It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel in Syria began to play: Russia's patience is over

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Six F-16 aircraft of the Israeli Air Force, while on December 25 in Lebanese airspace, fired 16 GBU-39 guided bombs in the environs of Damascus, the Russian Foreign Ministry said. Fourteen of these bombs were destroyed by Syrian air defenses. Two more bombs hit the logistic center of the 138th brigade of the Syrian army. Three soldiers were injured. The fire was quickly located by fire brigades.

Air strikes by the Israeli Air Force on the outskirts of Damascus are regarded by the Russian Foreign Ministry as a gross violation of Syrian sovereignty and UN Security Council resolutions.

The director of the Museum of Air Defense Forces, Colonel Retired Yuri Knutov, in an interview with the Federal News Agency, revealed the details of the new provocation of Israelis and explained how the Syrian military managed to repel the Israeli Air Force strike.

The expert told the Federal News Agency (FAN) that Israeli pilots used guided bombs that have very high targeting accuracy using the GPS system.

“The Syrians could not crush the GPS by electronic warfare, because there were civilian aircraft, which in this case would be a big problem. The attacks on Syria were carried out precisely when civilian planes were in the air, so that the Syrians could not use EW systems. Otherwise, the sights of the Israelis would be “muddied” with interference. This is again exclusively provocative actions. Against GBU-39, it's like shooting a cannon on a sparrow. S-300 is a more powerful and serious system. Most likely, “Pantsiri” and, as a last resort, “Buki” were used. The fact that almost 90% of the GBU-39 guided bombs were shot down is a great result. All this - for the time being. It will all end with the fact that one fine day Israel from ambush will get what it deserves. ”

An Arabic analyst and publicist writes from the UK that, judging by the facial reaction of Russia, expressed in an official statement of General Konashenko,

“We cannot rule out that this Israeli missile raid on Syria is the last”

The analyst writes:

"Israeli attacks on arms depots in the Latakia area near the Khmeimim airbase led to the collapse of the Russian spy plane and the death of 11 people aboard. President Putin immediately decided to transfer the S-300 air defense system to Syria. He refused to accept Netanyahu, despite all his humiliating requests. Thus, the question arises - what will be the decision of the Russian leadership in connection with this Israeli provocation, which caused damage to Russia's reputation in Syria? Will Moscow give a green light ie the application of the S-300 missiles to fight the Israeli planes, not only in the Syrian airspace, but also in Lebanon, as well as, possibly, in the occupied Palestinian territories? "

And comes to a certain conclusion:

“It is no exaggeration to say that this blow may be Netanyahu’s last shot before he finds himself where his predecessor Ehud Olmert is now, that is, in prison. Even if he avoids this fate, his chances of winning the next parliamentary elections seem insignificant. The days of Netanyahu are numbered, and we do not think that the situation for his successors will be better: the time when Israel could show its military arrogance passed and will not return, and in the new year we will see it. "

Russia really suffered for a very long time. Has the situation reached the point of return, in connection with the last raid, the immediate future will show. Russia is capable of, at a minimum, shooting down all Israeli targets, and. as a maximum. destroy the air base with all its contents, from where these targets took off.

Unfortunately, the situation has come up at a radical level.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll
Yeah, it was a really nice strike too! Too bad no Russians were harmed in the making of this film

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
a reply to: Strate8
Actually Israel launched a salvo from Lebanese airspace Christmas day.

edit on 12-28-2018 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

While I'm no fan of Israel or Iran, I am a huge fan of trying to see things without bias.

Iran used the invitation to Syria as a facade for pushing forward positioning on Israel. Of course Israel isn't going to sit idly by as this happens, and maybe they have taken it too far in specific instances (they most likely have).

I think Russia is almost if not equally as frustrated with Iran for mucking up the waters and making an already warm proxy war turn hot.

As demonstrated by Turkey shooting down a Russian jet, killing a pilot, Russia (and Putin) don't react as rash as people claim.

I think Russia will give Israel fair warning not to do this again before taking out an asset.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
14 of 16 destroyed....
Hmm...

Maybe.
I seem to remember all those scud missiles shot down during the gulf war that didn't get shot down.....lol

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Recall Trump's latest rocket blast across Syria? Of the 108 cruise missiles, the Russians allowed to achieve the goal of 1/10 parts, and then only on empty targets. The rest of the Tomahawks safely fell into the sands of the desert and, in general, were sent to Moscow for study. Russian EW is 100 years ahead of everyone.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
Russian EW is 100 years ahead of everyone.

Lol, ok, now you're a troll JOKE account to eh comrade?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wayfarer

Tomahawk was not joking, comrade)))

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:29 PM
link   

I think it is important to think about the capabilities of other countries who haven't tied a majority of their defense spending and efforts into useless wars.

While we have been focusing all of our attention on fighting "terrorism" (sometimes fighting it, sometimes inadvertently creating it), other countries have been focusing their research and capability on conventional wars.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:35 PM
link   
If you don't believe me get Zaphod in here to school y'all on the state of US warfighting capacity. I worked DoD on sensor/EW systems less than a decade ago and there was a whole generation gap between the US and Russia at that time. They didn't pull 50 years of advancement out of there ass in this decade, I can assure you.

Its a self-avowed Russian trollfarm account, making unabashed propaganda posts directly pulled from RT, why are we giving him serious consideration again?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:38 PM
link   

If you don't believe me get Zaphod in here to school y'all on the state of US warfighting capacity. I worked DoD on sensor/EW systems less than a decade ago and there was a whole generation gap between the US and Russia at that time. They didn't pull 50 years of advancement out of there ass in this decade, I can assure you.

Its a self-avowed Russian trollfarm account, making unabashed propaganda posts directly pulled from RT, why are we giving him serious consideration again?

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Recall Trump's latest rocket blast across Syria? Of the 108 cruise missiles, the Russians allowed to achieve the goal of 1/10 parts, and then only on empty targets. The rest of the Tomahawks safely fell into the sands of the desert and, in general, were sent to Moscow for study. Russian EW is 100 years ahead of everyone.

That must be why Russian hardware has done so well in recent conflicts.........lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Are you saying less than 10 years ago they were 50 years ahead of the US on EW? I never realized that. I thought it was the other way around.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

That must be why Russian hardware has done so well in recent conflicts.........lol.

I see a long line for the C-400)) And Russia still has the C-500, C-600 and even C-700. But this is - space)))

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

Easy there killer.

OP has stated that relations between Russia and Israel are tense right now, we can probably all agree.

OP made ( I assume in hyperbole) a statement that Russia's EW capabilities are ahead of America's by 100.

Certainly not 100, maybe not even ahead... But I'd bet money that whatever it is, we've underestimated it.

Before we get all high and mighty about our EW capabilities, they are almost useless without counter measures.

We've been victim to EW attacks before, most we probably don't know about.

But I think the biggest in recent history is the hack on our drone infrastructure.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My Pops told me during Christmas dinner, to keep my eyes on Damascus . He said Damascus will be leveled, per scripture, and it may be happening soon.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
this whole situation is getting too close to going full scale and nobody (except Turkey, Iran and Israel perhaps) are happy about it. Was this a response to Trump pulling our guys out or was it already in the works and he wanted our guys out of the way? So far Trump and Putin have acted responsibly (ok, there was the cruise missile attack on an airbase) and can hopefully keep these barking dogs on their leash and let Syria begin to put it's country back together again.

I really think the US should pledge a few billion in aid to Syria for rebuilding. It would be received by the Arab community as a good gesture and would help alleviate the pressure on Europe to take in more ME refugees. Assad would be smart to send some Iran's revolutionary guards back home. Those 2 things would do much to tie Netanyahu's hands.

Question: Who here thinks Erdogan and Netanyahu made a deal to attack Syria together?
edit on 28-12-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: visitedbythem
My Pops told me during Christmas dinner, to keep my eyes on Damascus . He said Damascus will be leveled, per scripture, and it may be happening soon.

Do not worry, the Russians will not allow this. Damascus for Christianity is as important a city as Jerusalem. Remember where Saul went when he became the apostle Paul. To Damascus! And Russians believe in God!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Asktheanimals
this whole situation is getting too close to going full scale and nobody (except Turkey, Iran and Israel perhaps) are happy about it. Was this a response to Trump pulling our guys out or was it already in the works and he wanted our guys out of the way? So far Trump and Putin have acted responsibly (ok, there was the cruise missile attack on an airbase) and can hopefully keep these barking dogs on their leash and let Syria begin to put it's country back together again.

I really think the US should pledge a few billion in aid to Syria for rebuilding. It would be received by the Arab community as a good gesture and would help alleviate the pressure on Europe to take in more ME refugees. Assad would be smart to send some Iran's revolutionary guards back home. Those 2 things would do much to tie Netanyahu's hands.

Compromise is always better than war, my friend!

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

Question: Who here thinks Erdogan and Netanyahu made a deal to attack Syria together?

If you asked me if that was possible a year ago, I would have laughed.....

Then I saw all the weird temporary alliances their for the sake of that specific proxy war. My gut would tell me they wouldn't slight the Kurds and consequently the US by making nice with Turkey on that front, but after reading widespread accusations that Israel backed factions of Al Qaeda in Syria, I can no longer be surprised.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join