It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel in Syria began to play: Russia's patience is over

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

History has proven that great powers overstretched and focused on the wrong opponents have fallen to their arrogance.

Agreed and were definitely not above that as well.....I dont think any nation is as far as that goes

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
Japanese wouldn't be effective pilots because of the shapes of their eyes.... Queue in Pearl Harbor (or so goes one of the official stories).

Dude put your index fingers on the outside of your eyes and pull outward and tell me if you can see anything...

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Wayfarer

US spends absurd amounts of money, so even if you count the money spent waging the war on terror as a waste, we're still outspending Russia with the remainder.

That's easy to do considering Russia has an economy smaller than Texas at the moment. Even with our inefficiencies we've typically excelled in any area of defense. I do have to give them credit for being able to pay a fraction for a close to equal in many areas though. Give credit where it's do so to speak

There are some advancements (mainly in the IT field) that are proving to be especially transferable in value even unto a conventional conflict, so its not all waste either.

Reliance can be a downside though as well. I'm not saying it will be, but something concerns me with the imminent marriage of the US government and the tech industry. Amazon hosting the clouds of the CIA and soon to be the Pentagon do not have me thrilled.

Lastly, all the folks I worked with understood that while our technology was seemingly superior, that you never underestimate an enemy, so many scenarios were assessed with the assumption that the Russians secretly had some technology comparable/superior to ours (as I mentioned earlier, an extremely unlikely scenario).

Sometimes technology doesn't win though. Omitting Korea and Vietnam since they did not act alone, post WWII we've had a rough time in our foreign escapades, many of whom were piss ant opponents who ended up kicking us in the balls.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Japanese wouldn't be effective pilots because of the shapes of their eyes.... Queue in Pearl Harbor (or so goes one of the official stories).

Dude put your index fingers on the outside of your eyes and pull outward and tell me if you can see anything...

It's rare that I read a post on here that makes me audibly giggle, thanks for breaking that dry spell. lol.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

so many scenarios were assessed with the assumption that the Russians secretly had some technology comparable/superior to ours

And from I understand from friends that work in areas developing such tech, that is the approach that is taken.....its better to ASSUME your potential enemy is at least on the same level that you are, and work to develop tech to counter that....

Just like we have a contingency plan for if Canada has a bad/tainted maple syrup harvest one year and they decide to invade the US for our reserves.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll

discuss a glass of vodka and restrain their women

Vodka sucks...well Polish Vodka isn't too bad.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

so many scenarios were assessed with the assumption that the Russians secretly had some technology comparable/superior to ours

And from I understand from friends that work in areas developing such tech, that is the approach that is taken.....its better to ASSUME your potential enemy is at least on the same level that you are, and work to develop tech to counter that....

Just like we have a contingency plan for if Canada has a bad/tainted maple syrup harvest one year and they decide to invade the US for our reserves.

Thats fine, just keep their hands off my bacon or its gonna be a bad day......

Besides they have their own version of bacon.......

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Russia's patience is over

Yeah since 20 years, daily. Russia has big mouth like NK.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

If we just cried while they ran off with our ham we could let them think they got our bacon.

All joking aside, I know we over prepare and over assume, but we do live in a climate that may not be enough.

China has been doing well at flying under the radar while other belligerents steal most of the attention, but China is still considered to be the top threat at the moment.

Syria has proven to be a proxy that could go WWIII one botched operation as the incident with the US and Russian mercenaries proved.

And our domestic infrastructure has proven vulnerable to not only sovereign belligerents, but also freelance. Should someone exploit that heavily in a short window of time, all of our attention is drawn home. I think this has been prodded and probed over the last couple of years by entities to see the extent that could be done.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

To all my friends and readers on ATS!

My time is now 00-00 December 29, 2018. I have a New Year ahead, then Christmas, then holidays until January 10, 2019.

Thanks to all my friends and opponents. This year is my last post. I'm going on vacation.
Imagine, even Russian trolls go on vacation))) Joke.

I wish you all, without exception, a new year of happiness, health, family well-being and love !!!
For a man, the main thing is love and family. I wish your families Love!

Goodbye and see you again in the New Year!

Your Russian troll)))
edit on 28-12-2018 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

That's easy to do considering Russia has an economy smaller than Texas at the moment. Even with our inefficiencies we've typically excelled in any area of defense. I do have to give them credit for being able to pay a fraction for a close to equal in many areas though. Give credit where it's do so to speak

I have concerns about the personal of many militarizes. The US military has perfected the leadership roll of the NCO where in other countries they still wait on orders from officers. Plus most are not true professional soldiers...I remember when Russia switched their anti freeze from wood base alcohol to drinkable because too many of their military personal was drinking the bad stuff...You can't make this sh@t up...even in Afghanistan there is different meanings to ISAF that came about from direct observations.

edit on 28-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I wish you all, without exception, a new year of happiness, health, family well-being and love !!!

"Going on Vacation" is code in Russia for heading to the Siberian work camps...GL friend

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   

To all my friends and readers on ATS!

My time is now 00-00 December 29, 2018. I have a New Year ahead, then Christmas, then holidays until January 10, 2019.

Thanks to all my friends and opponents. This year is my last post. I'm going on vacation.
Imagine, even Russian trolls go on vacation))) Joke.

Goodbye and see you again in the New Year!

Your Russian troll)))

Have a good one old chap and looking forward to reading your threads and posts next year.

Thank you for being humble amongst the aggressive ones here who show their true colors and can’t take off their blinkers to have a more open minded point of view.

Lags

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Cheers, have a vodka or 15 for me.

I'll have a bourbon or 15 for you.
(on New Years, or any day really.)

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

Nice to see you supporting the deep state agenda. Well done for your critical thought.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I doubt that they intercepted 14 out of 16. I've seen one image with 4 bomb craters in addition to the destroyed building. I don't know how to copy images here but here is a link to the Tweet.

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   

a reply to: Bluntone22

Recall Trump's latest rocket blast across Syria? Of the 108 cruise missiles, the Russians allowed to achieve the goal of 1/10 parts, and then only on empty targets. The rest of the Tomahawks safely fell into the sands of the desert and, in general, were sent to Moscow for study. Russian EW is 100 years ahead of everyone.

Really. So why couldn't the Russians image all these Tomahawks in the desert before sending them to Moscow for study? The claim of all those Tomahawks shot down was as bad as the target list that the Russian Ministry of Defence came up with.

In order to claim those missiles shot down the Russian had to fabricate airstrikes on the following targets and airfields.

The strike targeted Syrian air bases as well. Russia has registered the following data. Four missiles targeted the Damascus International Airport; 12 missiles – the Al-Dumayr airdrome, all the missiles have been shot down. 18 missiles targeted the Blai airdrome, all the missiles shot down. 12 missiles targeted the Shayrat air base, all the missiles shot down. Air bases were not affected by the strike. Five out of nine missiles were shot down targeting the unoccupied Mazzeh airdrome. Thirteen out of sixteen missiles were shot down targeting the Homs airdrome. There are no heavy destructions.

It was like the Russians gave this task of producing this blatant propaganda to a junior officer. The ridiculous claims even extended to B-1B Lancers using GBU-38 JDAMs. That would have required B-1B actually entering Syrian airspace and overflying the target to hit with JDAMS. Not only that they also claimed that F-15 and F-16 were also launching air-to-surface missiles.

As evident by the available data, 103 cruise missiles have been launched, including Tomahawk naval-based missiles as well as GBU-38 guided air bombs fired from the B-1B; the F-15 and F-16 aircraft launched air-to-surface missiles.

It is just embarrassing that the Russian Ministry of Defence actually briefed that non-sense and they still have it on the Ministry of Defence website!

Russian Ministry of Defence Link

None of those airfields were targeted and no B-1Bs dropped GBU-38 JDAMS. Again it is like the designated this task to a junior officer to come up with a story in order to claim that vast majority of cruise missile shot down. It was just embarrassing the levels of blatant propaganda!

edit on 28/12/2018 by tommyjo because: Additional info added

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RexKramerPRT

Here is the pic. there is a thread on how to put pics in your posts. Just make sure they are not bigger than 2MB or they will not work.

There is a guide somewhere, all I can find searching is the old ones

edit on 28-12-2018 by LookingAtMars because: remove old link

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

Cheers. I'll have a look into how to do it myself

posted on Dec, 28 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

bugga
looks like I have lobbed in on this thread
just in time to be too late