It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Hey Fin, I keep missing you, hope my cards catch up with you.
Hugs

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: WalkInSilence

Oh... Oh...

A Finnish card...

And your hugs...

They mean so much to me right now that i can not describe it with words. Drinking to kill the pain but you helped quite a lot. This will not be forgotten dear WIS.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Merry Christmas!

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Thanks Wis.
I do appreciate that.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Gordi The Drummer

This is a little harsh don't you think my friend? very clever though.
Now if you subject yourself to my obvious superior status, I will kindly look past this, considering it a minor infraction.

Toodles

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence
This is a little harsh don't you think my friend? very clever though.
Now if you subject yourself to my obvious superior status, I will kindly look past this, considering it a minor infraction.

Toodles

Oh sorry, I hadn't noticed that it was a SHE cat!

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I think we've done really well this year getting meaningful gifts, sans any filler fluff gifts

Older kid is getting a pair of amethyst earrings, a couple dozen small canvases to paint, a 24 count set of acrylic paints, new PJs, a funny shirt from her sister (she FINALLY picked something) a faux fur lined blanket, and ear muffs (because she can't be bothered to keep her jacket hood up or a hat on when it's 10* out)

Younger kid is getting a baby dino robo-pet, a gem digging kit, a wooden marble run (she's majorly into all things marbles) yarn in her favorite color to loom knit with, a faux fur lined blanket and ear muffs like her sister (different colors) and an etched glass dino light from her sister (maybe, she still hasn't decided yet and it's down the the wire for ordering today or having to find something else locally) An alternative she's considering is a book about mineralogy and gemology. Pick one, kid, clock's a-tickin'.

The joint gifts for them are a gift card to Build-A-Bear for whatever they want -- clothes & stuff for the buddies they already have, or make new buddies, whatever they want. And hubby ordered an Amazon Fire 8 tablet for them (for everybody, actually) They're going to crap when they open that one, we keep deflecting & telling them "Hell no, those tablet things aren't worth it"

Hubby's getting a backlit keyboard, and since I had the idea to get him a wax warmer, I've been trying to find one that is aesthetically appealing for him. I gave up trying to find one around here (the stores stock some pretty tacky warmers...) and got him a Yankee Candle gift card to get the one I know he wants that he saw in their store.

I'm also going to give him a Steam wallet code (Steam gift certificate code, in other words) and tell him to browse the Steam store. When all else fails, get the gamer a GC code

I was going to get the younger kid a bigger knitting loom, but I haven't been able to get to the craft store to grab one, and the alternative I had my eye on on Amazon shot up in price, so nope, not right now. Her birthday's in a couple of months, so maybe then if I don't get it before then.

All things considered, I'm pretty happy with the items and amounts of stuff. It wasn't a ridiculous number of things, and they're things that will be both happily received and happily used. Hubby's annoyed that we didn't have a bigger budget this year, but I keep telling him it's not the quantity that counts, it's the quality and thought that counts. They're only getting 7 things each, but they'll appreciate those 7 things MUCH more than if they were getting way more things that they didn't like or want quite so much

He's also expressed his disappointment that he hasn't had enough free time to go shopping solo for anything for me. The one day off lately that he could have, he had the couch flipped over and bottom opened up to fix and reinforce a broken support beam. That actually was a lot more time consuming than we gave it credit for.
I keep telling him my gift is watching all 3 faces when they open their things. That's more than gift enough for me, hurry up, Christmas!!

Edit: Took the kid long enough, but older one finally picked a gift for her sister -- the traditional ugly sweater (except this is a sweater dress) in a dino theme she found on Amazon. "It's so ugly, it's cute! She'll love it!" Whatever works for ya, it's your present to give

edit on 12/17/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Errollorre

Thank you Night.
I don't mind at all.
I've tried to refrain from subjecting the Shed to endless videos of my singing.

Stop refraining! Please share! Many of your songs remind me of my childhood and bring back happy memories.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Finspiracy

Love and a good hug is very healing. With lots of love and good friendships here, we can carry each other through and help one another push forward.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Nice gifts Nyiah! I have finally sorted through the things I already have for people and know who else I have to buy for. I just need to finish on Friday and need some gift bags in the right size. My gift is to watch others open their gifts too. I put a lot of thought and care into choosing for everyone. I am proud of the amazing bargains I have come across. I'm also fortunate that we have various discount shops where you can find things less than half of what you would spend anywhere else.

Then there is always e-bay, but I'll do more of that next year.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 03:00 PM
link   

HA! Good one! Gotta keep our Sir Gordi in line.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 04:05 PM
link   
A special shout out to Chirp, Jacy, Blue, JustMike and everyone who is facing challenges at this time.

edit on 17-12-2018 by Night Star because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Oh Thank God you are back to normal, cough, I mean "I am very happy too see you are better"
Which I of course am. Am I digging a hole for my self here?

I do enjoy your style.
Have you considered putting it into an actual book? I would buy it and give it to my friends. It is universal and unique at the same time.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

Thank you, I try.

It is rather complicated with him though. He is so feline in his behavior, independent, self-confident, does not subject himself to forced cohesion, you can't train the man to do any thing except respond to the food or "spirits" bell. As a cat he chooses his conspirators with acute discernment. He may not like them but he sure resembles them.
I am in trouble now. Runs and hides.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I second that very powerful affirmation.

edit on 17-12-2018 by WalkInSilence because: Just

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gordi The Drummer
Oh sorry, I hadn't noticed that it was a SHE cat!

Well, this statement does prove that you have some knowledge and care for your own survival.
You mean a bean sith?

Apart from the bantering, your Christmas avatar is a joy, it makes me happy. Not because you look silly and utterly stupid, which you do.
But for all the love in that one moment. Thank you for sharing and thank that wonderful patient Chrissy. You both give me hope and comfort. With people like the two of you we can survive another day.
Now go pamper her.
edit on 17-12-2018 by WalkInSilence because: words

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: WalkInSilence

Thank you, I try.

It is rather complicated with him though. He is so feline in his behavior, independent, self-confident, does not subject himself to forced cohesion, you can't train the man to do any thing except respond to the food or "spirits" bell. As a cat he chooses his conspirators with acute discernment. He may not like them but he sure resembles them.
I am in trouble now. Runs and hides.

Gordi?

Giggles and hides out with Wis.

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Oh dear, me thinks his is going to have a fit. It does resemble him doesn't it. A little too cute though.
Well we can handle that. We just tuck them in a chair with their favorite beverage, put some snacks out, give them the remote and throw a blanket over them.
When they grumble we turn up the volume.

I found this for today.

She is a little sad but they have each others company and a star to light the way.
edit on 17-12-2018 by WalkInSilence because: letter

edit on 17-12-2018 by WalkInSilence because: letter

edit on 17-12-2018 by WalkInSilence because: stuff

posted on Dec, 17 2018 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Love, love, love the pic!

posted on Dec, 18 2018 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Gordi?

Giggles and hides out with Wis.

hmmm, there's definitely a family resemblance there, but I can't quite put my finger on it....

Rowwwr! LOL

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join