It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA is going back to the moon — if it can figure out how to get there

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: [po

The fact that they have a hard time going back now with all these advanced technology i am starting to doubt that men made it to the moon in the 60s.
st=23971127]AtlasHawk[/post]

Could actually get there now using SPACE X Falcon Heavy and redesigned Dragon capsule, that is if want to recreate Apollo 8 mission around moon

Musk has said not want to man rate Falcon Heavy, go right to BFR for lunar/interplanetary missions

Question of money and risk - SATURN V launched live crew (Apollo 8) on only 3 launch . This was after 2nd test
was partial failure - 2 engines shutdown premature in 2 nd stage and 3 stage failed to restart

Von Braun was able to fix the problems in only 6 months to be ready for Apollo 8

Question is what are objectives and money

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 02:37 PM
link   
a reply to: firerescue

Could actually get there now using SPACE X Falcon Heavy and redesigned Dragon capsule, that is if want to recreate Apollo 8 mission around moon

Great point about Space X/Russian Rockets to. Hm well if they wanted to go back to the Moon or to Mars which is actually close why aren't they doing it so with Space X then? why wait 20/40 years? are they hiding something up there that they don't want ordinary people to know?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Maybe the moon just isn't all that interesting once you go there and have a look around. Like Hollywood.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:19 PM
link   
We and the Russians have probably had people there since the last time we went. I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum of 'moon-truthers,' in that I believe we have never left the moon and have had a base or presence there in some form or fashion since the early 1980s or longer even.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: IndyFront
I'm on the opposite end of the spectrum of 'moon-truthers,' in that I believe we have never left the moon and have had a base or presence there in some form or fashion since the early 1980s or longer even.

I like it.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I wish there was more space stuff... Right now I would settle for an MMORPG that takes place in the solar system! Seriously though why haven't that been made? Starts on Earth in the beginning goes to Moon and so on and expansion packs for out of the solar system... Now that would be cool, I'd buy it.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MteWamp

Buzz Aldrin when asked by me nearly 40 years ago who made the glass for the visor , turned and walked out of a packed hall went to a car and sat in the passenger seat nearby .

It took me a lot of years to figure out the answer to why he walked away from a young kid that day , i was in no way dis-respecfull to the man and i got to ask the first question

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Buzz Aldrin when asked by me nearly 40 years ago who made the glass for the visor , turned and walked out of a packed hall went to a car and sat in the passenger seat nearby .

It took me a lot of years to figure out the answer to why he walked away from a young kid that day , i was in no way dis-respecfull to the man and i got to ask the first question

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: stonerwilliam

I don't believe you.

But which visor are you asking about? There was a protective visor and a sun visor. Neither was glass.

edit on 11/19/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

There was plenty of happy clappers there that night Phage that i could get to back this up as old Buzz did a tour in the 70s of Christian halls talking about the bible , why lie ! you only kid yourself in the end

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Ok.
I'll wait.
Proceed.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Why stop keep going dmnit!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

He called you out on the visors not being made of glass, aren’t you going to reply to that?

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Kalsek

That was the exact question i asked the man why did he walk away from me , he should have been well versed in that field . because those guys were the coolest in the universe

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:18 PM
link   

That was the exact question i asked the man why did he walk away from me

You're changing your story.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

No i am not phage , we have had this discussion before

I was interested because i wanted to build myself a suit for going to school in the winter , the helmet was stumping me as a 8 year old

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:33 PM
link   

No i am not phage ,
You did.

But perhaps, as an 8 year old, you misinterpreted what happened.
Eight year olds can be rather self centered.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Perhaps, as an 8 year old, you missed something.
Eight year olds can be rather self centered.

That i did phage , a Russian engineer that was sitting with my grandfather who were laughing out loud at all this , even back then they knew about the letter on the rock and a coke bottle !

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:40 PM
link   

even back then they knew about the letter on the rock and a coke bottle !

Sure they did.

And I'm sure you asked Aldrin who made the glass for the visor which wasn't glass.

And I'm sure he went and sulked in his car right after you did so.

Sure.

posted on Nov, 19 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
That is the way it went down Phage , ps i think it was in 76-77 so i was 10 sorry as you can see from the 4th line of my sig

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join