It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad Social Commentary

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I think I'll let everyone draw their own conclusions regarding the incident on this video tape. I think it says a lot about the state of our society without commentary. I can remember when such a thing could not have happened.

www.ebaumsworld.com...

[edit on 05/2/26 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That's really sad to watch... and from the description on the site.. it was all over nothing...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 09:55 PM
link   
If this guy had been there, everything would have been cool.

Afroninja!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I used to video tape stuff like that from my bedroom window when the fights and gunshots would wake me up. Club across the street. Sent my collection off to the mayor though complaining about the "off duty" cops being paid as bouncers that typically made things worse, let guns and kids in the club and then kept my 911 calls from being properly responded to as part of the blue coverup. I was just trying to get the club shut down, not get cops in trouble, but they don't see it that way.

No response on the tape, and no copy unfortunately. Send that stuff to the NEWS when you have it, not the cops.

Anybody remember when Freaknik was still Freaknik and have the misfortune of being in Atlanta then? My jaw still won't set right. Street beatings are fun.
Especially when the cops try and run the victim in for "being there" (in your own city).

But you seriously can't blame the people just watching. You get conditioned to that stuff. Trying to help just gets you shot or arrested.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 10:44 PM
link   
It's so amazing how someone can be in the wrong and start so much crap and hurt others.....over their own wrong doing to start with, just really sad!
I hope she gets something out of it!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
If this guy had been there, everything would have been cool.

Afroninja!

lmfao

Thanks for the laugh, Grady, I wasn't expecting that. It was great.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Unprovoked violence is not new. It’s called bullying. It’s a distinct personality disorder. David and Goliath maybe an early example of a bully getting his comeuppance. Moses got into trouble when he came to the aid of a person being beaten. Peter overacted with his sword in the Garden of Gethsemane but Jesus was there to fix it.

It’s a matter of personality. With enough time on Freud’s couch, we could learn what impulses this bully was obedient to. Because both people who were struck were blind sided, a street-fighter’s style, and they did not get up quickly, there may have been serious injuries inflicted. I’d guess the perpetrator was an old hand at this and will have a lengthy record. Add to that his physical size and his prowess at his craft, and you have one dangerous person on the loose.

If I was a judge, I’d turn loose a check-writer or Mary Jane offender under a half pound, and fill his bunk with this fellow who relishes violence. It is unlikely you can teach him a lesson he’d follow, so on his third or fourth trip downtown, I’d put him away until he gets to SS age, 65. By then even if the spirt has not left him the physical ability to injure others will be diminished.

posted on Sep, 3 2006 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Yes I agree stuff like this did not happen as often and it does say something about the state of our society now days.

The sad part is that this was over pizza!...common no one is defending their home, their pride or their kids and wife.... just cutting in line to get freaking pizza dough, tomato sauce and pepperoni faster than anyone else....

The worst part is that im convinced that if you give this tape to a major pizza corporation they will voice over the tape and make a commercial out of this and show it on prime time tv......with our kids watching it and getting brainwashed....and later on turning like the individuals on this tape....ohh the circle of life

posted on Sep, 4 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I was angry at the bully who did the beatings...too true. Reserve some anger for the bystanders, 4 or 5 of them, who stood there and did NOTHING, even in one case turned away...WTF? Surely the four or five, none of whom appeared to be exactly teeny, tiny, could have say herded the guy out the door while someone called the cops? I really hoped they enjoyed the views in their respective mirrors the next morning.

The chick in the flick...my goodness. Serious issues there...

His obvious skill and talent for administering beatings leads to the obvious question, why in the hell wasn't he in jail? If on parol, the parol board obviously missed the boat.

Ah well, I wasn't there...thank goodness...I might have done something incredibly stupid and gallant and tried to help the poor guys getting the crap beaten out of him, and quite probably gotten the crap beat out of me. I hate seeing my own blood.

new topics

top topics

join