It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to pull all US troops from Syria

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:17 PM
link   
We all know that there is no "defeating" ISIS (they will restart, maybe with a different name, but the ideology and tactics will remain).

That said, this is an area of perpetual war from the time of the bible and before, and I unfortunately see that as always being the case. Americans can not and should not be over there trying to fix a problem that is embedded in the psyche of every new generation of people over there, and we never should have been over there in the first place; we certainly should not have chosen the battle plan that we did, pussyfooting around the place and letting them play dirty while we err on the side of caution with our rules of engagement.

If we continue being in that area, we need to stop pretending that taking a moral high ground in fighting tactics will win against guerilla tactics. If we're not willing to play the game, then we should stay off of the field.

I'm fine with the latter of those two options.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

It will be the very best thing Trump as done in his presidency. We have to stop killing Arabs for Israel. Destabilizing the governments of the countries surrounding Israel is not going to end well for the US or Israel. Peace in the Middle East is now simply not possible after the last 20 years of US military bombings. Maybe in 100 or 200 years from now.

Sure enough, Israel is not happy about this. I say, let them do their own dirty work.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:23 PM
link   
About time.

As an Afghanistan veteran, when are we gonna end that # too?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
It doesn't sound like we are withdrawing, just transitioning. ISIS has indeed been defeated, but that doesn't mean they won't be back.

We were there initially to thwart the Syria/Iran/Russian oil connection, by defeating Assad. That seems to have changed under Trump. The attacks were warnings and compliance with UN policies, not an intentional action to remove Assad from power.

The next phase should be to stabilize the region. That was the mistake Obama made that led to the ISIS crisis. He left too quickly and announced it prematurely. That left a power void in the area that ISIS quickly took advantage of. If we leave too quickly again, the same thing will happen again. So I agree with a transition to a more defensive rather than offensive stance to ensure the area can stabilize.

TheRedneck

(post by soundguy removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Isis has Not been defeated. a reply to: TheRedneck

(post by projectvxn removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: soundguy
Isis has Not been defeated. a reply to: TheRedneck

Source for your claim?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
OP
Title is misleading . The withdrawing has begun

An early Christmas present to Putin from trump Mafia

According to the mob boss Isis has been defeated in Syria lmfaoooo
Another treasonous act
edit on 19-12-2018 by TrumpMafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Since Trump took over, ISIS has gone from controlling about 1/3 of Syria to controlling only 2 small isolated pockets of desert. They are no longer able to launch any significant attacks, and the powers that be are working on stamping out those last 2 pockets. We're finished with them: Syria, the Kurds, and the Iraqis can squash the last few cockroaches. We stopped contributing to the effort months ago (at least) anyway.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

You're just as delusional as your criminal leader

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
About time.

As an Afghanistan veteran, when are we gonna end that # too?

Isn't that a fine rub? The Taliban were trying to shut down the opium trade. So naturally the West declared them terrorists, declared the local drug lords to be freedom fighters, and sent in the US army to guard the poppy fields and opium labs.

And, we've yet to see any evidence Osama bin Laden ever set foot in Afghanistan for even a minute. As far as we know, the closest he ever came was a villa in Pakistan.

link   
a reply to: Middleoftheroad

Yes I forgot to mention, which I was going to start a thread for but forgot last night, Ukraine was just given a $1.4 billion loan package by the IMF. That should keep them fighting Russia for another year at least, two if they budget properly.

link   
White America has failed yet again. Face it you guys were only in power because Russia helped you. We're taking this country back from all you inbred hicks and there's nothing you can do to stop it

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   
a reply to: soundguy

Isis has Not been defeated.

Really? Where exactly is their caliphate, again?

ISIS is defeated, but the people who made up ISIS are not. They are the same people that were called Al-Qaida a few years back, and Rebels in Afghanistan before that. Same people, different organization.

That's why this is not a withdrawal but a transition. The task now is to ensure that another similar organization doesn't take advantage of the new normal in the area and start back up.

Once we finally get completely out (which may not be in my lifetime), I hope and pray the people of the United States never, ever decide to again involve themselves where their big noses don't belong.

TheRedneck

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
There's isis members tweeting from Syria right now as we speak.. :
edit on 19-12-2018 by TrumpMafia because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Maybe I am just jaded, but when all the troops are out I can see the democrats jumping up and down screaming about the human rights atrocities we are ignoring in the middle east. Que the wounded little kid pictures...

(post by TrumpMafia removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TrumpMafia

Did you just start that account specifically to troll this thread?

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: TrumpMafia
There's isis members tweeting from Syria right now as we speak.. :

Probably asking why their supply drops are ending

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join