It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sunspots, record cold, warns NASA scientist

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   
The whole headline wouldn't fit.

"Lack of sunspots to bring record cold, warns NASA scientist"

From the article...

"The sun is entering one of the deepest Solar Minima of the Space Age,” wrote Dr Tony Phillips just six weeks ago, on 27 Sep 2018.

Sunspots have been absent for most of 2018 and Earth’s upper atmosphere is responding, says Phillips, editor of spaceweather.com."

"If current trends continue, it could soon set a Space Age record for cold,” says Mlynczak. “We’re not there quite yet, but it could happen in a matter of months.”

Grab your extra blankets children!
Get the snow blower ready...

Oops, forgot the link...

www.iceagenow.info...
edit on 13-11-2018 by Bluntone22 because: Link

+13 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
But... but... global warming... that big giant glowing disc of burning gas in the sky couldn’t possibly have any effect on our climate... 😜👍

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: SwissMarked

It could be both...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:43 AM
link   
This sounds about right, we've been setting cold records for years now.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
9 Here last Friday a bit cooler than normal. Snow every other day. Welcome to Southwest Michigan. The UP has a couple of feet as of this morning.

Michigan highway condition map
Map

Good snow for hunting season!!
edit on 13-11-2018 by mikell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:46 AM
link   
It may get into the 50's in Miami then.

I'll have to wear socks with my sandals and a light sweater.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

Northern indiana is cold now too.
We have already had snow.

I remember playing football in the snow on Thanksgiving when I was a kid but not very often and it wasnt overly cold either.

Not unheard of but not common.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: SwissMarked
But... but... global warming... that big giant glowing disc of burning gas in the sky couldn’t possibly have any effect on our climate... 😜👍

I don't think many people argue the thought of climate change, more so the cause.

Sometimes things coincide though.

Take the North East for example, very hot summers can increase the temperature of the great lakes, in the winter that can lead to increase lake effect snow, which reflects much of the sunlight off of the ground, helping the cold temperatures.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Well I think I just learned something new then.. never thought sunspots affected temperature ?!

I was sure that during the summer, the sun's rays hit the Earth at a steep angle. The light does not spread out as much, thus increasing the amount of energy hitting any given spot. Also, the long daylight hours allow the Earth plenty of time to reach warm temperatures.

During the winter, the sun's rays hit the Earth at a shallow angle. These rays are more spread out, which minimizes the amount of energy that hits any given spot. Also, the long nights and short days prevent the Earth from warming up. Thus, we have winter.. and not affected by sunspots

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Also warm records.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
We just got done breaking to all time record low temps here in KC this past week, and it has snowed a couple of times with measurable snowfall these past four days.

I ended up staying home yesterday because the snow gummed up the morning commute, and I had the wiggle room in my schedule. It was just easier than turning up an hour or more late for a 4 hour shift. That's odd for mid-November when temps should be in the 50s for an average high.

Kiddo will be wrapped up in fill complement of hat, scarf, and gloves with his deep winter coat this morning as temps are below 20 with wind chills down around 0.
edit on 13-11-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Damn you Al Gore,where is the heat you promised,what a joke with government and libtards with their global warming BS

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Oldtimer2

Damn you Al Gore,where is the heat you promised,what a joke with government and libtards with their global warming BS

Al is probably in Canada dealing with all the polar bears that he said were going to be gone by now.

www.ctvnews.ca...

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Al is probably in Canada dealing with all the polar bears that he said were going to be gone by now.

www.ctvnews.ca...

Al Gore ... polar bear poacher.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Man Bear Pig is real. I’m totally cereal.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I got a funny feeling about this for a while. There's been some warm records in last a couple years but I think something might flip, boom mini ice age coming. It wont happen overnight, probably takes at least 5, 25,50 years to develop. Im not predicting this, just have a funny sense about this for years. Lets hope I'm wrong.

SUN, please wake up! We need you to provide energy for this earth.

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:35 AM
link   

No, no, no Climate Change is man made by the evil corporations that provide power to us, and it's their fault for not producing the power we demand in a 'green' way.....

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 09:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Bluntone22

www.ctvnews.ca...

Al Gore ... polar bear poacher.

Ummm...I can see him now...trying to poach a polar bear...

Like an egg...

Silly leftist...tricks are for hookers...

YouSir

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:03 AM
link   
southwest florida here. might have to put shoes on when i go outside

posted on Nov, 13 2018 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This purely anecdotal but it’s cold here has always been cold, will probably keep being cold. Might even get colder apparently
Already -17’C

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join