It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is going back to the moon — if it can figure out how to get there

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick7
If you need more convincing go to this site:

centerforaninformedamerica.com...

For comments about the first US space walk possibly being faked, see this module:

centerforaninformedamerica.com...

Gemini astronaut Ed White allegedly became the first American to perform a space-walk, despite the fact that NASA did not yet appear to have a suit that would allow for such a maneuver. Nevertheless, on June 3, 1965, White allegedly performed a successful 22-minute EVA NASA did not attempt the maneuver again for an entire year, until June 3, 1966, despite the fact that four Gemini capsules were launched during the intervening year and those four spent a combined total of twenty-three days in low-Earth orbit. Yet none of those four crews, it would appear, had time to practice space-walking, even though practicing and perfecting EVAs was one of the primary goals of the Gemini program

They did have a suit that could "allow for the maneuver".

Here's some free advice, Booboo.

Buy or borrow a wood chipper, then start that big, beautiful f*cker up and throw all your electronic devices into it.

Isn't it cool to watch large things get turned into small things?

Find a library or a bookstore.

Go there.

Read books.

Lather, rinse, and repeat.

When your insanity is cured, maybe you can post here without embarrassing yourself.

posted on Nov, 20 2018 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AtlasHawk

Before got sidetracked by flat earth/moon hoax nutters …………

Waiting on new generation of heavy lift rockets before considering return to moon

Vehicles like SPACE X new BFR - Big Frigging Rocket

en.wikipedia.org...(rocket)

BFR is not supposed to begin flight tests before 2020-21 with lunar flyby (with paying passenger) 2023

Right now technology exists only for limited payloads to moon

After Apollo program wound down in 1970's and Saturn V retired lost the ability to transport humans to moon and back

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MteWamp

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
a reply to: MteWamp

Buzz Aldrin when asked by me nearly 40 years ago who made the glass for the visor , turned and walked out of a packed hall went to a car and sat in the passenger seat nearby .

It took me a lot of years to figure out the answer to why he walked away from a young kid that day , i was in no way dis-respecfull to the man and i got to ask the first question

Ummm... OK... And?

And he walked away from me

do keep up old chap

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

There could be many reasons why he might have walked away from you ranging from poor personal hygiene to.....
You get the picture?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:45 AM
link   
In 2052 this thread may be significant when they teach people about the fake landing and how people went nuts over it on each other.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:55 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

It would not surprise me in the least if in 2052 there were still Moontards posting stupid videos or their future equivalent.

Stupid is as stupid does. There will always be gullible idiots.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: oldcarpy

I enjoy your posts OC

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: MrPopularity

Thank you - I try to please!

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: oldcarpy

There could be many reasons why he might have walked away from you ranging from poor personal hygiene to.....
You get the picture?

What !

I was a very respectful kid and was polite to the gentleman , He was doing a lecture tour on how bibles were being smuggled in to the former USSR and trying to dazzle all the young there , my question to him was the first when he asked us all a question , He expected a biblical question maybe when he looked at me and pointed and i was maybe 10-12 foot or do you like meters away

From that day in the 1970s until today only 12 people could have answered my question that i would have trusted anyone else and it is just a opinion and they are like ass holes - we all have one

edit on 21/11/2018 by stonerwilliam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   

You have that right,we all have assholes. Some are more irritating than others but that's ok. Assholes intrigue me haha.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 08:56 AM
link   

I didn't mean to be rude, apologies.

So as an 8 year old you asked Buzz who made the glass for the space suits (it wasn't glass but never mind) and he blanked you, walked off and sat in his car.

My question is, what meaning do you attribute to this alleged behaviour and what does it have to do with any Moon hoax thing?

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: stonerwilliam
What !

I was a very respectful kid and was polite to the gentleman , He was doing a lecture tour on how bibles were being smuggled in to the former USSR and trying to dazzle all the young there , my question to him was the first when he asked us all a question , He expected a biblical question maybe when he looked at me and pointed and i was maybe 10-12 foot or do you like meters away

From that day in the 1970s until today only 12 people could have answered my question that i would have trusted anyone else and it is just a opinion and they are like ass holes - we all have one

It would be interesting to know more precise details in terms of where and when, as it's well recorded that Buzz was not in the best mental health in the years post landing.

Assuming you do have perfect and unfiltered recall of your younger self's experience, I'd paraphrase oldcarpy's question as one of my own: So what?

An awful lot of people (a lot of them awful people) have cast all manner of aspersions on Apollo astronauts based on their interpretation of their behaviour, but that subjective opinion in no way counters the massive weight of evidence that proves beyond doubt that the landings happened as advertised.

Just this morning I posted this picture on a youtube video in response to someone making a baseless claim about Apollo 11's TV broadcast from lunar orbit prior to the landing.

It shows a small crater near Hume, south of Mare Smythii on the eastern limb. Left of the TV image is the view taken by China, right is the LRO view. The crater is not visible from Earth, so could not be from a terrestrial photograph. It was filmed and described by a hand held camera shortly after establishing contact with Earth on the second lunar orbit. There is no photograph of that crater showing that level of detail taken prior to Apollo. How does the imperfect behaviour of someone you met invalidate that? Why would it be necessary for him to even know the answer?
edit on 21/11/2018 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: clarity

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: OneBigMonkeyToo

How does the imperfect behaviour of someone you met invalidate that? Why would it be necessary for him to even know the answer?

That is why I asked the question. If I had asked the pilot of the Airbus who flew us on our hols who made the glass (or whatever it is) for the windscreen I would probably get a funny look and I would not be in least bit surprised if he did not have a clue.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I can not believe some of you people doubting we went to the moon....... next I suppose you are going to say that there is no way they can point a telescope at a star 100 light years away, find a planet and tell you as much about it as they can the planet right next to us.

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Zimnydran

Yes I believe everything science man says it is my gods I never questions the gods, no no no, can't question them. they know all and never are mistaken.
edit on 21-11-2018 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2018 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton
a reply to: Zimnydran

Yes I believe everything science man says it is my gods I never questions the gods, no no no, can't question them. they know all and never are mistaken.

Lying and being mistaken are two different things, aren't they?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

But you probably believe any old rubbish that you see on Youtube?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Hey! You going to answer my question?

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: IndyFront
We and the Russians have probably had people there since the last time we went. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum of 'moon-truthers,' in that I believe we have never left the moon and have had a base or presence there in some form or fashion since the early 1980s or longer even.

Look how long it took a multi nation team to build the ISS and get it just 240 miles from the Earth lauches would be seen and tracked.

posted on Nov, 22 2018 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParasuvO
a reply to: MteWamp

Vacuum ?

A never ending sucking force to elsewhere i suppose.

A powerful force that just pulls relentlessly in all directions...no matter...what.

You suck a vacuum doesn't a vacuum is zero pressure.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join