It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is going back to the moon — if it can figure out how to get there

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Vacuum ?

A never ending sucking force to elsewhere i suppose.

A powerful force that just pulls relentlessly in all directions...no matter...what.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Why so scared to use this fantastic 3m kapton film now...something change?

They forgot how to make it?

No matter period...the excuses made to the public and scientists alike are a complete joke.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Buzz Aldrin when asked by me nearly 40 years ago who made the glass for the visor , turned and walked out of a packed hall went to a car and sat in the passenger seat nearby .

I don't believe you.

But which visor are you asking about? There was a protective visor and a sun visor. Neither was glass.

Ha..saw Buzz Aldrin in a church for Gods sake telling everyone about his amazing mission...

Never believed his stories for a second and this was before i heard about moon hoaxes.

The guy spoke as a true story teller.
spellbinding the masses like Benny Hinn did for awhile.

The guy knows he has never told the real truth and we all can see.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

It was used on the shuttle, has been used on a number of satellites and is used on the ISS. The lack of basic knowledge on subjects about which some people claim expertise is a joke.
edit on 20/11/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: Typos

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Your lack of belief counts for nothing. I've heard several Apollo astronauts speak and the depth of their technical knowledge even with their advancing years is remarkable. The evidence they went is incontrovertible. The evidence they didn't does not withstand even cursory scrutiny.
edit on 20/11/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Astronaut Buzz Aldrin sent a tweet claiming that humanity was in danger, and that a mysterious "it" was "evil itself."

www.snopes.com...

Happy campers

A picture paints a thousand words so they say

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 04:41 AM
link   
But who owns the mining rights on the moon?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 05:49 AM
link   

a reply to: MteWamp Why so scared to use this fantastic 3m kapton film now...something change? They forgot how to make it? No matter period...the excuses made to the public and scientists alike are a complete joke.

It is still made and sold by Dupont:

Kapton - Dupont's Website

Readily available still. You can even buy the bloody stuff on Amazon.

"Complete joke"? - that would be you.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Vacuum ?

A powerful force that just pulls relentlessly in all directions...no matter...what.

No. If you open an airlock door in space the sucking thing is the air getting sucked out into space. When the air is gone the sucking stops. Have you not seen Alien?

You do not seem to know much about stuff, do you?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Nobody?

Who Owns the Moon? - Space Law

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam

Astronaut Buzz Aldrin sent a tweet claiming that humanity was in danger, and that a mysterious "it" was "evil itself."

www.snopes.com...

did you not read the Snopes link? The bit that says that story is false?

Happy campers

A picture paints a thousand words so they say

It does, doesn't it:

No-one from NASA ever said that image was from Mars. The only people who do are flat earth nutjobs and other people who swallow everything they see on the web without fact checking first

embracetheball.blogspot.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

You might like to read up on Buzz Aldrin's life, career and achievements:

Buzz Aldrin - Wiki

Quite a lot to pack into a life. Who, exactly, are you to sneer about him, I wonder?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

Do you bother checking what you are posting before you post it, at all? Perhaps click on your own links?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Nobody?

Who Owns the Moon? - Space Law

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: AtlasHawk
a reply to: rickymouse

I think we did go to the moon but not as many times as they say we did.

The fact that they have a hard time going back now with all these advanced technology i am starting to doubt that men made it to the moon in the 60s.

Not mention space had radiation. I highly doubt the 60s spacesuits supposedly had any protection from radiation.

"Space had radiation"?

Don't get TOO technical there, Cletus....

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: firerescue

Been some work on using redesigned F! in heavy lift rockets

F1 was custom built by hand by heavy skilled technicians. That art has been lost , Only like 56 engines were ever built

Last couple of years Rocketdyne tested a redesigned F1 . Were using modern manufacturing technique, which did not exist in 1960's

Did a few tweaks to simplify engine and eliminate 90 % of parts - left off turbine exhaust gas recycle where fuel rich
exhaust gases from turbo pumps were fed back into engine

Redesigned F1 just exhausts them out - cost little on efficiency but cuts way down on complexity and costs

Exactly correct.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Buzz Aldrin when asked by me nearly 40 years ago who made the glass for the visor , turned and walked out of a packed hall went to a car and sat in the passenger seat nearby .

It took me a lot of years to figure out the answer to why he walked away from a young kid that day , i was in no way dis-respecfull to the man and i got to ask the first question

Ummm... OK... And?

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

originally posted by: ParasuvO

Vacuum ?

No. If you open an airlock door in space the sucking thing is the air getting sucked out into space. When the air is gone the sucking stops. Have you not seen Alien?

You do not seem to know much about stuff, do you?

Actually, "sucking" is the wrong word to use here. The air simply escapes into vacuum due to gas pressure (gas always tries to expand). Vacuum does no sucking on its part; all the work is done by air molecules.
edit on 20-11-2018 by wildespace because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 09:54 AM
link   

It took me a lot of years to figure out the answer to why he walked away from a young kid that day , i was in no way dis-respecfull to the man and i got to ask the first question

He was probably intimidated by your eloquence and complete mastery of the English language.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: wildespace

My bad, but hopefully he's got the picture.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join