It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to pull all US troops from Syria

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The next phase should be to stabilize the region.

I don't agree with that part, but maybe I'm just naive and you can explain why we should waste our time and resources to stabilize the country. I have never seen an area we blew up "stabilized" in my lifetime. Just seems like another scheme to fleece the taxpayers for more money to squander in the ME. I understand we may leave a vacuum by just pulling all the troops out, but at this point what does it matter. Seems like a lose-lose situation no matter what we do. The positive I can think of by just pulling out the troops is we save some money.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
Maybe I am just jaded, but when all the troops are out I can see the democrats jumping up and down screaming about the human rights atrocities we are ignoring in the middle east. Que the wounded little kid pictures...

I'm sure they will, but I've learned that whenever we get involved in these junkets, there's always a cynical ulterior motive. There's any number of legitimate humanitarian crises that our leaders ignore because they don't have a stake in the outcome. (See Venezuela for the current example.)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Yep, Tel Aviv will have to bring Trump back in line.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Credit where credit is due

Well Done Mr Trump, for once

No need for loss of American life on foriegn soil

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Guessing we will need troops in the US by next summer. They are going to be ramping up in a week and a half to raise hell. Too cold now but by summer the dims will have a full frenzy going if they can't get the President out. . Heard rumors about a march on DC and storming the White House. A lot of people could get killed that way and it would only escalate things further.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

The easiest way to get shot in the back is to walk away from a gunfight.

If we leave a power vacuum in the Middle East by not staying long enough to stabilize the region, we will be making the same mistake Obama made. He announced our withdrawal and pulled the troops out, leaving the area ripe for another power to come in unopposed. That power was ISIS, and they then began spreading terrorism across the globe.

ISIS is defeated. The people who formed ISIS are not. If we leave a power vacuum again, they will reform again. There are still remnants of ISIS across the globe in other countries. That's why we need to continue our presence for now, until we can have some assurance that our departure will not leave a power vacuum. Otherwise, we will find ourselves right back here in another ten years, arguing over why we are still messing around in the Middle East.

We started the fire over there. The least we can do is put it out before we break camp.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

The main enemy in the region is now Iran. We are stepping up the pressure from the other side now.

Report: Afghan District Bordering Iran Embracing Crystal Meth Production

Nearly 80 percent of all households in the Afghan district of Ghoryan, located in Herat province along the Iranian border, are involved in some stage of the crystal methamphetamine-making process that is currently fueling addiction epidemics plaguing Afghanistan and Iran, TRT World reported this week.

TRT is the national broadcaster of the government of Turkey.

According to the United Nations, Herat is the top crystal meth-producing province in Afghanistan. Herat lies on Afghanistan’s border with Iran where crystal meth use is rampant.

TRT suggested that the crystal meth epidemic gripping Iran has spilled over to Afghanistan, noting that many Afghan meth “cooks” learned their skills in the Islamic Republic.

Sure they did.

The news outlet revealed:

In a country, where more than half the population lives on less than a dollar a day, a single household in Ghoryan can make nearly $400 a month from helping in the production process or storing the chemical compounds necessary for production. The local leader said 80 percent of Ghoryan households are now involved in some stage of the process. This represents a major increase from the 30 or 40 households that residents said were initially involved in the process.

TRT found that production of methamphetamines or crystal meth “puts food on the tables of more than 68,000 people at a time when unemployment in Afghanistan has reached 40 percent,” adding: “Largely shielded from the airstrikes both coalition and Afghan forces have launched on so-called ‘drug labs’ across a dozen southern, eastern and western provinces, tens of thousands of Ghoryan residents have embraced crystal meth as a lucrative source of economic empowerment.”

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
From what I have read from another site this is the first step in a bigger agreement. The agreement calls for Iran to withdrawal after the US. Also, the State Department approved the sale of Patriot missiles to Turkey with Turkey canceling the S400 purchase. It is possible NATO is planning to close off Russian access to the Mediterranean Sea unless they back down in the Ukraine.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Will the US pull out of the Kurdish Areas? i highly doubt it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:22 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Good. Get the hell out of that foreign civil war.

Trump needs to withdraw all US forces outside of the west. Afghanistan should be next.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Good stop wasting our time and money on that S***hole

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
We have no business arming terrorists to help overthrow a government

On the contrary, that's one of America's biggest growth industries.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Very well then… pack the bags everyone and hit home. “Mission accomplished” as ISIS, Al-Qaeda etc. are all defeated and the whole world is safe now…

Go home “Yankees“…. And thanks for nothing!

Edit to add…

Don’t forget to take these nut jobs “white helmets” with you too…!

edit on 19 12 2018 by Qboneq because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: cmajlz448

It is possible NATO is planning to close off Russian access to the Mediterranean Sea unless they back down in the Ukraine.
How does pulling out of Syria help to do that?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 07:57 PM
link   
War is big business. trump is just waiting for his chance to invade Iran. Israel told him to and he'll do any crazy thing to get the heat off.

It's gonna get real...you ready!!

edit on 19-12-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grambler
He has claimed similar things before, only to reverse after supposed Assad gas attacks

I am hoping he stick to his guns

We have no business arming terrorists to help overthrow a government

He didn't really have a choice but to give a stern warning to Assad to appease the establishment, even though he probably didn't believe Assad was behind the attack, otherwise he wouldn't have continued helping the Assad regime hold off ISIS and other rebel groups. Obama did the complete opposite by arming the rebel groups and portraying Assad as a monster who gassed his own people. This is one of the main reasons I support Trump and why I believe he's actually doing great wonders for world peace despite the ridiculous fearmongering spewed from the MSM constantly. When you tell people how much progress is being made in the fight against terrorism they either don't believe it or say Trump is just a warmonger. Here's some "fake news" I posted just a few months ago:

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

ISIS has pretty much been defeated in Syria and Iraq now, that seems like a big gain for world peace.

This article seems to be only an hour old:

The last vestige of the Islamic State’s caliphate that straddled Syria and Iraq is under attack.

Members of an American-backed coalition said on Tuesday (US time) they had begun a final push to oust the militants from Hajin, Syria, the remaining sliver of land under the group’s control in the region where it was born.

The assault is the final chapter of a war that began more than four years ago after the Islamic State, also known as ISIS, seized vast tracts in Iraq and Syria and declared a caliphate. The group lost its last territory in Iraq last year.

Fight to retake last ISIS territory begins

As I've said before, the fact is Trump has done more for world peace in the last year than any leader has done in the past few decades, he some how even managed to strike an agreement with NK.

edit on 19/12/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It is about time

We have been there illegally for how long? Syria's government has long made clear we are not welcome there, nor are the proxy groups being trained by our country. It is simply not worth our time or effort to be in a country that doesn't want us there to begin with.

Sure, we could defy Putin and Assad and we'd all but certainly emerge victorious with a Syria/Russia put back in their place. Yet, why waste US blood/treasure for something that we stand to gain nothing from? Israel has shown unwavering willingness to strike targets in Syria when US and/or Israel interests are threatened. Cut our losses and get the heck out of there before we are tangled up in an even larger/more meaningless conflict

Besides, Assad is far better than the Islamic State animals that spring up wherever we depose some arbitrary third world government.

Syria will go down in the books as one of the most embarrassing Obama-admin failures in history, both in terms of our great expenses incurred along with the total lack of strategic or even tactical gains from that effort. If anything, we've weakened a government/military that was otherwise significantly pounding Islamic state/radical Islamic terrorists in exchange for nothing. Not to mention the fact that Obama's efforts to "put boots in the ground" constituted an invasion as well as the "arming and training of local militias" constituting genuine terrorism.

Lets see how consistent our left wing "friends" are on a few of these points.... Great post and glad to see many others opposed to unneeded military intervention

edit on 12/19/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: JBurns

We have been there illegally for how long? Syria's government has long made clear we are not welcome there, nor are the proxy groups being trained by our country. It is simply not worth our time or effort to be in a country that doesn't want us there to begin with.

Syria made it clear they didn't want the U.S. there while the U.S. was helping the rebels. Trump has tried to work with Russia and the Assad regime instead of helping rebel groups and by extension ISIS. I think if Assad really did gas his own people then it's not entirely unreasonable to provide support to rebel groups attempting to take down his regime. You have to really decide whether or not you believe Assad is a monster, or did our Western MSM follow a directive given by the intelligence community to paint Assad that way?

Was Russia really the moral party in this war by helping the Assad regime while at the same time the Obama regime provided help to the rebels? This really goes to the core of many issues in the world, we did the same thing to Libya but unlike Syria the rebels won and dragged the body of Gaddafi around the streets. I've written multiple threads on these issues going back to this thread from 2011: Libya: Extreme Disinformation and this thread from 2015: Understanding the situation with Syria, ISIS, and Turkey. Here's a snippet from that thread:

originally posted by: ChaoticOrder

To put it simply, we (the Western world) portrayed him as a monster and chose to side with the rebels in overthrowing a sovereign government. We provided them with money and weapons and it didn't take too long before they were dragging the mutilated body of Gaddafi around the streets. But what were all these newly formed rebel groups to do after succeeding in Libya? Well they realized they were pretty strong with their newly found source of funding and weaponry so they started looking for other places to carry out their acts of violence. The Western world wasn't going to let this opportunity go to waste, they had a new target in their sights. They started to paint Assad as the new bad guy and thus began the conflict in Syria.

Little did they know however, things wouldn't go quite so smoothly this time around and it would be much harder to fool everyone for a second time. They began their propaganda campaign against Assad by accusing him of carrying out chemical weapon attacks against his own civilian population. This story was repeated ad nauseam by MSM pundits and was used as the main justification for direct intervention into the war in Syria. For some time the US tried to remain hidden behind the curtain, by supporting the rebel opposition without doing it publicly. Reports in 2012 started to surface saying that the US was establishing intelligence operations in Turkey and funneling weapons through the Turkish border in order to arm anti-government rebels.

There were a few reasons the US was hesitant to officially support the rebels in Syria even though they openly supported the rebels in Libya. One main reason was probably the fact that Russia is a strong supporter of the Assad regime. So for a while they only supported the rebels through these secretive networks. However the US couldn't keep up the charade forever, and in early 2013 the White House officially announced it will give military aid to Syria rebels. Meanwhile, many different researchers and organizations were unveiling how the chemical weapon claims against Assad seemed to be totally bogus and were used as a method to rile up support for the rebel opposition, and that the attacks were actually carried out by the rebels themselves:

UN accuses Syrian rebels of chemical weapons use

MIT Study Further Destroys Washington’s Syria Chemical Weapons Claim

Russia Says It Was the Syrian Rebels Who Used Chemical Weapons

Video Evidence: Syria Gas Attack Work of U.S. Allies

US defense contractors were involved in Syria gas attack: Investigative journalist

edit on 19/12/2018 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I too am on Trump's side on this issue. The US has no business in Syria. Let the Syrians, Kurds, Russians, Iranians, and Turks take care of the savages from ISIS, hopefully, they’ll be exterminated and wiped from the lexicon of life!

The US has played too many games in Syria and it’s time to get out since actually, it’s only a couple of thousand of troops.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

True, but a couple of thousand can more than multiply their area of effect.

What we've done there is pretty extensive. My biggest hope is the end of the war in Afghanistan. I don't feel like losing any more friends to that damned war and I don't want my kids growing up with friends who have been deployed there too. Whatever we set out to achieve there has either been done or is impossible.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join