It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the wall stop illegals?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Ok, that's just a joke! but do we really think people won't find a way to get over, under, cut through or via ultralight over a wall?

BTW, I'm all for a wall, I like defined spaces, but I think we are putting way too much focus on a barrier, and not the root cause why people will do anything to come here.

+10 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

Politicians spend billions before they have their first morning scotch.

So the cost of the wall isn't an issue.

The fact that a wall would be a permanent, effective barrier is the reason why republicans and democrats don't want it.

They are afraid that it would be effective and cost efficient!

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   

No, it absolutely will not! Something Fox doesn't talk about, is the fact most illegals, in the United States, did not cross the border in Mexico.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:43 PM
link   
The drugs are more damaging to our nation, IMO.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
well of course it will work, its a giant wall.

walls work.

+15 more 
posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   
It will stop those with no resources. It will put the "coyotes" out of business.

It will stop people from dragging their children hundreds of miles on foot.

It will lower border patrol costs.

It will stop people from coming across with zero screening.

It will certainly ease illegal immigration through Mexico as well.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

It will be about as effective as prisons are in stopping crime...

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:52 PM
link   
It won’t stop all the people, people are creative.

It will stop animal migration through that area.

link   

originally posted by: snarfbot
well of course it will work, its a giant wall.

walls work.

www.nbcnews.com...

Two-thirds of those who joined the undocumented population did so by entering with a valid visa and then overstaying their period of admission, the center reported. Overstays have exceeded those entering illegally every year since 2007, and there have been half a million more overstays than illegal entries since 2007.

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Politicians spend billions before they have their first morning scotch.

So the cost of the wall isn't an issue.

The fact that a wall would be a permanent, effective barrier is the reason why republicans and democrats don't want it.

They are afraid that it would be effective and cost efficient!

I’m going to attack ya brah just for fun! I have started my 24-25 time of eggnog

The wall is stupid and cheaper alternative is available. Does anyone really think the cartels will not pay off American political figures to get what they want?

I mean c’mon dude that thought is just.....well dumb if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: iplay1up2

No, it absolutely will not! Something Fox doesn't talk about, is the fact most illegals, in the United States, did not cross the border in Mexico.

Yep, a large part of our illegal problem is people that were screened and vetted and then overstayed their visas.

Of course that problem can be stemmed in large part by having local law enforcement cooperate with federal law enforcement and arresting and charging certain politicians for aiding and abetting illegal activity.

However it is generally the unscreened and unvetted that bring poverty, disease, and crime with them across an open southern border.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Well, apparently a lot of very wealthy people believe that walls work to keep out undesirables. They certainly spend tons of money to surround themselves with walls in their gated communities and compounds.

I'll just bet that some of the loudest voices in the "Walls don't work" crowd live behind them.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

If cheaper and more effective means are available, then why haven't they ever been used?

Fact is,, the wall would be a permanent solution and that terrifies the Uniparty in DC.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

I think it is just a part of the bigger picture.

Yes, changing the laws would work much better for illegal aliens wanting to enter our country, but as carewemust points out, that does nothing at all to stop the flow of human trafficking and the vast amounts of drugs coming in from the south.

So we need a multi-pronged approach.

A barrier actually does work, anti-Trumpers aside.

Democrats voted for one in 2009, for instance. Schumer spearheaded the effort.

So the whole "wall" thing is just politics.

Like when Democrats were against anything close to civil rights... until THEY could sign it and take the win.

So yes, at the end of the day an actual physical barrier would help with a lot of our problems on the southern border.

But then it would be a solution... politicians don't really like solutions.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: abe froman
It will stop those with no resources. It will put the "coyotes" out of business.

It will stop people from dragging their children hundreds of miles on foot.

It will lower border patrol costs.

It will stop people from coming across with zero screening.

It will certainly ease illegal immigration through Mexico as well.

One thing I always wonder about walls, do they keep people out, or people in. Let's hope there is never a day that Americans find out..

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

If cheaper and more effective means are available, then why haven't they ever been used?

Fact is,, the wall would be a permanent solution and that terrifies the Uniparty in DC.

A cheaper alternative has not been floated around in DC but should obvious to anyone.

Make a freaking moat man.
No tunneling under and No type of configuration of ways to get over.
Also fill it with gators and make it a animal sanctuary and boom! Problem solved!

Michael 2020! Folks

I can solve all your problems.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
No. The vast majority of illegal immigrants fly into the US and then overstay their visa's.

A wall is ineffective. Just like it was in the 1990's when we instead forced people to cross through the deserts rather than the streets. Sure, it cut down on people crossing but then, the number of deaths in the desert skyrocketed. How many hundreds of thousands of corpses do you think are in the desert since 1999?

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

It will be about as effective as prisons are in stopping crime...

A little off topic, but I just watched a documentary on prisons. Norway's prisons are stopping crime.
They do exactly the opposite of most prisons do. It's on Netflix.

I think those with an open mind can see sometimes the obvious solution is not always the correct one.

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:07 PM
link   

" and not the root cause why people will do anything to come here. "

Ah , lets see , there are No Jobs in their Country and their Governments are Totally Corrupt , so No Food on the Table for those Hungry Mouths to Feed , Lets Bug Out ! . Basic Human Survival Instincts , and in this case , Manipulated for a Political Agenda that in the End Helps NO ONE ...........(

posted on Dec, 23 2018 @ 08:08 PM
link   

A wall is a cheaper, more permanent alternative.

That is why so many don't want it.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join