It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will the wall stop illegals?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Add armed troops to chain link, barbed wire, and cameras then you have a plan. Hungary is keeping illegals out like that, they are having a good result.
If I was Trump I'd pull troops from around the world, especially Germany and pay them to guard the border instead. Putin isn't invading any time soon, heck his military is a mess, the Royal Navy alone could beat the Russian Navy in a straight fight.
That leaves nuclear strikes, well we're all screwed if that happens because Britain would retaliate with Trident.

Most dirty Russian money is also tied up in London and the EU, it seems a waste of money having US troops in Germany on a pointless mission when they could be dealing with threats and problems at your border.
Just my thoughts.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: CornishCeltGuy
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

135 billion is more than the entire annual budget of the UK's National Health Service.
I know smaller nations, only a 6th the population in the UK, but just giving perspective of how much money that actually is.

Isnt that ridiculous?

We probably outspend most 1st world countries......v$3.8 trillion in 2015 I bet its 4 trillion by now......its out of freaking control......

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:36 AM
link   
a reply to: CornishCeltGuy

We live on an island, Trumps wall is far different, it won't work logistically, so as to support for the US defending its border, there has to be a more viable plan than a few thousand km fences, which it what it will amount to.

Don't be picturing Escape from New York type scenarios, it will be a steel school fence in most places, that's if it ever materializes.

edit on 24-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

We live on an island, Trumps wall is far different, it won't work logistically, so as to support for the US defending its border, there has to be a more viable plan than a few thousand km fences, which it what it will amount to.

Don't be picturing Escape from New York type scenarios, it will be a steel school fence in most places, that's if it ever materializes.

See my prior numbers.........

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

All these people that don't think walls work( like Pelosi, schumer, and all Hollywood celebs) let's start by taking the barriers around the capitol and these walls around the rich, elite celebs homes. I mean if they are adamant that walls don't work why do they live behind them?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: iplay1up2

Except there's not a lot of H1-B and foreign fiancees committing horrific crimes at a very high rate. The drugs and violence come from a very specific subset that overwhelmingly cross the southern border.

But your masters are happy that you read the talking points.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 10:49 AM
link   
America is 5% of the world's population.
We are running out of American pie to go around...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Has anyone ever heard of a ladder?

I think the wall is silly.

If you want to stop illegal immigration, fine people in the country illegally say $500 per day that they are here.
Also fine employers $10,000 per illegal employee.

Pretty sure that would end illegal immigration. But then, the crops wouldn't get harvested here in CA

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wildbob77
Has anyone ever heard of a ladder?

I think the wall is silly.

If you want to stop illegal immigration, fine people in the country illegally say $500 per day that they are here.
Also fine employers $10,000 per illegal employee.

Pretty sure that would end illegal immigration. But then, the crops wouldn't get harvested here in CA

How are you going to fine them if they are illegal? Normally we "send back them" when we can so that doesnt apply ...

2nd I agree we need to make serious serious penalties and enforcethem for those that higher illegals........

Along with building the wall....we need to eliminate the incentives for being here illegally

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake
Call troops back from Germany and the ME as I suggested top of the page, get them on guard duty at the border instead of being bored in an EU nation or killing brown people.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Mmmm, you had me at no longer killing Brown people, although sending them home to possibly persecute other brown people may somewhat be counterproductive.

Either way, send the troops home, they will be happier that way and so will where ever the departed from.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Walls work. There is a reason people use walls, and keeping people out is one of them. I’m not sure how you could argue the opposite.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Propagandalf

So do ladders, tunnels, battering rams, cannon fire, and explosives, the list goes on really.

And they are far cheaper and more man-portable than walls.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: iplay1up2
a reply to: JAGStorm

No, it absolutely will not! Something Fox doesn't talk about, is the fact most illegals, in the United States, did not cross the border in Mexico.

Where did they cross it at then ?
France ?
Canada ?
Zimbabwe ?
Mars ?

Two-thirds of those who joined the undocumented population did so by entering with a valid visa and then overstaying their period of admission, the center repored.
www.nbcnews.com...

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:24 AM
link   

So do ladders, tunnels, battering rams, cannon fire, and explosives, the list goes on really.

And they are far cheaper and more man-portable than walls.

Have you tried climbing a 30 to 50 wall with a ladder?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:25 AM
link   

I've climbed a lot higher without ladders to be honest, and i was not even that determined, just showing off, in the past all the same.

Done the guttering last weekend, does that count?

edit on 24-12-2018 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:28 AM
link   

I've climbed a lot higher without ladders to be honest, and i was not even that determined, just showing off.

You’ve climbed a wall without a ladder? Are you Spider-Man?

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:30 AM
link   

No a multistory highrise, about 120ft or thereabouts, and words such as Spider-Man were indeed chucked about, but weans are daft and do stupid dares.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:31 AM
link   

No a multistory highrise, about 120ft or thereabouts, and words such as Spider-Man were indeed chucked about, but weans are daft and do stupid dares.

Oh, I thought we were talking about a border wall.

posted on Dec, 24 2018 @ 11:34 AM
link   

The point being if silly kids can scale buildings, 20-50ft walls ain't going to be much of an obstacle to the determined.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join