon landing of Yutu 2 on the dark side of the moon, it got me to thinking about precisely what they are there to research aside from the normal stuff, and whether there may be an effort underway to determine the mysterious and enigmatic INTERIOR of the moon, unto it's very CORE

Scientists from many nations, including China, have been researching the interior of the moon for decades, and its broad structure is well known as a result. The previous Chinese landing detected up to 9 distinct geological layers beneath it. They are hoping to find some of the material from the mantle below the crust, suggested to be likely to be on the surface thanks to the massive impact that created the South Aitken Basin. Researching the interior structure of the moon is the normal stuff to be doing.

edit on 6/1/2019 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:41 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

But i thought the moon was hollow and chucked full of nazis

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:06 AM
link   
Strange.
I've been thinking about how the moon formed a lot lately and then I spot this thread.

I'm sure that the moon wasn't a rogue object captured by Earths gravity. Something big must have struck Earth in it's early days and caused something like that last image to happen.

If that happened to our planet then there's no mistaking that it's happened countless times to other planets in the universe which further shows we can't be the only living beings in the cosmos.

I am curious as to why where these craters on the far side came from, seems like we wouldn't be possible without the moon shielding all that from us.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:11 AM
link   

And no, I'm not crazy or schitzo. Just very curious, investigative and rationally and scientifically minded

If you are indeed scientifically minded you would know how the moon is formed and i'll put it in one simple sentence.

Late heavy bombardment, heavy collision, gravity, moon.

May I ask why did you link an article to universal topology which has nothing to do with the moon?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Since several of our planets have moons I'd say that moons in general are not only naturally occurring but common as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: SpaghettiHero
Strange.
I've been thinking about how the moon formed a lot lately and then I spot this thread.

I'm sure that the moon wasn't a rogue object captured by Earths gravity. Something big must have struck Earth in it's early days and caused something like that last image to happen.

Cool. I love synchronicity.

No, the Moon can't be a captured object because the bulk of it consists of Earth mantle material, and testing has shown that it formed about the same distance from the sun as the Earth.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

I'm familiar with the "Big Whack" or the updated "Double Big Whack" hypothesis to try to explain lunar formation, yes.

For reasons partly explained in the unwrapped twitter thread I posted, and further illustrated, I don't think it's a valid hypothesis.

The universe topography being near flat addresses something that i referenced about the true magnitude of the the size of the Cosmos referenced as well.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme

Since several of our planets have moons I'd say that moons in general are not only naturally occurring but common as well.

The inner planets have no moons, the Earth is the only one with 1 moon, and the relative size of our moon (huge) to the host planet is not repeated.

Every aspect of evolution and life on Earth is a function of our moon and earth-moon-sun configuration, right down to the human reproductive and gestation cycle.

Without our single, giant moon, there would not be liquid water over 90% of the surface of the Earth, and the framework for long-term evolutionary stability would not exist.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:33 AM
link   
WHAT???
the inner planets do have moons. Ours thats one and Mars has two. Thats three right there.
make sense please...

You are making silly claims.

Moons are common... Jupiter alone has over sixty... even planets outside of our solar system seem to have them...
Even large asteroids seem to have moons.
They do not seem to be connected to life in any way shape or form....

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: AnkhMorpork

originally posted by: Sillyolme

The inner planets have no moons, the Earth is the only one with 1 moon, and the relative size of our moon (huge) to the host planet is not repeated.

Every aspect of evolution and life on Earth is a function of our moon and earth-moon-sun configuration, right down to the human reproductive and gestation cycle.

Without our single, giant moon, there would not be liquid water over 90% of the surface of the Earth, and the framework for long-term evolutionary stability would not exist.

Well someone forgot to send the memo to Mars or had you forgot about Phobos and Deimos?

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 06:55 AM
link   
As with most theories, the ones that end up accepted by most scientist are those that are able to answer questions that scientist have the best.

Capture theory has way too many problems in the physics and orbital mechanics.

The Blob theory (in which a part of early Earth was thrown off and formed the Moon) also have large problems due to physics.

The Coalesce (not sure if that's what it's called) theory, where the Moon formed just like the Earth but around the Earth conflicts with how we understand planetary formation.

The Giant Impact theory is the best theory that not only seems to answer many questions scientist had about the Moon, but also has the best supporting evidence (Moon rock samples).

As with any theory, it can be replaced if another theory that is even better comes along. This has happened many times with so many things in the past.

For example: we used to think our solar system would be pretty much the common and standard model for what other planetary systems around other stars looked like. In fact: our solar system seems to be the black sheep out of the over 3,000 exoplanet systems we have observed.

And that's key: observation.

As you stated: Earth is the only rocky planet around our sun that has a huge satellite. Earth is the only planet with liquid water on it's surface, and as far as we know right now, Earth is the only planet with life as we know it.

The problem with all that is: That's a sample of only ONE. We have NO other samples to look at right now outside of our own solar system.

That is starting to change with all the discoveries made with exoplanets around other stars. However, our observations of those systems is very limited right now. We have no idea how many of those systems that seem to have rocky worlds orbiting them, also have moons orbiting them.
We don't know how many of them might have liquid water on their surface.
And we don't know how many of them might have life on them.

Then throw in the fact that those 3,000 we've found are only from stars who's system is edge on with us.....which is a very, very, very small number of stars in our galaxy alone.

The good news is that our technology keeps getting better, so our observations will keep getting better too. Better observations will allow us to start having more than a sample of only 1 to look at, which then tells us how common something is (or how rare).

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Finally! Someone phrases the question, "Is the moon fake?" in an intelligent way that actually inspires debate.
s&f

Unnaturally occurring is an interesting thought.

What if humans did something really wrong in the far past that caused a chunk of earth to become removed.

Edgar cayce claims (while in a trance) that humanity is millions of years old. That long long ago we had different types and levels of tech.

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Jupiter has 79 moons, Saturn at the moment has 53 moons, with nine more waiting to be confirmed, Uranus has 27, and Neptune 13. The moon, is a naturally occurring object. Gravity , is why planets closer to the sun do not have moons.

spaceplace.nasa.gov...
edit on 6-1-2019 by iplay1up2 because: add

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Sillyolme

Sorry, I meant the ones in from ours, Mercury and Venus. "Inner" typically refers to those inside the asteroid belt to include Earth and Mars. There are innumerable ways in which our single giant moon does indeed effect life on Earth. Without it, we would not be here.

edit on 6-1-2019 by AnkhMorpork because: typo

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 09:34 AM
link   
It is also interesting that it's during the epoch when the moon appears as the same visible diameter as the sun, creating eclipse, that there are earth based observers to notice that "coincidence", which may be no mere coincidence, at all.

Some quotes about the strangeness of our moon

Here is a collection of interesting quotes from scientists, authors, researchers, NASA insiders and star-gazers relating to the enigmatic and often inexplicable nature of the moon:

Isaac Asimov,
American author and professor of biochemistry at Boston University and Science Fiction writer. Asimov was one of the most prolific writers of all time.

"We cannot help but come to the conclusion that the Moon by rights ought not to be there. The fact that it is, is one of the strokes of luck almost too good to accept… Small planets, such as Earth, with weak gravitational fields, might well lack satellites… … In general then, when a planet does have satellites, those satellites are much smaller than the planet itself. Therefore, even if the Earth has a satellite, there would be every reason to suspect… that at best it would be a tiny world, perhaps 30 miles in diameter. But that is not so. Earth not only has a satellite, but it is a giant satellite, 2160 miles in diameter. How is it then, that tiny Earth has one? Amazing."

"The Moon, which has no atmosphere and no magnetic field, is basically a freak of nature"

Irwin Shapiro,
Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics

“The best possible explanation for the Moon is observational error – the Moon doesn’t exist.’

"The Moon is bigger than it should be, apparently older than it should be and much lighter in mass than it should be. It occupies an unlikely orbit and is so extraordinary that all existing explanations for its presence are fraught with difficulties are none of them could be considered remotely watertight."

Christopher Knight and Alan Bulter
Book: Who Built the Moon?

The Moon has astonishing synchronicity with the Sun. When the Sun is at its lowest and weakest in mid-winter, the Moon is at its highest and brightest, and the reverse occurs in mid-summer. Both set at the same point on the horizon at the equinoxes and at the opposite point at the solstices. What are the chances that the Moon would naturally find an orbit so perfect that it would cover the Sun at an eclipse and appear from Earth to be the same size? What are chances that the alignments would be so perfect at the equinoxes and solstices?

Farouk El Baz,
NASA

"If water vapour is coming from the Moon’s interior is this serious. It means that there is a drastic distinction between the different phases of the lunar interior – that the interior is quite different from what we have seen on the surface."

Mikhail Vasin, Alexander Shcherbakov,
Societ Academy of Sciences, 1970.

"Is the moon a creation of an alien intelligence?"

Dr Harold Urey,
Nobel Prize for Chemistry

"I’m terribly puzzled by the rocks from the Moon and in particular of their titanium content."

Dr S Ross Taylor,
Geochemist of lunar chemical analysis,

Said the problem was that maria plains the size of Texas had to be covered with melted rock containing fluid titanium. He said you would not expect titanium ever to be hot enough to do that, even on Earth, and no one has ever suggested that the Moon was hotter than the Earth.

"What could distribute titanium in this way? Highly advanced technology developed and operated by entities that are immensely more technologically advance than humans."

Dr. Gordon MacDonald,
NASA

"it would seem that the Moon is more like a hollow than a homogenous sphere’. He surmised that the data must have been wrong – but it wasn’t."

Carl Sagan,
Cosmologist,

"A natural satellite cannot be a hollow object."

Dr. Sean C Solomon,
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

"The Lunar Orbiter experiments had vastly improved knowledge of the Moon’s gravitational field and indicated the frightening possibility that the Moon might be hollow."

University of Arizona Lon Hood
"We knew that the Moon’s core was small, but we didn’t know it was this small… This really does add weight to the idea that the Moon’s origin is unique, unlike any other terrestrial body."

NASA scientists
The Apollo 12 mission to the Moon in November 1969 set up seismometers and then intentionally crashed the Lunar Module causing an impact equivalent to one ton of TNT. The shockwaves built up for eight minutes, and NASA scientists said the Moon ‘rang like a bell.

Maurice Ewing,
American geophysicist and oceanographer

"As for the meaning of it, I’d rather not make an interpretation right now, but it is as though someone had struck a bell, say, in the belfry of the a church a single blow and found that the reverberation from it continued for 30 minutes."

Ken Johnson,
Supervisor of the Data and Photo Control department during the Apollo missions

"The Moon not only rang like a bell, but the whole Moon wobbled in such a precise way that it was almost as though it had gigantic hydraulic damper struts inside it."

Moon rocks have been found to contain processed metals, including brass and mica, and the elements Uranium 236 and Neptunium 237 that have never been found to occur naturally.

Dr. D L Anderson,
Professor of geophysics and director of the seismological laboratory,
California Institute of Technology

"The Moon is made inside out and that its inner and outer compositions should be the other way around."

Dr. Robin Brett,
NASA Scientist

"It seems much easier to explain the nonexistence of the moon than its existence."

redice.tv...

What I find rather interesting among the replies, is the inability or unwillingness, to even begin to consider the premise of the OP and title, which was to point out that the geometrical configuration of Earth/Moon/Sun (although there are a myriad of other strange aspects involving ratios and whole rounded integers, as well as the orbital properties of the moon) appears to preclude and render impossible and absurd the prevailing idea that the moon was formed by a random impact (or double impact) with a Mar-sized object.

Many esteemed physicists and knowledgeable people however, beg to differ. They got it, they understood the astronomically improbable nature of Earth's satellite, which it would appear has been running an evolutionary program on Earth from it's inception in order to produce, as if by anticipation (see eclipse) the present day experience of life that we enjoy.

All I'm asking is for people to give it consideration and to think outside the box regardless of the implications.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."

~ Sherlock Holmes, Arthur Conan Doyle

edit on 6-1-2019 by AnkhMorpork because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'd heard that one of the main things the Chinese probe is looking at is the interior of the moon.

If the moon is an artificially created object by an ancient Type III Civilization (working in tandem with the Creator to lay the "cornerstone"?) containing an ancient alien artifact as it's tiny core, then this would raise a lot of intriguing questions by deductive reasoning and inference, particularly as it may relate to the search for an Earth-analog.

There is this prevailing assumption that our particular configuration (a single, giant moon in a perfect orbit for long term, sustained evolutionary development) somehow isn't relevant to the search for another Earth-like world whereby all we need identify is a rocky water world in the Goldilocks zone. However, if we're really hoping to find an Earth-analog, then our hopes would be certainly dashed by the uniqueness of our situation.

BUT, if it turns out to be true (however incredulous), that our moon was formed around some sort of TypeIII Civilization astro-engineered "moon-seed", the probability of finding an Earth-analog goes up, astronomically (think farmers who surely have more than one seed in the barn so to speak).

Further, if the relatively "speedy" evolution of life on Earth is connected with being in the periodic sights of the "gun" of Cygnus X-3 to receive cosmic ray bombardment from that galactic Blazer, of which there is believed to be only one such object in our entire galaxy, we ought to investigate the slice of the Milky Way that includes Earth and that would reside within the same "cone" of influence in recognition that not one such "seed" would be wasted and that what worked here would surely be tried somewhere else..

Consider now from this day and upward, from the four and twentieth day of the ninth month, even from the day that the foundation of the Lord's temple was laid, consider it carefully.

Is the seed yet in the barn? yea, as yet the vine, and the fig tree, and the pomegranate, and the olive tree, hath not brought forth fruit: from this day forward will I bless you.

Haggai 2: 18-19

posted on Jan, 6 2019 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Lunar Cicada

Cycle period of a few billion years.

Will emerge and lay waste to the Earth below, before returning to moon and laying next generation.
- -
Purposefully placed monitor, drone, satellite, etc...
- -
Big lifeless rock.
- -
Time machine.
- -

Tbqh I don't really care if any particular moon scenario is true or not. It's only interesting to me, because of the properties of it's surface energy gradient.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join