It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Shed 22

page: 286
<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

I'll pass on the pink gunk, thanks. Enjoy your lunch and day out.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:26 AM
link   
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

Thanks Hun!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Timely
Just like you and everyone here, I'm so relieved she's doing better. Such good news!

I'm doing ok, I guess. I have a great doctor looking after me and I see him pretty regularly. Saw him this morning, actually. My appointment was booked as a long consult, so we had about 45 minutes. As it turned out he noticed a potential neurological issue and so he arranged a consult for me with a neurologist for an EEG, etc etc. It's nothing too drastic, but it needs checking out.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: JustMike

I'm glad that have a great Doctor to look after you Mike. Do keep us posted on his findings.

I should be leaving soon for lunch, but will be back with you all when I get back. Hugs!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Timely
She's Baack!!!

Details in the other thread.

So very happy!!

Fantastic news! Silly happy for you both...still sending strength you all's way!

Here is a pic of the redneck nesting post with the eastern bluebirds. This is as close as they would let me come to them and I just couldn't risk scaring them off.

The camera on this phone sure leaves a lot to be desired or perhaps it's the photographer

(((hugs))) all!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Timely

So pleased mate!!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 12:39 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

I googled your birds. They are gorgeous. Their song is very similar to a blackbirds so another plus in my book. Please don't get any closer.

edit on 27/3/19 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:00 PM
link   
a reply to: TNMockingbird

Awww, Bluebirds! How exciting to have them approve of the new home you provided for them!

The song birds are returning around here finally, though we still have bare trees waiting for their leaves to come back. It's Spring-ish around here.

Had a lovely lunch with my Sister and sat outside for a short time. Cool and invigorating and just an overall beautiful day.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:04 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Hey everyone! Sorry I've not been around, health issues which I'll explain in a bit.

Timely: I'm very relieved that it looks like your wife is going to be okay. I was horrified to read the thread on what happened!

Well, finally saw my doctor at the VA today. He was quite pleased with my blood work, doesn't want to put me on insulin yet. Says he's never seen anyone who's a type 2 like me that still generates insulin so much after a decade of it.

However, turns out my cough? It's not allergies, nor a cold, nor bronchitis. Turns out: I have asthma.

Sigh. It does run in my family. My mom developed it when she was 39, and my little sis when she was 23. Just took a very long time for me, and this years pollen is so bad it finally triggered it. He's sending me inhalers to use twice a day. Said that more than likely it will appear to clear up by summer...but that next spring I'd better be ready for it again.

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Hi Erik! You've been missed. LoneCloudHopper has asthma as well as my friend Linda and they have to use an inhaler. At least you have something for relief now. Great to see you!

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Interesting day out, a quick run to the store turned into driving halfway to Lake Michigan, but having to turn around because hubby forgot his state park pass card he got when he renewed the tags for the car (can renew both in one shot online here, just turn the card in at the entrance for a windshield sticker) Kind of beats the point to pay for a single day's entry when you already paid for the annual pass, lol.

We ended up browsing around one of the second hand shops in the area, the older kid got a pair of earrings, the younger kid got a bracelet, hubby and I found a pair of crystal juice glasses (will come in very handy for small mixed drinks)

Hubby also had to be dragged away from a vendor stall specializing in handmade soaps & other assorted bathing sundry. We walked out of there with 2 soap bars for us, and 2 bath bombs for the kids. One of the soap bars is pretty intriguing, one of the ingredients is beer, lol. I'm actually looking forward to trying that out, it smells like a wildflower-filled spring meadow, not beer.

I may or may not have made a mental list of additional soaps to go back for in the coming weeks. I'm sure hubby did, too, he's a very big fan of the good old fashioned real soaps & hates the mainstream chemical soup bars

posted on Mar, 27 2019 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I have a number of herbal soaps and love them as well as bath bombs.

Also love second hand stores as you know. What does the older kids earrings look like and the youngest one's bracelet?
Glad you had a wonderful time Nyiah!

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 01:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Night Star

I have a number of herbal soaps and love them as well as bath bombs.

Also love second hand stores as you know. What does the older kids earrings look like and the youngest one's bracelet?
Glad you had a wonderful time Nyiah!

I REALLY love hubby's shaving soap, A Wild Soap Bar's Sassafras. He's been using it for years, and every now and then, I'll shave my legs with it. No commercial liquid or bar soap comes close to how good a shave a face or legs get with it

I also used to use a shampoo bar, but I could never remember the name of it. I had to save the labels to reorder it, and I've long since lost them. It's really disappointing, that was the best stuff I ever washed my hair with and I never needed conditioner. A real close runner up is Nature's Gate hemp shampoo, never needed conditioner with that, either.

I like bath bombs to a point, once in a great while I'll get these at Meijer when they're on sale, but I generally prefer nothing in my bath water while I simply soak before washing up -- I'm one of those types who likes to submerge my face. I really hate getting shampoo rinse water in my eyes, so a lot of the bath products out there are just as bad as that feeling or worse to me, lol.

The older kiddo's earrings are 3 dangly strips of blue metal slightly curved at the ends, they remind me of the fronds of a palm leaf (maybe it's supposed to?) The younger kid's bracelet is a mix of blue beads and silver beads. They're fashion bead sized, not the beadwork size, it's really pretty. I found it funny that they both picked pretty blues completely independent of each other on opposite sides of the store, lol.

What's really neato is that they didn't even break their allowance banks, both were under $2 each. And the crystal juice glasses hubby and I got were $5 for the pair. The soaps and bath bombs came to $8, so we really didn't do badly per item at all for an impromptu scavenger hunt in a second hand shop.

I think it's really awesome that they allow artisan stalls like soap makers. It's just not something you expect in a place like that.
edit on 3/28/2019 by Nyiah because: Fruit glasses, haha, I'm having a orange craving right now and it shows XD

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Artisan stalls are awesome, though I have never seen them in our second hand stores around here. We do have shops that sell natural products though that I love. Plus...my Sister is always giving me stuff which is cool.

The girls jewelry pieces sound lovely. I have found some beautiful jewelry at second hand stores for really cheap. It's like going on a treasure hunt not knowing what you might find. FUN!

I see you are up late too. LOL The night owl Sisters.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Clicking random videos and found this. What a beautiful voice and tune.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 05:19 AM
link   
Have a pleasant day everyone.

Not much going on here. The usual. Woke up from my friend's couch, took a bus downtown, bought 24 beer cans. Just took a long sauna, after that a very long cooling shower. That made me feel refreshed somehow. Now just online, listening to music and browsing ATS.

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Trips over the cat, steadies herself and heads for the living room. Sees Fin drinking beer and joins him with a cup of coffee.

Hello is anyone else home?

posted on Mar, 28 2019 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Hello, hope your day is going well

<< 283  284  285    287  288  289 >>

join