It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the wall stop illegals?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

and come from Canada with legal visas that they let expire and never leave.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

A wall is archaic technology from several centuries ago.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sillyolme
What wall?
There ain't gonna be no wall....

Come on....

Silly, what is your end game here...The wall cost is nothing at the Government level, and even when Obama threw 100s of billions at Green companies that failed before the end of his term there was zero complaint, but now 5 billion for border security is a big fight.

The wall is just first line of defense to keep the majority from ever actually coming in, how is that a bad things? Just like how you lock your doors to keep out 99.9%...the other .01% sees that you have a security system and oh you also have a dog, and a sign suggesting you have guns and that .01% says I'll just go some place else.

We need deterrent at the border before they come in...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Is it working in Israel? Plus the people wanting to come in don't have a lot of tech do they? Can YOU get over a 30 foot wall, avoid motion detectors, out walk patrols, hide from drones...etc...etc..

I mean even you should be able to avoid this 300 year old tech...lol

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:36 PM
link   

a reply to: iplay1up2

and come from Canada with legal visas that they let expire and never leave.

That’s likely an even trade of people though. We also get lots of Americans up here that never leave....

Although I’ve heard that we kind of take up a lot of Florida space in the winters. 🤔
edit on 24-12-2018 by snowspirit because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

Is it working in Israel? Plus the people wanting to come in don't have a lot of tech do they? Can YOU get over a 30 foot wall, avoid motion detectors, out walk patrols, hide from drones...etc...etc..

I mean even you should be able to avoid this 300 year old tech...lol

Plus theres that whole Infrared business.......good luck getting away from that......

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

And yet they are still used all over the world, in every housing development, in every posh neighborhood, on a huge percentage of governmental grounds, and in every single prison.......

Bahhhh......they must stuck in the stone age........

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

So what you're implying is illegal aliens are going to organize, drag siege cannon hundreds of miles and then breach walls after months long battle a la middle ages lol.

News flash; electronics, drones, cameras, motion, infrared and vibration detection along with manned observation makes this ancient technology very robust barrier.

I hazard a guess the real problem is the stoppage of manufacturing potential voters and state supplicants is the real issue driving resistance to real border security not to mention it just plain anti-Trump to boot.

The wall is but a euphemism covering the real debate - besides Nancy and Chuck were for the wall before being against the wall. Only change, party in White House.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

So is the wheel.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
I'm going with minefield with some virtual tech. Put that stuff they have at Area 51 down there.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Did the Berlin Wall stop everyone and look at the security it had.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: acrux
Did the Berlin Wall stop everyone and look at the security it had.

of course it did stop most. if not people would have been freely moving between east and west.
edit on 12/24/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Cool I have a secruity clearance too, I wasnt DHS, but I was a Marine Deployed in Iraq for over 4 tours......and then in various security details when i rotated out....

And I can tell you this, those walls we had outside our FOB did a damn good job of keeping people out we didnt want......

And like I also stated before, just on finances alone, we have 18.5 billion a year at least starting in 2016 that its costing in healthcare ALONE for illegals, and thats JUST who we KNOW about, and not counting the cost for everything else.....

If we kept out just 20 percent of that, in health care cost alone that wall would pay for itself within 2 years, (again not counting other expenses illegals cost us, thats just in HEALTH CARE)

Those funds can then be redirected to other sources, you know like the VA, benefits, paying our military more, increasing issues with healthcare coverage, the sky is the limit......

So dont tell me its not worth it, the numbers alone dont back up your claim that its not worth it and dont try and throw your credentials at me, because honestly they mean jack sh!t if you cant do the math..........

Thank you for your service...and I don't believe I said it wasn't worth it. But the election promise was "MEXICO IS GONNA PAY FOR THE WALL"..."BELIEVE ME!"....

And instead...he's holding the gov.closed in blackmail for US to pay.....

I didn't believe him then, and don't now. And as you said...walls protected you in service...but determined individuals will find a way over, under, around or through.

If we could find some ways to remove the need for them....it would be great.

Thanks again, Merry Christmas..God Bless....

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

OH don't get me wrong lol I don't think it's going to get built either lol

I'm with you on wishing we didn't have a need for them as well. We're in a sad state.

That being said it is a wonderful Christmas season and merry Christmas to you and yours!!!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit

Yes... about the only 2 license plates that were worse to see than Quebec… Michigan and New York, cannot begin to explain how much damage yall did to my teeth coming down and not knowing or adjusting to the way we do things.

Fastest way to piss off a Floridian... "Back home we do it this way..." so much hate gets generated by that simple statement you could probably warm a major city in the winter.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Lol, build that wall on the northern border!

...off topic but your avatar cat has similar markings to mine...your cat looks male to me though? ...mine is a psycho female, best sidekick in the world.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

He was a rescue, had him for just over a decade actually made me like cats. He ran the house, kept the other cats in line and even the dogs deferred to him. passed away last spring from medical problems lived probably 4 years longer than he should have, stubborn old goat.

As for a wall on the northern border, when I lived in florida I would say yes... hated seeing Canadian tags though they weren't the worst they were up there.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf
Aw it's a sad one outliving animal friends for sure. My Molly has been with me a good decade, don't know how old she was when she turned up.
ON TOPIC
Build that wall, build that wall build that... And Canada will pay for it!

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

www.change.org...

www.huffingtonpost.ca...

We keep trying....seems no one is taking it seriously....🤔

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: snowspirit
Lmao!!!

Genuinely laughed at the 'hedges border' article, funny as #!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join