It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Watching former President Bush's funeral - King or President?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JAGStorm
What were previous Presidential funerals like? I've seen pictures of Kennedy's, and that seems to have been a semi-military parade. After all, the President is Head of State.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:10 PM
link   

He's more than just a former president. He's a high priest in the reptilian bloodline.
He pushed the world as close as he could to a NWO and I'm sure he's currently blooding up in his new 18 year old cloned body.
He comes from Egypt and before that Summer and before that Sirius.
He's been around for a long, long year, stole many a mans soul and faith.

While your kings and queens fought for ten decades
For the gods they made, I shouted out,
Who killed the kennedys?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:16 PM
link   

well I imagined, Michelle farted and is smirking, Hillary smelled it and is pissed, Melanie is trying to ignore the smell while Don hangs his head in shame... Obama yep he likes the smell and is livid with it.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
President.

This is small potatoes.

Grant's Funeral March

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Cravens

I have to sign up to watch that?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cravens
President.

This is small potatoes.

Grant's Funeral March

VERY different vibe

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Bush Sr. earned this funeral.

Yes, he was born with a silver spoon but so were many but he served. Military hero and a good guy. Not perfect and yes, given many gifts but it is what he did with those gifts that earned him love and admiration.

Peace.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:36 PM
link   

The entire time I was watching, all I could think was, "the English have 'Royal Weddings' and I guess we have 'Presidential Funerals.' I think I prefer the weddings." Not much to add but glad I wasn't the only one who made that correlation.

Oh!!! I did learn that when you are a president and pass away, the church brings out all the big guns. Who knew there was a title of "The Very Reverend"??? They must keep him hidden in the back and only bring him out for super important things because I've never heard of such a title before. Granted, I am not Catholic nor any Christian denomination that resembles Catholicism but I have attended church on a fairly regular basis for most of my life and only learned of there being a Very Reverend today. Guess ya really do learn something new everyday!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Tanga36

In the Anglican & Catholic Church The Very Revered is a common title.

Other tiles include The Right Reverend and if you are a Archbishop the tile is Most Reverend.

Here endeth the lesson.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
HW wasn't just a former president though. Love him or hate him the man has been a major player in US government for as long as I've been alive. When someone of that stature dies, I think it's appropriate to make a big deal out of it.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Well he was part of a political dynasty comparable to the Kennedy's.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

originally posted by: MarlbBlack
a reply to: frostjon361

Very much so and for many years.. I've read ties back to Nazi Germany, not sure how much is true of course. Even so, he is no king.

It's well documented actually, not even hard to find.... look up Prescott Bush (George Senior's father). He helped facilitate banking/finance/nest egg stuff which helped the Nazis
There were several companies that were doing business with Nazis. Some big names like Chase bank, Standard Oil, Kodak, Ford, and the one Prescott Bush was helping to run, Union Banking Corporation or UBC. He was also on the board of at least a couple of the "front companies" that UBC had set up to help fund Nazi Germany and Hitler, like steel corporations in Europe, under various names. Eventually UBC, it's front companies and their assets were seized under the "Trading with the Enemy" Act. But an awful lot of money had already flowed from Germany to the US by the time that happened. It is speculated that a large portion, possibly even a majority of the Bush fortune was made during the 1930s and 40s from Prescott's dealings with the Nazis. Fun Fact: Prescott Bush was also a Skull n Boner

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Why is Clinton the only one looking at the camera? And evil looking, too. did either of them fall asleep at this funeral?

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
a reply to: Tanga36

In the Anglican & Catholic Church The Very Revered is a common title.

Other tiles include The Right Reverend and if you are a Archbishop the tile is Most Reverend.

Here endeth the lesson.

Thank you!!
Like I stated, I had never heard of the title before and was wondering if I was actually reading it correctly on the screen. I have heard of Most Reverend before but had forgotten about ot until you just mentioned it. I grew up with step siblings who were Catholic and gained most of my Catholic knowledge from them. I was just pretty excited to find out that somebody actually has that title! I approve!

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Definitely not a king, but it was definitely a service fit for a king.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:08 PM
link   
He was a President of the US. He gets a nice funeral. If you think this was "kingly" you ought to have seen Kennedy's. IMO this funeral is not particularly ostentatious. If you are butt hurt over this you really need to get over it.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
He was a President of the US. He gets a nice funeral. If you think this was "kingly" you ought to have seen Kennedy's. IMO this funeral is not particularly ostentatious. If you are butt hurt over this you really need to get over it.

I don't think you can compare a funeral for a President assassinated in his peak while in office, versus one that died of very old age while not in office, two totally different things.

I don't consider myself "butt hurt" either, just questioning the grandeur/scale of this funeral. I know there are people that don't question anything and just follow blindly, I'm not one of those.

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Even at a state funeral,
Spanky Bone-Spurs can't help himself from being petty

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Maybe we aren't just mourning a man, but something lost

posted on Dec, 5 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cassi3l

I'm sorry, which branch did Obama or Clinton serve?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join