It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the wall stop illegals?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Of course it will stop illegals. You don't see them camping out on Pelosi's front lawn do you?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 09:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: mysterioustranger

OH don't get me wrong lol I don't think it's going to get built either lol

I'm with you on wishing we didn't have a need for them as well. We're in a sad state.

That being said it is a wonderful Christmas season and merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

God Bless us all! Thanks!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

Ok, that's just a joke! but do we really think people won't find a way to get over, under, cut through or via ultralight over a wall?

BTW, I'm all for a wall, I like defined spaces, but I think we are putting way too much focus on a barrier, and not the root cause why people will do anything to come here.

NO... it won't STOP illegal immigration... no barrier will stop everything.

But that's not really the point. So long as it significantly impedes the velocity of crossings, it becomes a game changer in conjunction with a resource reallocation of other border security assets... especially border patrol agents.

No one has really bothered dealing with this issue. Border security assets should be in constant review and flux, and application of technology and new a=ideas should be ONGOING.

The best way to deal with the border is through constraint analysis, and readjustment based on data feedback.

Give DHS a a wall... a strategy... and have security experts monitor and adjust based on the incoming data on effectiveness of each strategy or combination of strategies.

But first... you have to have make it very clear we are trying to accomplish a specific task and strategy, not just rearrange the chairs of a bureaucracy.

In short, a wall will have the greatest positive impact, and provide opportunity to redeploy existing assets in a way that will make a HUGE dent in illegal crossings, and in human trafficking and drug trafficking.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:12 PM
link   
The border fence will slow down and stop many - the rest will be easy fodder for motion sensors and drones.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: JAGStorm

No, it absolutely will not! Something Fox doesn't talk about, is the fact most illegals, in the United States, did not cross the border in Mexico.

If you mean the ones that flew in and over stayed visa, they are, to some extent traceable.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:42 PM
link   

BTW, I'm all for a wall, I like defined spaces, but I think we are putting way too much focus on a barrier, and not the root cause why people will do anything to come here.

Of course it won't. The vast majority of illegals fly into the country, they don't cross the southern border. Furthermore, illegal immigration from Mexico, and even from all of South and Central America combined is less than illegal immigration from China.

As if all of that weren't enough, most illegal immigrants come over here legally. They become illegal by overstaying visas.

A wall, even if we were to build one, does absolutely nothing.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: SeaWorthy

The Center for Migration Studies is a branch of the UN
Please try again

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:05 AM
link   
What happens when people trying to enter America illegally run into a wall?

A wall exists between San Diego and Tijuana.

A 5,000 member caravan from Honduras met that wall in early December 2018.

Some were hurt, attempting to break the law by scaling it.
Woman impaled in her buttocks: www.breitbart.com...

The rest decided to wait their turn to apply for U.S. asylum, or stay in Mexico permanently, or return home.

The Moral of this story: WALLS WORK!

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

First off, thank you for your service and I do appreciate your work to make this country safer. As you said, there is a lot of bad people out there, more than me and the rest of the average Joe's are privy to. You don't think a well guarded boarder would have any effect? Sounds like you know your sh*t. Way more than I know. Ill change my stance if the evidence points to the other side of my opinion.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Ok, that's just a joke! but do we really think people won't find a way to get over, under, cut through or via ultralight over a wall?

Anyone wanting to have such a wall, must also be willing to do something about those who attempt to get past it. There can be no success stories - a presedence must be set. The Berlin Wall is an example - deadly force was applied to anyone trying to get accross.

In short - Such a wall can't really exist without some severe penalty for attempting to get over/under/through it.

I wonder if that is a cost that has been taken into consideration?

Relying on it being "yuuuge" is not enough.

I'm leaning on the side of LEGAL immigration, and a very strict one at that - no matter what countries are involved.

One might argue that "Excrement hole countries" exist solely because of big countries grabbing their resources over the centuries have ruined them. No matter what - the world is filled with bad apples, and I believe all countries have a big enough supply internally to need any more.

One reason why liberals are so fond of immigrants, must be because they seem to be quite woke in their ability to change not only gender, but also age. They start out as men in their 30s, but suddenly they are all women with children.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Phoenix

No its much simpler than that.... They will climb over it or tunnel under it. Rolls eyes...
Cannon... ha ha ha drama much baby?
Manufacturing potential voters ??? ...I'm so sure. LOL.
I guess thats the posture you need to take when your party is in the toilet.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thats why we have drones.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: acrux

The berlin wall wasnt even 100 miles long... it was much easier to monitor. I was there. There were bunkers with marksmen every few hundred feet.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

The couple who lived next door to me when I was a child, Mr and Mrs. Breu escaped from east Germany. I dont know if they went over the wall or through a bordering country. There were some who made it out.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: DBCowboy

Thats why we have drones.

Wrong. If drones worked, we wouldn't have a problem.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: RetsuUnohana

If you mean the ones that flew in and over stayed visa, they are, to some extent traceable.

Of the 15 to 20 million here illegally about 80% come from south of the border and the vast majority didn't fly in...lol

The other side of this is to fine companies that use them...make it unprofitable and they will not come...

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Wrong. If drones worked, we wouldn't have a problem.

Well they use Preds and Reapers with not much airtime. That is like delivering newspapers with a Ferrari.. I said in another post the company I work for could cover 120 miles of Border with 4 drones and a crew of 6 for 24/7 coverage. All this on 8 gallons of gas and extremely good day/night cameras.

Extend this to 8 drones and 6 more people and we could have 2 spokes off a hub that would cover a total of 360 miles of border 24/7 with observations less than 1 hour for every inch of that 360 miles. This is with our smallest drone 55 pounds. Now go just a little bigger 150 pounds with BLOS capabilities and we are talking whatever it can see flying at 80kts per hour...

The military drones support the border but in limited fashion using training hours, so lets go 24/7...
edit on 25-12-2018 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: abe froman

But they 'were' screened and vetted. We know a bit about them.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 06:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: roadgravel

The couple who lived next door to me when I was a child, Mr and Mrs. Breu escaped from east Germany. I dont know if they went over the wall or through a bordering country. There were some who made it out.

Well, proof that walls are utterly useless.

posted on Dec, 25 2018 @ 11:23 PM
link   
no, but it wil be used to keep us in at some point.smh

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join