It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump wants to pull all US troops from Syria

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Even though I am pro-Trump and can think of all types of reasons why this is good, there is another possibility.

What if the people that want him to stay in Iraq are the exact same crowd that is denying funding for the wall?

Would certainly explain the timing.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
This is a good idea and the signs of a good American leader. You don't throw a punch and leave your arm extended. You punch and return to guard stance.

The repubs and dems will say all kinds of things about this move. Mostly because somewhere in all this mess in the world they individually gain from it.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Good we need to let Saudi Arabia fight it's own battles .this whole clusterbump was a proxy war for said is to gain control of Syria because they want to build a pipeline thru there to Istanbul. And then to europe.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

No I think he is referring to the mass exodus from Syrian region of young men who went to Germany and Europe claiming refugee status then started tearing up the place.

posted on Dec, 19 2018 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: toms54

You are absolutely right the last two admins could have and should have sent the troops there to raze the poppy fields instead they ordered troops to guard them wth is wrong with them we had almost no heroin in my area from Vietnam war till 2001 then it started popping up everywhere. Boys in my area call it heron because they don't know what they imbibing in. But truthfully I have been following this sit since before 2015 and yes we had no business there there were no chemical attacks by Syrian rulers it was all staged because of Saudi interests .thank God old hag Clinton did not win she would have had us go to war with Russia because her Saudi bosses want that country for a pipeline to europe.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

That would be a wise decision at this juncture; nothing more to gain and our pressure on the people is not accomplishing a good result, in other words, we have accomplished our goals years ago and now it's time for Afghanistan to revert to its former self. Can't fix what doesn't want to be fixed....

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I am very glad our troops are coming home, but Trump's claim of victory is the very opposite of what our military has declared.

The US will probably be dragged back there after ISIS has strengthened itself. I don't like our troops being there nor do I agree with poking an ants nests killing the surface than leaving them to rebuild.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:23 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Wow, I must agree wholeheartedly with your view. Prior to our military involvement, we never faced such an epidemic of heroin as we see nowadays. Truth be told, I have to assume that the Russians are quite active in bringing this drug to the market worldwide. Who else is involved with the Taliban and illicit drug dealing beside our own CIA and their many shadow branches of corruption? I just finally came back onboard here today after shadowing for lots of time. Was an old member who got shy of the tracking # going down. Finally returned with the issues of the observatory and the secret shutdown, etc. IMHO, you people are quite wise and I enjoy your banter. This used to be my own secret place to visit long ago, thanks to all who let the door open a crack so I can still participate!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Great observation! You and I could never change a culture that abhors a government! They are tribal and always have been. To try and force a western plan of self-government upon these tribes is entirely contrary to all the ever believed in! It is beyond time to get out of that old battlefield, for centuries it has been nothing but conflict with outside involvement! We don't need to be there, get our troops home and then kill the poppy fields! Drugs have destroyed our basic values of independence so leave there and napalm the poppy fields and those that support this.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Lol, another pro-Putin move you're all defending.

You really have lost it.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   
Put your money where your mouth is NY Doughboy.

I'd applaud and support him wholeheartedly if I thought he could pull himself out of his ADD and twitter tirades long enough to get it done.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 02:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
In Drastic Reversal, US Set For "Full Withdrawal" From Syria As Trump Claims Victory Over ISIS

update: It's official, within an hour after the first headline the president tweeted "We have defeated ISIS in Syria" and in reference to reports of a planned US troop withdrawal from Syria which unnamed officials say is to be initiated "immediately," he added that the terror group's defeat was "my only reason for being there".

Minutes after the WSJ first broke the story, The Washington Post confirmed the following through a defense official:

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a decision that has not yet been announced, said the decision would include the entire force of more than 2,000 U.S. service members. It was made on Tuesday, the official said.
President Trump has long promised to conclude the campaign against the Islamic State and has questioned the value of costly and dangerous military missions overseas.

I say: Finally.

I follow the Syrian Civil War, as some of you might know, and trust me that the US is doing almost nothing to fight ISIS in Syria. It's purely a pretense. The fighting against ISIS is being done by a combination of Syrian, Kurdish, and Iraqi forces. Also, the US seems to have given up on trying to force Assad out of power, so there's really no reason to keep US troops there.

As it is, most US troops are in the Kurdish areas in the north of Syria. Turkey has been rattling its saber about invading the Kurdish areas, ostensibly because of Kurdish terrorist groups but really because they won't allow an independent Kurdish state to exist. US troops have been stopping that. If they pull out, the most likely scenario is that the Kurds will be forced to reunite with the Syrian government to keep the Turkish troops out.

You have just taught me something.

In this case it appears that ISIS were possibly marched to Syria to be used at the Americans say; the fall guy, that is, in this case, if the US lost the war against Syria then by blaming this "intervener." they can claim they "won."

The infused mug milt-tree is there to be a proxy army initially and then be fall guy if the US wants to 'withdraw under cover" of "defeating" someone, if in deed that it what occurs.

Thank you for this article as it has allowed me to see, for the first time, that these day; sacrificial-military-force-to-be, in this case ISIS, to be the US's; face saving withdrawal,

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Place is a mess. Such a good change from Obama and constantly hearing him speak about ISIS or how he loved to play with words and used the word ISIL.

Obama was very crafty in rearranging words. ISIL was a sector or off shoot of the larger ISIS .

So when ISIS was traveling in carvans of thousands of trucks. Obama told to the generals go after ISIL not isis.

Scary mentality and how he constantly tried to portray to the public one thing, when in fact was doing the complete opposite.

No more funds and backing of the Syrian rebels,
What happened to that? Where did their buddy McCain go?

Oh yeah those were ISIS invading, not rebels .

Thanks Obama

Obama would say, we are going after ISIL and will also provide support for Syrian rebels, but are also a majority of Taliban and isis.

Genius

Sadly to say Syria was messed with all because they were the first in the area to ban the Muslim brotherhood from their country.

Same brotherhood the Clinton's and Obama are very close friends with.

So close they tried to hand over Egypt to the brotherhood

And eqypts reaction was , America you are crazy for ushering in the Muslim brotherhood into our Egypt.

They revolted and banned the group .

So why is this group backed by the Clintons being banned from middle eastern and n Africa countries?

But they need a country...ahhh take out gadaffi. We don't need an exit strategy. ..just take him out and leave the country in anarchy.

Let the brotherhood have Libya which is currently the most quiet , non reported terrorist hot bed.

How people are ok with Clinton laughing about gadaffis lynching and not leaving troops behind to maintain order, not setting up a new government.

Just a hit and run leaving the citizens to defend for themselves is crazy

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Azureblue

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
In Drastic Reversal, US Set For "Full Withdrawal" From Syria As Trump Claims Victory Over ISIS

update: It's official, within an hour after the first headline the president tweeted "We have defeated ISIS in Syria" and in reference to reports of a planned US troop withdrawal from Syria which unnamed officials say is to be initiated "immediately," he added that the terror group's defeat was "my only reason for being there".

Minutes after the WSJ first broke the story, The Washington Post confirmed the following through a defense official:

The official, who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss a decision that has not yet been announced, said the decision would include the entire force of more than 2,000 U.S. service members. It was made on Tuesday, the official said.
President Trump has long promised to conclude the campaign against the Islamic State and has questioned the value of costly and dangerous military missions overseas.

I say: Finally.

I follow the Syrian Civil War, as some of you might know, and trust me that the US is doing almost nothing to fight ISIS in Syria. It's purely a pretense. The fighting against ISIS is being done by a combination of Syrian, Kurdish, and Iraqi forces. Also, the US seems to have given up on trying to force Assad out of power, so there's really no reason to keep US troops there.

As it is, most US troops are in the Kurdish areas in the north of Syria. Turkey has been rattling its saber about invading the Kurdish areas, ostensibly because of Kurdish terrorist groups but really because they won't allow an independent Kurdish state to exist. US troops have been stopping that. If they pull out, the most likely scenario is that the Kurds will be forced to reunite with the Syrian government to keep the Turkish troops out.

You have just taught me something.

In this case it appears that ISIS were possibly marched to Syria to be used at the Americans say; the fall guy, that is, in this case, if the US lost the war against Syria then by blaming this "intervener." they can claim they "won."

The infused mug milt-tree is there to be a proxy army initially and then be fall guy if the US wants to 'withdraw under cover" of "defeating" someone, if in deed that it what occurs.

Thank you for this article as it has allowed me to see, for the first time, that these day; sacrificial-military-force-to-be, in this case ISIS, to be the US's; face saving withdrawal,

I don't think they were matched in.

When Obama pulled all troops from Iraq. The old Republican guard, all of Saddam's old teammates came together.
The new trained Iraqi army dropped their weapons or joined their fellow country men.

To this old group. Iraq was dead and their new country would be Iraq and Syria. One big country.

The Islamic state Iraq Syria, ISIS.

And the same generals and plans that were used to invade Kuwait were used to invade Syria.

When the u.s. saw this. And Obama and Clinton wanted Assad out. Well who better to use. Your old enemy of your new enemy can now be used as a tool and pawns for the right price and the right equipment

But this was a 10 year plan

Hussein , Iraq check
Gadaffi, Libya check
Afghanistan, Obama check
Egypt, mubarak check

Last was Assad, Syria and the 5th and last country to be on the hit list was when other countires like Russia started to see this plan unravel.

Syria is an important strategic area and with the help of Russia have stopped those plans.

Syria was hard to get people on board to attack.
It's one of the most western and technological countries in the area.

President wore a suit not a dress and married a hot brit.

So when Obama asked congess for war with Syria and got denied most at the time were like wtf is Syria and war?

It took the good old chemical weapons in children the lowest form of propaganda to seal the deal.

There was just nothing else there to use as a motive

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:24 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

but then how would the US fund their black projects , they need that opium cash cow

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

im happy that troops are being brought home , In my opinion one of the best things a president can do is bring the troops home from war !

As for ISIS well I thought they were defeated when they couldnt maintain the territory in order to keep the caliphate alive !

they lost their territory when Russians attacked them enough that they couldnt claim a caliphate for that reason loss of territory

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 09:05 AM
link   
This report just popped up on the website I use to follow the Syrian Civil War:

After the US decision to withdraw. SDF leadership and the Syrian government are holding a high-level meeting to discuss the handover of the oil fields in the east of the Euphrates.

SDF is a group under Kurdish control. They took over a big chunk of territory from ISIS (that by an amazing coincidence include a lot of oil wells!) and recently have been part of the force trying to stamp out the ISIS pocket that's near the border with Iraq. France is also involved in this, probably due to the aforementioned oil resources, as are Russian and Iraqi forces.

It's just as I figured: with the US leaving, the Kurds are now forced to come to terms with the Syrian government. The oil fields are not in Kurdish territory, and the SDF no doubt wants to move their fighters to the northern border to guard against Turkey.

Eventually, the Kurds and the Syrian government will formally reconcile, which will lead to Turkey withdrawing its forces from NW Syria.
edit on 20-12-2018 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Personally, I think we should pull 100% of our troops out of ALL the Middle East!

Oil in Syria? So what! Let 'em take the oil, who cares. Oil is just a commodity and can only command so much in a market full of competitors. OPEC will crush them anyway.

Bush 2 should have done it. Obama should have done it. Trump SHOULD do it!

GET U.S. TROOPS OFF MIDDLE EASTERN SOIL...NOW! ALL OF THEM!

Oh, and listen up, M.E. ...with our troops goes our MONEY! Your countries are all YOURS!

Let the killing an genocide begin!

The U.S. will gladly sit on the sidelines and watch. Have a nice day!

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Not everyone agrees with this move. But Putin does. “Donald’s right, and I agree with him,” Mr. Putin said. I'm sure it's just a coincidence.

posted on Dec, 20 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Just like Putin agreed with Trump bombing Syria (which coward Obama didn't do) and arming Ukraine with lethal weapons (again, Obama cowed before Putin's threats... again UNLIKE TRUMP)

We wouldn't have any concerns RE: ISIL if we stopped illegally weakening the Government of Syria (who is fighting IS along with Russia, Israel, etc)

Stop funding "democratic" groups in Syria. They are attempting to overthrow a lawful government and that will leave a power vacuum leading to radical/criminal

Fact is, we don't belong in Syria. We have no legal right to be there: AKA invasion. The Government of Syria has told us to leave. Of course we're more than capable of rejecting their demands, but don't pretend to give two snips about "rule of law" when you advocate for illegal invasions of sovereign nations. Sovereignty, among all else, must be respected and is indispensable for a nation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join