It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspots, record cold, warns NASA scientist

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: LSU2018

I brought this up over the Summer during "global warming" threads and the children laughed.

You know that the OP is about the upper atmosphere, right?

What I read said it will effect the surface.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

nothing brings your source to light anymore than the other source.

Right. Because made up orbital mechanics are no different than real orbital mechanics.

I wonder how well those made up orbital mechanics would be able to get a space probe to Pluto.

How are they made up?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   

What I read said it will effect the surface.

How?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:02 PM
link   

How are they made up?

They are made up because Jupiter and Saturn will not cause Earth's orbit to suddenly change enough to reduce solar insolation by 13%. That's not the way orbits work.

The link I posted shows how Earth's orbit changes by doing actual calculations, using all of the planets.

edit on 11/14/2018 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
But but a certain person is convinced it has nothing to do with the weather duhhh

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

If only it were so simple ! More to it than that

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

How are they made up?

They are made up because Jupiter and Saturn will not cause Earth's orbit to suddenly change enough to reduce solar insolation by 13%. That's not the way orbits work.

The link I posted shows how Earth's orbit changes by doing actual calculations, using all of the planets.

What if it reduces by 8%?

BTW, I'm not trying to argue, I ask out of sheer curiosity. I'm no astronomer, though I've been obsessed with space since I was a kid.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

What if it reduces by 8%?
It would have a major effect. But it won't do that either.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: MetalThunder

You know we've been traversing that "cloud" for thousands of years, right?

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
You guys can argue it till your blue in the face but the actual climate affects that have happened during sinilar minimum events have already been happening the last 2 years in the northern hemisphere which will experience the most effect

Argue deny do whatever you want its already here
edit on 14-11-2018 by toysforadults because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Will we see the Thames and Hudson freeze over as it did in the 1700/early 1800s? The brutal winters written about back then were some nasty events that the Little Ice Age caused....

Well today we can run our cars more, not car pool, not use public transit and fire up the coal power plants. One day we might thank China to producing more CO2 then the rest of the world combined, we can let Al Gore give them Nobel for CO2 generation.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

As a matter of fact

Star trajectory numbers published in a new study suggest that up to 16 stars could come close enough to our galaxy to send potentially dangerous cosmic matter, like comets, crashing into Earth. The prospect of unsettled space material smashing into our planet is enough of a fear for agencies like NASA to start ramping up planetary defense systems.
The US space agency has already dedicated a division to track near-Earth objects and there is a plan to carry out an asteroid redirection tests with the European Space Agency (ESA) in the next five years.

Stars passing ‘Oort cloud’ could fire cosmic matter throughout our galaxy – study

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Yes. A comet impact would have a dramatic effect on climate.

Indeed.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

More debris - less sun - doesn't have to be a comet

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: MetalThunder

As a matter of fact

Star trajectory numbers published in a new study suggest that up to 16 stars could come close enough to our galaxy to send potentially dangerous cosmic matter, like comets, crashing into Earth. The prospect of unsettled space material smashing into our planet is enough of a fear for agencies like NASA to start ramping up planetary defense systems.
The US space agency has already dedicated a division to track near-Earth objects and there is a plan to carry out an asteroid redirection tests with the European Space Agency (ESA) in the next five years.

Stars passing ‘Oort cloud’ could fire cosmic matter throughout our galaxy – study

As all the children giggled at the mention of a Space Force.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Your link is talking about comets being pushed out of the Oort cloud under the influence of passing stars.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

As a matter of fact

I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

As a matter of fact

I don't get it.

Space Force

posted on Nov, 14 2018 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I know what the Space (space...space) Force (force...force...force) is.

What does it have to do with that link?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join