It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching former President Bush's funeral - King or President?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I'm watching the funeral, and I don't mean to be a horrible person but all I can think is, am I watching a president's funeral, or a king?

From what i've grown to believe, a President is chosen by the people, a King is a royal birthright. What I am seeing is not something of the people.
This funeral has all the pomp and circumstance of a Royal wedding and the same kind of media coverage too.
I'm not saying a US president should have a paupers funeral, but something doesn't seem right here.

I mean no disrespect at all by this thread. It is not so much about Bush, as much as it is about the position of the US presidency.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Obama did bow to the coffin....

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm

His family is very rich and has many ties to a bunch of stuff.. King not so sure, very powerful due to his stature yes.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Between being a huge power in the oil industry and being involved in several administrations (look it up), Papa Bush was immensely influential.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Well, they are the ruling class, if they aren't careful they'll keep going out of their way to signal that.

McCain's was ridiculous, I guess it's to the point of one upmanship.

Can't imagine what the next one will look like in a few years.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
a reply to: frostjon361

Very much so and for many years.. I've read ties back to Nazi Germany, not sure how much is true of course. Even so, he is no king.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: MarlbBlack

Very much so and for many years.. I've read ties back to Nazi Germany, not sure how much is true of course. Even so, he is no king.

I think you're thinking of allegations made against his father, Prescott Bush.
edit on 5-12-2018 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Bush Snr was a deep state warpig, his son was a deepstate warpig, warpigs do not get my respect.

On another note, here is an epic pic of the most hated people in the world all sitting within cooee of each other at said funeral. Well done Drudge.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:48 PM
link   
a reply to: CriticalStinker

well yes of course, I meant the Bush name entirely.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

That pic could generate a thousand meme's.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Most all Skull and Bones members get the royal send-off by media if directed to do so.

Nobody in the MSM would dare refuse the wishes of the Skull and Bones people for fear of becoming just a skull and a pile of bones.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   

I'm just glad we're not into doing pyramids any more.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

George W Bush is the 11th Cousin first time removed of Queen Elizabeth II.

So would you expect anything different for his funeral. Even Prince Charles bothered to attend.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

It's tradition and it's as much about paying respect to the office as it is to the person. The fact we do not have a King is actually being celebrated here. Kings are born into office, American Presidents have to get the support of the people and their power is limited. A President can be taken out of office, a King cannot.

Why does it bother you? I'm not entirely sure I'm getting your point here? Governments must have leaders or there would be total chaos and a country like the US needs powerful leaders, because we are a powerful country.

To not pay respect to any person who made it into the White House, who put their lives on hold to lead us for not much money, would be strange.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   
And rich, very rich.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

The way I see it as a non American is they're showing respect to a man who served his country all of his life , not a Bush fan but I think it's fitting.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

American Presidents have to get the support of the people and their power is limited.

If you think that funeral shows limited power, we are watching two different things.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

This is the only thing I could gather from that smirk?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: JAGStorm

This is the only thing I could gather from that smirk?

Trump has fallen asleep.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

It's well documented actually, not even hard to find.... look up Prescott Bush (George Senior's father). He helped facilitate banking/finance/nest egg stuff which helped the Nazis

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join