It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching former President Bush's funeral - King or President?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

I seen that picture today and thought if looks could kill Donald would be the next presidential funeral.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

What super staged pic.

Now everyone put on matching suits.

Sit the right way.
boy, girl , boy, girl , boy, girl.

Now each of you pretend to be reading and hold "snap" .

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

originally posted by: schuyler
He was a President of the US. He gets a nice funeral. If you think this was "kingly" you ought to have seen Kennedy's. IMO this funeral is not particularly ostentatious. If you are butt hurt over this you really need to get over it.

I don't think you can compare a funeral for a President assassinated in his peak while in office, versus one that died of very old age while not in office, two totally different things.

I don't consider myself "butt hurt" either, just questioning the grandeur/scale of this funeral. I know there are people that don't question anything and just follow blindly, I'm not one of those.

Oh nonsense! That you even ought it up shows where your head is at. It's just a presidential funeral, just like Ford's. BFD.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Satire:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   
President HW Bush's body just landed in Houston. It's 5:25pm in Houston and also here in Chicago. It's pitch black outside here, but bright enough not to have lights on at the Houston airport.

Why is that?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The Bushes and George are nothing but war criminals that started wars on lies.
edit on 5-12-2018 by AtlasHawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 06:57 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Maybe has something to do with the difference in latitude and longitude (it’s definitely south of Chicago, west?).

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SammyB0476
a reply to: Cassi3l

I'm sorry, which branch did Obama or Clinton serve?

Kinda boring when they didn't have a war running in high gear.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Sunset in the Houston area would be around 5:30, so it would be dusk.

Houston is quite a bit farther south. Lat about 29 degrees.
edit on 12/5/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

I find it funny watching the leftist that hated the man when he was president slobbering all over him because they think its an insult to trump.

From what little I have heard he was a really nice guy to regular people he met, there is no doubt he literally put his butt on the line for his country, its a lot of choices he made after his military service that make me pause on calling him a great man.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 08:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
Maybe has something to do with the difference in latitude and longitude (it’s definitely south of Chicago, west?).

That's the only explanation I can come up with. Up by Alaska, it's only light for a few hours a day right now. I suppose the closer you get to the equator during northern hemisphere winter, the longer the days are. Thanks for replying!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 09:59 PM
link   

funerals show that you is dead

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Sunset in the Houston area would be around 5:30, so it would be dusk.
Houston is quite a bit farther south. Lat about 29 degrees.

Either the Sun stayed up longer today for the mourners, or the TV cameras were set to be extra sensitive to light. Didn't even look like Dusk.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Sunset was 5:23

Science isn't as evil as people make it out to be.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
Sunset was 5:23

Science isn't as evil as people make it out to be.

Ah Ha.. I just looked it up. Sunset here in Chicago was 4:19pm. That explains why it was pitch black outside here at 5:15pm, while it was still daylight in Houston, when the Bush family arrived.

I'm going to look for a website that's capable of showing a slow animation of how darkness (the terminator?) moves from east-to-west across North America at various times of the year.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Back to the Funeral...

Take a look at this photo.
twitter.com...

You can see President JIMMY CARTER's wife, Roslyn, but not President Carter. Why? Jimmy is being suffocated by Hillary's butt!

Hillary was attempting to generate another delay in Congressional testimony from federal prosecutor John Huber, by suffocating 94 year-old Jimmy Carter.

Huber is running the criminal investigation into the Bill/Hillary and their Clinton Foundation. He was scheduled to testify today, but the death of President H.W. Bush delayed it until next week.
edit on 12/6/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Dont feel bad , the guy was a war criminal , worst of the bunch!

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

The axis tilt of the Earth causes the effect. Seasons.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 08:41 AM
link   

The funny part is, nobody really liked Bush all that much when he was president. He lost re-election to Clinton, and at the time pretty much everyone knew he was going to lose because he broke his (in)famous "No new taxes" campaign promise.

But now, thirty years later, as you say he's being treated like a king now that he's gone.

posted on Dec, 6 2018 @ 04:48 PM
link   

He was a rich man with oil interests BUT he also once risked his life for his country, lost good friends whom he flew with that had there Livers EATEN by there Japanese Captors and showed true bravery managing to bomb his target even with his plane damaged by flack.
So he Served during the second world war and really DID serve and for that the man has my respect.

I may not like and even find questionably some of this son's action's during his time in office but would be wrong to judge even him since I do not have access to the intelligence he did but nevertheless I feel the second gulf war was completely unnecessary and was a useful ploy for private corporate OIL interests to get there mit's onto Iraq's Oil fields.
The FIRST gulf war however under Bush Snr was a genuine and correct action against a rogue state which had acted in aggression against it's neighbor (and that was to steal the Kuwaiti oil).
We could see the first gulf war as perhaps a period in which an age of resource wars began, during the first gulf war the US can lay claim quite rightly to the white hat so to speak.
But the second gulf war that hat was decidedly a dark shade of grey.

Still I feel that BUSH Snr was an effective world leader on the world stage, a man whom had gut's and determination and whom was usually on the right side of morality.

I wish his soul peace and having lost my own parent I know how his son must feel regardless of his own later government's less clear cut action's, it is just a shame that this empathy may have been taught to him too late and he was not a patch on his father.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join